Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Bricked Sony Xperia XA2
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Bricked Sony Xperia XA2

Bricked Sony Xperia XA2

Pages (2): Previous 1 2
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
05-06-2019, 09:00 PM

(04-06-2019, 12:49 PM)oldguy327 X3non,
The link below shows an example of another XA2 owner who switched slots using fastboot and bricked their phone.
https://forum.xda-developers.com/xperia-...2-t3848896

notice on the same link, the OP isn't even sure what was flashed into the different slots. how can one verify he didn't flash wrong firmware
when an A/B phone is updated (OS update), the slots are automatically switched. so manually switching A/B slots can't be the cause of brick, rather the user must have done something else or something wrong to cause brick
oldguy327
oldguy327
oldguy327
06-06-2019, 09:56 PM
X3non,
Both phones are the same (model 3123). The battery cannot be removed without dismantling the phone.
My 2nd phone is recognized in file transfer mode and flashmode.
Windows Device Manager does not change when I plug in my bricked phone - does not matter what buttons I push.
I ran dmesg in Linux and my bricked phone does not cause any changes to the dmesg report. When I plug in my 2nd phone dmesg reports contact on the USB port and lists the phone as Sony.
I also tried MB 2.58 and it also does not recognize my bricked phone.

Anything else I can try? Is there an EDL mode for Sony phones?
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
07-06-2019, 11:18 AM
(06-06-2019, 09:56 PM)oldguy327 X3non,
Both phones are the same (model 3123). The battery cannot be removed without dismantling the phone.
Anything else I can try? Is there an EDL mode for Sony phones?

miracle box won't work, there's no edl mode not that i'm aware off but there's UART port, you can check sony website @ https://developer.sony.com/develop/open-...uart-ports for how to access this port (not sure if the device can be flashed through UART using and it requires certain hardware knowledge / skill). You should take your device to a service center

as for the battery been inbuilt, try this
loosen the back and carefully disconnect the battery clip (you can search youtube for "sony xa2 back cover")
launch flash tool, select your firmware and set flashing parameters then click flash
when prompted to connect the phone, hold vol down button then connect via USB
see if it works, you could also try connecting the battery clip before holding vol down button and connecting the phone to the PC
This post was last modified: 07-06-2019, 11:32 AM by X3non.
oldguy327
oldguy327
oldguy327
07-06-2019, 05:39 PM
Thank you for all of the suggestions. I have viewed the videos on removing the battery on the XA2. It looks challenging! Sony says they can fix my phone for $50 (including shipping), so I think I will send my phone to them for repair.
Again, thank you for helping me.
Oldguy327
Pages (2): Previous 1 2