Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android WHAT WOULD GO WRONG IF
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

WHAT WOULD GO WRONG IF

WHAT WOULD GO WRONG IF

dapo4friends
dapo4friends
dapo4friends
13-06-2019, 03:00 PM

One decides to

1. Use firmware upgrade option in SP FLASH TOOL to flash an updated firmware to infinix note 5 pro or any Android at that.

2. use the Format + Download option in SP flash tool to flash an updated an updated firmware to infinix note 5 pro or any Android phone.

PS: What does the format All (using Auto flash)(excluding bootloader) option means?
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
13-06-2019, 06:21 PM
(13-06-2019, 03:00 PM)dapo4friends One decides to
1. Use firmware upgrade option in SP FLASH TOOL to flash an updated firmware to infinix note 5 pro or any Android at that.
2. use the Format + Download option in SP flash tool to flash an updated an updated firmware to infinix note 5 pro or any Android phone.
PS: What does the format All (using Auto flash)(excluding bootloader) option means?

X605 is a secure boot phone and it's a bad idea to format one (firmware upgrade option also formats the phone before flashing the firmware)
and then if you happen to format, you will either need auth file or you flash using software download tool @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-23709.html
PS: format all partitions except preloader
This post was last modified: 13-06-2019, 06:33 PM by X3non.
dapo4friends
dapo4friends
dapo4friends
13-06-2019, 07:05 PM
(13-06-2019, 06:21 PM)X3non
(13-06-2019, 03:00 PM)dapo4friends One decides to

X605 is a secure boot phone and it's a bad idea to format one (firmware upgrade option also formats the phone before flashing the firmware)
and then if you happen to format, you will either need auth file or you flash using software download tool @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-23709.html
PS: format all partitions except preloader

Okay now...my thoughts are:

1. If you don't format before flashing new firmware, won't residues of the old firmware be left (especially if the old firmware is rooted or will the root be flushed during flashing (without formatting))?

2. Why can't we format preloader (cos I remember the firmware to be flashed also. One with preloader files)

3. Can Software Download tool be used to perform formatting too (SP FLASHTOOL is becoming a pain in the ***)
This post was last modified: 13-06-2019, 07:06 PM by dapo4friends.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
14-06-2019, 09:52 AM
(13-06-2019, 07:05 PM)dapo4friends Okay now...my thoughts are:

1. If you don't format before flashing new firmware, won't residues of the old firmware be left (especially if the old firmware is rooted or will the root be flushed during flashing (without formatting))?

2. Why can't we format preloader (cos I remember the firmware to be flashed also. One with preloader files)

3. Can Software Download tool be used to perform formatting too (SP FLASHTOOL is becoming a pain in the ***)

1. Stock firmware already contains necessary files needed to write onto the phone, writing overwrites whatever was formerly in the said partition (residue can be left since the partition is overwritten)
2. i already just explained formatting leads to one needing authentication (auth) file in order to flash the firmware. Auth files are not available
3. there's an option for format all + download and firmware upgrade in software download tool

In general, its a bad idea to format all and on this new secure boot models, there no reason to anyway
dapo4friends
dapo4friends
dapo4friends
14-06-2019, 06:57 PM

(14-06-2019, 09:52 AM)X3non
(13-06-2019, 07:05 PM)dapo4friends Okay now...my thoughts are:

1. Stock firmware already contains necessary files needed to write onto the phone, writing overwrites whatever was formerly in the said partition (residue can be left since the partition is overwritten)
2. i already just explained formatting leads to one needing authentication (auth) file in order to flash the firmware. Auth files are not available
3. there's an option for format all + download and firmware upgrade in software download tool

In general, its a bad idea to format all and on this new secure boot models, there no reason to anyway

okay, talking about residues, does flashing a firmware completely erase root and whatever system level modifications done on an earlier firmware?

if yes...then there will be no reason to do format all....
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
15-06-2019, 10:10 AM
(14-06-2019, 06:57 PM)dapo4friends okay, talking about residues, does flashing a firmware completely erase root and whatever system level modifications done on an earlier  firmware?

what you get after flashing stock firmware is completely stock, i.e you loose root and all modifications and settings made
you get the idea now, format is not needed. it only brings more problems from auth file needed to nvram problems after successfully flashing etc
dapo4friends
dapo4friends
dapo4friends
15-06-2019, 11:43 PM
(15-06-2019, 10:10 AM)X3non
(14-06-2019, 06:57 PM)dapo4friends okay, talking about residues, does flashing a firmware completely erase root and whatever system level modifications done on an earlier  firmware?

what you get after flashing stock firmware is completely stock, i.e you loose root and all modifications and settings made
you get the idea now, format is not needed. it only brings more problems from auth file needed to nvram problems after successfully flashing etc

Thanks so so much for sharing your valuable knowledge with me...i really appreciate it