Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android nokia 1 camera - no video???
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

nokia 1 camera - no video???

nokia 1 camera - no video???

bennyutzer
bennyutzer
bennyutzer
20-06-2019, 05:26 PM

hello there,

i have recently acquired a Nokia 1 TA-1047 with Android 8.1.0. the device is rooted.

when i open the standard camera app, i am automatically in photo mode. yet, i can not find a way to record videos. on the bottom of the screen [https://imgur.com/a/tuxBD8g] there is a "swipe" element, that would suggest that the video camera can be activated there, yet it does not work. the settings of the camera app also dont offer any option for taking videos.

is it possible that this standard app does not support taking videos? i know the phone is capable of taking videos [@720p/30fps] according to the reference.

anybody has an idea of how to do that? do i have to get a different camera app, or am i missing something here?

greetings
benny
freshtyt
freshtyt
freshtyt
21-06-2019, 03:59 PM
(20-06-2019, 05:26 PM)bennyutzer hello there,

i have recently acquired a Nokia 1 TA-1047 with Android 8.1.0. the device is rooted.

when i open the standard camera app, i am automatically in photo mode. yet, i can not find a way to record videos. on the bottom of the screen [https://imgur.com/a/tuxBD8g] there is a "swipe" element, that would suggest that the video camera can be activated there, yet it does not work. the settings of the camera app also dont offer any option for taking videos.

is it possible that this standard app does not support taking videos? i know the phone is capable of taking videos [@720p/30fps] according to the reference.

anybody has an idea of how to do that? do i have to get a different camera app, or am i missing something here?

greetings
benny

have you tried factory resetting the phone? and is the phone running stock or custom rom?
bennyutzer
bennyutzer
bennyutzer
23-06-2019, 07:03 AM
(21-06-2019, 03:59 PM)freshtyt

greetings
benny

have you tried factory resetting the phone? and is the phone running stock or custom rom?
after an immense lot of trying and playing around with it, i managed to find out how to change the camera app into video mode: you need to swipe across THE ENTIRE SCREEN, which is completely counterintuitive since the two little dots, that indicate a swiping mechanism, are at the bottom of the screen, next to the camera button.

why they thought that people would easily get that is beyond me.

thanks for the help and good ideas ;-)
juvette
juvette
juvette
23-06-2019, 07:11 AM

greetings
benny

Have you tried a different camera app?