Hovatek Forum HARDWARE SIM / Network unlock Cannot Flash Huawei E5573s-856 modem
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Cannot Flash Huawei E5573s-856 modem

Cannot Flash Huawei E5573s-856 modem

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
qristien
qristien
qristien
Enthusiastic Member
19-06-2019, 10:36 AM

This thread is a sequel to my former one:
https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-28251.html

Thanks so far for your assistance on that thread, @X3non.
This is where I am now.

The thread was dragging slowly, so I decided to try your bootshot method; the problem I'm facing now is similar to that on this thread:
https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-22788.html

But I seem to have made a mistake. Here are the steps I took:

1. I stripped the modem down to the motherboard.
2. I did a bootshot by connecting the pin closest to the USB with the USB body itself. It appeared as USB_COM, then I installed the drivers I downloaded, then it displayed the correct driver: Huawei Mobile Connect - 3G PC UI Interface [COM5].
3. Next I opened Balong USB Downloader and opened the program, then I detected the modem correctly.

Note that, at this point, I still had my tweezers in bootshot mode.

4. Now I clicked the three dots to search for usbloader.bin file. Here is where I think I made a mistake.
5. I selected the usbloader.bin file INSIDE THE BALONG USB DOWNLOADER FOLDER.
6. Immediately I clicked load, it scrolled fast to the end. I was expecting it to go slowly, but it was fast.
7. Now, I tried installing firmware.

To cut long story short, the modem is currently dead - doesn't come on any more. Even if I plug it into the system, the charging light does not come on.
DC Unlocker cannot detect it, Huawei flasher by fr3nsis cannot detect it.

The only thing that works is the same usbloader.bin file I used before i.e. I can still load it again.
I tried renaming the E5573xx.xx.xx.x.xx.bin file to usbloader.bin and loading that - NO LUCK.

The detect form field in Balong USB Downloader shows it as Huawei Mobile Connect - 3G PC UI Interface [BOOT_3G]. If I load the usbloader.bin to the modem again, it changes it to FC - 3G PC UI Interface, until I disconnect and reconnect again.
As a matter of fact, it displays the driver Huawei Mobile Connect - 3G PC UI Interface [COMX] in Device Manager without a bootshot even.

Please what can I do?
qristien
qristien
qristien
Enthusiastic Member
19-06-2019, 10:59 AM
This is the output of the Balong USB Downloader software when I detect:
COM6 - FC - PC UI Interface
        USB\VID_12D1&PID_1442&REV_0102&MI_00
        USB\VID_12D1&PID_1442&MI_00
COM4 - FC - Application Interface
        USB\VID_12D1&PID_1442&REV_0102&MI_01
        USB\VID_12D1&PID_1442&MI_01

And when I load the usbloader file from the modem:

Ôàéë E5573_UPDATE_21.180.17.00.00.BIN íå ÿâëÿåòñÿ çàãðóç÷èêîì usbloader.
qristien
qristien
qristien
Enthusiastic Member
19-06-2019, 02:45 PM
OK. New update.

I downloaded the usbloader.bin file for my device from unlock4modems.com and flashed.
Now the light next to the battery blinks, but device doesn't come on.

Isn't there any admin around to help me with this problem?
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
20-06-2019, 11:40 AM
(19-06-2019, 10:36 AM)qristien ...
Please what can I do?

actually wanted you to use usblsafe not loader but loader has been flashed already
when you successfully flash usbloader and you see the fc ports in device manager, you need to flash corresponding firmwares and webui and the device should work properly

download the file @ https://mega.nz/#!FGQUnD7b!u8-5gglYL3CtN...0u2STpA128 ; regardless of the file name you'll find a folder labeled firmwares and webui

while device is detected as fc serial in device manager, simply launch the exe program and follow the on-screen instructions (flash all 3 files one after the other without disconnecting the mifi from the PC)
flash the 21.110.99.02.00 firmware, once successful then flash the web-ui
then lastly flash the 21.180.xx firmware >> the mifi should auto reboot

post the outcome
This post was last modified: 20-06-2019, 11:55 AM by X3non.
qristien
qristien
qristien
Enthusiastic Member
22-06-2019, 05:50 PM

I encounter an "Error Code 12: Get Device Information failed" error.

When I run any firmware .exe file.
As soon as it starts to find ports, the computer apparently disconnects and reconnects quickly, because I see an "Installing Drivers" notification, and then it does "Finding Port", "Searching for Device" until I get that error.
At the end, it takes a long time, then the error shows.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
23-06-2019, 11:59 PM
(22-06-2019, 05:50 PM)qristien I encounter an "Error Code 12: Get Device Information failed" error.

As soon as it starts to find ports, the computer apparently disconnects and reconnects quickly, because I see an "Installing Drivers" notification, and then it does "Finding Port", "Searching for Device" until I get that error.

launch device manager on the pc
disconnect / reconnect the battery of the mifi >> power on the mifi (should display the two blinking lights) >> connect to the PC via usb
what does it get detected as in device manager?
Yoruba_bug
Yoruba_bug
Yoruba_bug
01-08-2019, 07:47 PM
(23-06-2019, 11:59 PM)X3non
(22-06-2019, 05:50 PM)qristien I encounter an "Error Code 12: Get Device Information failed" error.

launch device manager on the pc
disconnect / reconnect the battery of the mifi >> power on the mifi (should display the two blinking lights) >> connect to the PC via usb
what does it get detected as in device manager?
Sorry To Enter Another Person's Thread, But I've Got This Exact Problem, Like Very Exact And The Mifi Is Completely Dead, The Display Lights Can't Turn On, But It Gets Detected Under Ports On COM 3.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
02-08-2019, 02:01 PM
(01-08-2019, 07:47 PM)Yoruba_bug Sorry To Enter Another Person's Thread, But I've Got This Exact Problem, Like Very Exact And The Mifi Is Completely Dead, The Display Lights Can't Turn On, But It Gets Detected Under Ports On COM 3.

stick to your thread @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-29126.html
khisus19
khisus19
khisus19
28-01-2021, 06:56 PM

I just had that problem too. I solved it with the correct loader.bin and the Update for the model i had
ProGamer237
ProGamer237
ProGamer237
08-02-2021, 07:51 AM

(19-06-2019, 02:45 PM)qristien OK. New update.

I downloaded the usbloader.bin file for my device from unlock4modems.com and flashed.
Now the light next to the battery blinks, but device doesn't come on.

Isn't there any admin around to help me with this problem?

please i have the same modem and stuck on same step, please send me the file you dowloaded for your specific device because i have same devices and model, i read somewhere that balong goes rapidly to the end when the usbloader file is not compatible with your modem.
Thanks in advance
Pages (2): 1 2 Next