Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android how to install twrp for soft bricked phone using sp flah tool
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

how to install twrp for soft bricked phone using sp flah tool

how to install twrp for soft bricked phone using sp flah tool

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
anonymouss
anonymouss
anonymouss
Enthusiastic Member
17-07-2019, 02:15 PM

i want to install twrp recovery for soft bricked phone.iam using lenovo k8 note which is soft bricked. i want to install twrp using sp flash tool. iam getting error like "PMT changed for the ROM, it must be downloaded"
Note: i have full rom backup in my pc. i want to get my data from userdata.img. so that iam trying to install twrp. my phone is not rooted and debugging option also not enabled)please help me and reply me asap
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
17-07-2019, 04:59 PM
(17-07-2019, 02:15 PM)anonymouss i want to install twrp recovery for soft bricked phone.iam using lenovo k8 note which is soft bricked. i want to install twrp using sp flash tool. iam getting error like "PMT changed for the ROM, it must be downloaded"
Note: i have full rom backup in my pc. i want to get my data from userdata.img. so that iam trying to install twrp. my phone is not rooted and debugging option also not enabled)please help me and reply me asap

Just backup the userdata partition then mount userdata using the guide @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-26809.html and extract your files.
anonymouss
anonymouss
anonymouss
Enthusiastic Member
17-07-2019, 06:58 PM
Thanks for reply, even if userdata.img is encrypted will it works. Bcz I downloaded userdata.img from my phone (50 gb) of data, past 2 weeks I'm trying lot of methods to get my data.
This post was last modified: 18-07-2019, 04:19 AM by anonymouss.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
18-07-2019, 10:07 AM
(17-07-2019, 02:15 PM)anonymouss i want to install twrp recovery for soft bricked phone.iam using lenovo k8 note which is soft bricked. i want to install twrp using sp flash tool. iam getting error like "PMT changed for the ROM, it must be downloaded"

you can try flashing twrp recovery.img using fastboot instead of sp flash tool OR if you want to use sp flash tool, then make a duplicate of your full rom backup then copy twrp recovery.img into the rom backup folder and replace the existing recovery.img >> then flash using firmware upgrade

PS: if your userdata is encrypted then twrp really can't help you because you need to format /data to decrypt it

(17-07-2019, 06:58 PM)anonymouss Thanks for reply, even if userdata.img is encrypted will it works. Bcz I downloaded userdata.img from my phone (50 gb) of data, past 2 weeks I'm trying lot of methods to get my data.

you can try it out on an encrypted userdata backup yourself and find out the outcome
anonymouss
anonymouss
anonymouss
Enthusiastic Member
18-07-2019, 10:59 AM

1.In my mobile i have not enabled usb debugging, so fastboot is not working.
2.yeah i have full rom backup(58 gb). can u explain briefly how to do [copy twrp recovery.img into the rom backup folder and replace the existing recovery.img ], bcz im newbie , so that i can follow your steps.
3.i am not sure whether my userdata is encrypted or not, i have not changed any setting in my phone while working. some of them were said that datas are encrypted.so that iam checking. How should i format to decrypt my data. please provide steps it will be helpful.

[X3non]"you can try it out on an encrypted userdata backup yourself and find out the outcome"[/X3non]
i will try with my backup userdata.img and will do above steps which mentioned in the link

Note: i have important data are stored in userdata.img, so this is my first priority to get back my data. 
Thanks for ur replies.
This post was last modified: 18-07-2019, 11:02 AM by anonymouss.
anonymouss
anonymouss
anonymouss
Enthusiastic Member
18-07-2019, 02:45 PM
when i run cygwin to check my userdata.img it shows like $ file userdata.img
userdata.img: data
anonymouss
anonymouss
anonymouss
Enthusiastic Member
18-07-2019, 02:53 PM
when i drop the file in sgs2toext4 tool i am getting below logs.

output will be <inputname>.ext4.img

Added: H:\july 11 rom backup\full rom extracted components\userdata.img

userdata.img      32 B      32 B/s

userdata.img      32 B      0 B/s

waiting for reply.pls help on this issue.
This post was last modified: 18-07-2019, 06:17 PM by anonymouss.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
18-07-2019, 06:15 PM
(18-07-2019, 02:45 PM)anonymouss when i run cygwin to check my userdata.img it shows like $ file userdata.img
userdata.img: data

this alone already tells it won't work and there's no pulling anything out of the backup, twrp wont help you either as it requires formatting /data
last you can try is to look for the exact firmware build number that your phone is running on and flash (boot and system.img) from the firmware and if your userdata partition itself isn't corrupt then your device should boot fine as it was before if not then you're going to do away with the old backup
This post was last modified: 18-07-2019, 06:16 PM by X3non.
anonymouss
anonymouss
anonymouss
Enthusiastic Member
18-07-2019, 06:20 PM
my phone is not working as of now, i tried to flash system.img, but it stucks at 3%, so that i have given mobile to service center, they are saying like hardware issues. so is there no use of my full rom backup. what can i do now, i have lot of important datas are there in that backup.

(note: quote is not wokring while replying, while click quote it is not responding in this forum page
one more thing iam getting only one reply per day is there any reason for this, just asking generally)
This post was last modified: 18-07-2019, 06:48 PM by anonymouss.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
19-07-2019, 09:39 AM

(18-07-2019, 06:20 PM)anonymouss my phone is not working as of now, i tried to flash system.img, but it stucks at 3%, so that i have given mobile to service center, they are saying like hardware issues. so is there no use of my full rom backup. what can i do now, i have lot of important datas are there in that backup.

(note: quote is not wokring while replying, while click quote it is not responding in this forum page
one more thing iam getting only one reply per day is there any reason for this, just asking generally)

attach full screenshot of the flash tool and the error message
what are you flashing? system.img from stock firmware or from your backup
if from your backup, when did you make the backup before or after it got bricked?
in the event of next time, you should always keep a second backup of your "important data" elsewhere asides from your phone

click on reply, on the user's post you wish to quote and it'll be quoted in the new reply box
you're getting two replies in GMT+1 time, use the info @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-9526.html to your advantage
Pages (2): 1 2 Next