Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] Tecno NX stuck on bootloop then dead
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] Tecno NX stuck on bootloop then dead

[Please help] Tecno NX stuck on bootloop then dead

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
RMT
RMT
RMT
Techie Member
27-07-2019, 09:30 PM

Hello guys,
It's been a whileBig Grin but now as the title said, my phone got bricked because I flashed a broken twrp recovery and since then my phone is constantly bootlooping till I guess it shuts down due to low battery. But after, even by charging for hours, the phone won't boot up anymore. 
However, the "mediatek preloader VCOM" port still pops up when I plugged it in my pc. Because we know that SP flash tool won't work with my phone (secure boot), I wonder if using your newly founded SoftwareDownload (Transsion AfterSale) tool will help me out.
So, because the thread is a step by step flashing the whole firmware guide, and I only want to flash my stock recovery back, could you please tell me if there's a way to select only one partition to flash using this tool? And if so, how to define it?
Of course, if there is another way to fix my issue, please let me know.
Thanks a lot for your amazing work
RMT
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
28-07-2019, 08:07 PM
(27-07-2019, 09:30 PM)RMT Hello guys,
It's been a whileBig Grin but now as the title said, my phone got bricked because I flashed a broken twrp recovery and since then my phone is constantly bootlooping till I guess it shuts down due to low battery. But after, even by charging for hours, the phone won't boot up anymore. 
However, the "mediatek preloader VCOM" port still pops up when I plugged it in my pc. Because we know that SP flash tool won't work with my phone (secure boot), I wonder if using your newly founded SoftwareDownload (Transsion AfterSale) tool will help me out.
So, because the thread is a step by step flashing the whole firmware guide, and I only want to flash my stock recovery back, could you please tell me if there's a way to select only one partition to flash using this tool? And if so, how to define it?
RMT

Software download tool won’t let you flash to single partition m, you can only do that with fastboot, miracle box, spft or any other software that allow selection.

your phone is a secure boot doesn’t mean it can’t be flashed with sp flash tool, you only will need to load DA before it can be flashed.
Download DA for your phone model @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-23243.html and load to sp flash tool then flash recovery.img
This post was last modified: 28-07-2019, 08:10 PM by xerxes.
RMT
RMT
RMT
Techie Member
29-07-2019, 01:06 PM
(28-07-2019, 08:07 PM)innagee
(27-07-2019, 09:30 PM)RMT Hello guys,
RMT

Software download tool won’t let you flash to single partition m, you can only do that with fastboot, miracle box, spft or any other software that allow selection.

your phone is a secure boot doesn’t mean it can’t be flashed with sp flash tool, you only will need to load DA before it can be flashed.
Download DA for your phone model @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-23243.html and load to sp flash tool then flash recovery.img
I know I know but I always have this error: 
ERROR : S_SECURITY_SECURE_USB_DL_IMAGE_SIGN_HEADER_NOT_FOUND (6045), MSP ERROE CODE : 0x00.

Even by adding some .auth file found in internet doesn't fix the issue.
I think I could bypass it by using the 'Write Memory' tab in SP flash tool according to your sp flash tool error codes, but there's no further process beyond how to reveal the tab. So I'm not 100% sure what to do.

From the screenshot here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmUA1o5VkY3XlQu-3iFJ...V?e=B8KiYT 
Is the line inside the red rectangle the begin address (HEX)?
If so, is the write parameter in the sp flash tool window all right before I start flashing or is there something wrong?

And thanks for replying and helping me 

RMT
RMT
RMT
RMT
Techie Member
29-07-2019, 01:41 PM
(28-07-2019, 08:07 PM)innagee Software download tool won’t let you flash to single partition m, you can only do that with fastboot, miracle box, spft or any other software that allow selection.

Also, what about deleting all the files I don't need to flash and leave the recovery.img file only among the scatter file in the same folder so Software download tool will only detect this file and only flash it ? 
Just asking
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
29-07-2019, 05:08 PM

(29-07-2019, 01:06 PM)RMT I know I know but I always have this error: 
ERROR : S_SECURITY_SECURE_USB_DL_IMAGE_SIGN_HEADER_NOT_FOUND (6045), MSP ERROE CODE : 0x00.

I think I could bypass it by using the 'Write Memory' tab in SP flash tool according to your sp flash tool error codes, but there's no further process beyond how to reveal the tab. So I'm not 100% sure what to do.

If so, is the write parameter in the sp flash tool window all right before I start flashing or is there something wrong?

RMT

write memory might not work but if you want to try it then go ahead, you already know how to activate
how to use is easy enough, the highlighted item in your screenshot in the begin address and region in scatter file is region

flashing recovery will not get your device to power on, instead disconnect / reconnect the battery then leave to charge for several hours
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
29-07-2019, 05:14 PM
(29-07-2019, 01:41 PM)RMT Also, what about deleting all the files I don't need to flash and leave the recovery.img file only among the scatter file in the same folder so Software download tool will only detect this file and only flash it ? 
Just asking

you can try out this suggestion out yourself, see if it works or not
i suggest you get your device to power on (check my previous reply)
download factory firmware from the list @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-24212.html ; ORA-V184-SKU1-20180817-R8-A1-Go OR recovery.img only
flash stock recovery.img using sp flash tool and the custom DA
RMT
RMT
RMT
Techie Member
29-07-2019, 07:12 PM
(29-07-2019, 05:14 PM)X3non
(29-07-2019, 01:41 PM)RMT Also, what about deleting all the files I don't need to flash and leave the recovery.img file only among the scatter file in the same folder so Software download tool will only detect this file and only flash it ? 
Just asking

you can try out this suggestion out yourself, see if it works or not
i suggest you get your device to power on (check my previous reply)
download factory firmware from the list @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-24212.html ; ORA-V184-SKU1-20180817-R8-A1-Go OR recovery.img only
flash stock recovery.img using sp flash tool and the custom DA
Hello,

Thanks for the replies. And damn, I didn't checked that my phone's firmware download thread has been update! So finally I can flash something using SP Flash tool with those new signed firmware. And I did so, flashing the recovery partition, successfully.

However, bad news is the phone still won't boot up. I then flashed the boot partition, always a success, but the situation hasn't changed. Always black screen when I try to power it on. Not even the boot logo would show up. So I'm downloading the whole firmware now and try if flashing boot, recovery and system altogether will fix the issue.

RMT

Edit: So I flashed with system, recovery and boot ticked and during the flash, my phone has been disconected (suddenly without I did anything) and interrupts the process with this error:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmUA1o5VkY3XlQ2tGw71...v?e=zq1eXM

Hopefully, the preloader port is still recognized by my computer. I think the phone can't charge at all and ran out of battery because the port pops up and goes on each time then disappear for a minute and then it pops up again and so on, and I don't know how to charge it anymore. And because I flash system.img too now (wich is big) my phone has not enough battery juice to handle the process anymore rather than just flashing boot and recovery.
This post was last modified: 29-07-2019, 09:31 PM by RMT.
RMT
RMT
RMT
Techie Member
29-07-2019, 07:22 PM
(29-07-2019, 05:08 PM)X3non

RMT

write memory might not work but if you want to try it then go ahead, you already know how to activate
how to use is easy enough, the highlighted item in your screenshot in the begin address and region in scatter file is region

flashing recovery will not get your device to power on, instead disconnect / reconnect the battery then leave to charge for several hours
I think we can leave write memory for now. Also, I didn't test it (too scared if something goes wrong).

And about the battery, it is non-removable so I can't do anything from it, I can't even check if it is charging or not nor how many percent my battery has. Only the sound from the Preloader USB VCOM port when I plug in to my pc notified me that the phone is still alive.

Finally speaking of SoftwareDownload tool, I have the error:

[01]DA Connection Failed!S_BROM_DOWNLOAD_DA_FAIL

Just before it checked firmware files. So we can forget it.

RMT
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
30-07-2019, 07:03 AM
(29-07-2019, 07:22 PM)RMT
(29-07-2019, 05:08 PM)X3non

RMT

I think we can leave write memory for now. Also, I didn't test it (too scared if something goes wrong).

And about the battery, it is non-removable so I can't do anything from it, I can't even check if it is charging or not nor how many percent my battery has. Only the sound from the Preloader USB VCOM port when I plug in to my pc notified me that the phone is still alive.

Finally speaking of SoftwareDownload tool, I have the error:

[01]DA Connection Failed!S_BROM_DOWNLOAD_DA_FAIL

Just before it checked firmware files. So we can forget it.

RMT

Have you tried disconnecting/reconnecting the phone’s battery then charge the phone for a while?
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
30-07-2019, 12:04 PM

loosen the back cover to get access to the battery or find someone who can then disconnect / reconnect the battery and leave the phone to charge
Pages (2): 1 2 Next