Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android [Custom ROM] Help porting official CM 11(android 4.4.4) for android one to Tecno H6
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Custom ROM] Help porting official CM 11(android 4.4.4) for android one to Tecno H6

[Custom ROM] Help porting official CM 11(android 4.4.4) for android one to Tecno H6

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
hemor
hemor
hemor
Enthusiastic Member
14-03-2015, 09:49 PM

Both android one(cm codename: sprout) and tecno h6 have almost the same specs except for different internal memory size, camera MP and some other minor differences. Both devices come with kitkat, MT6582 chipset and 1gb RAM. Since cyanogen created an official CM 11 ROM for this device I thought it would be good to port this to tecno h6.

I'm a newbie to ROM porting but after following this tutorial at xda http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthre...?t=1908008 I was able to port the ROM but not successfully(not yet). It boots up to cyanogen boot animation and then display that animation endlessly. I have no idea what might be the cause of this(cos I'm a newbie) but I'm guessing it's the updater script or META-INF as a whole because I used the META-INF of Lexer ROM created for H6. Please help me make my first port a success.

Thanks in advance.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
15-03-2015, 10:49 AM
(14-03-2015, 09:49 PM)hemor Both android one(cm codename: sprout) and tecno h6 have almost the same specs except for different internal memory size, camera MP and some other minor differences. Both devices come with kitkat, MT6582 chipset and 1gb RAM. Since cyanogen created an official CM 11 ROM for this device I thought it would be good to port this to tecno h6.

I'm a newbie to ROM porting but after following this tutorial at xda http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthre...?t=1908008 I was able to port the ROM but not successfully(not yet). It boots up to cyanogen boot animation and then display that animation endlessly. I have no idea what might be the cause of this(cos I'm a newbie) but I'm guessing it's the updater script or META-INF as a whole because I used the META-INF of Lexer ROM created for H6. Please help me make my first port a success.

Thanks in advance.
this is Similar to our Keslar Infinito project. try dumping a logcat, that would tell us where to look. although i must tell you that bringing Cyanogenmod to Tecno will be next to impossible if Tecno keeps up their negligence to Developers
This post was last modified: 15-03-2015, 10:51 AM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
hemor
hemor
hemor
Enthusiastic Member
15-03-2015, 12:51 PM
(15-03-2015, 10:49 AM)hovatek
(14-03-2015, 09:49 PM)hemor Both android one(cm codename: sprout) and tecno h6 have almost the same specs except for different internal memory size, camera MP and some other minor differences. Both devices come with kitkat, MT6582 chipset and 1gb RAM. Since cyanogen created an official CM 11 ROM for this device I thought it would be good to port this to tecno h6.

Thanks in advance.
this is Similar to our Keslar Infinito project. try dumping a logcat, that would tell us where to look. although i must tell you that bringing Cyanogenmod to Tecno will be next to impossible if Tecno keeps up their negligence to Developers

how i dump logcat?
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
15-03-2015, 02:53 PM
(15-03-2015, 12:51 PM)hemor how i dump logcat?

AIO logcat

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
hemor
hemor
hemor
Enthusiastic Member
16-03-2015, 09:20 AM

(15-03-2015, 02:53 PM)hovatek AIO logcat
I already downloaded and installed all the required files but I don't know how I can use it to get the log when and after flashing a ROM
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
16-03-2015, 10:23 AM
(16-03-2015, 09:20 AM)hemor I already downloaded and installed all the required files but I don't know how I can use it to get the log when and after flashing a ROM

just connect the phone to pc while stuck at logo then launch it. follow the on screen instructions to dump the log of your choice

Note!
hemor
hemor
hemor
Enthusiastic Member
21-03-2015, 01:23 AM
(16-03-2015, 10:23 AM)hovatek just connect the phone to pc while stuck at logo then launch it. follow the on screen instructions to dump the log of your choice
sorry for the delay. I'm able to pull logcat from my phone while on stock rom but when I flash that rom adb no longer recognize my phone because usb debugging is not on and there's no way i can turn it on while stuck at boot. Is there a way I can force usb debugging on maybe by editing build.prop or something?
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
21-03-2015, 07:59 AM
(21-03-2015, 01:23 AM)hemor sorry for the delay. I'm able to pull logcat from my phone while on stock rom but when I flash that rom adb no longer recognize my phone because usb debugging is not on and there's no way i can turn it on while stuck at boot. Is there a way I can force usb debugging on maybe by editing build.prop or something?

what error did AIO logcat give?
Follow this guide @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-655.html
This post was last modified: 21-03-2015, 10:43 PM by hovatek.

Note!
hemor
hemor
hemor
Enthusiastic Member
21-03-2015, 10:51 AM
(21-03-2015, 07:59 AM)hovatek what error did AIO logcat give?
It said waiting for device but I was able to fix that by editing /system/build.prop and default.prop inside boot.img. Now I have the logcat txt file of about 15mb. How do I attach it here?
hemor
hemor
hemor
Enthusiastic Member
21-03-2015, 04:04 PM

I uploaded the logcat to dropbox. Please help me go through it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1gotr7wden381m...0.txt?dl=0
Pages (2): 1 2 Next