Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Ulefone Armor 6 lost IMEI and baseband
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Ulefone Armor 6 lost IMEI and baseband

Ulefone Armor 6 lost IMEI and baseband

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
nicky
nicky
nicky
Enthusiastic Member
02-09-2019, 11:16 PM

This MT6771 phone, Ulefone Armor 6, has lost its IMEI information after I flashed a full upgrade from the original stock rom without backing up the NVRAM.  I do have the IMEI numbers, but I have been unable to have any ROM version take the IMEI - it always reverts to "Unknown".  The Baseband version is also "Unknown".  The original stock ROM has the baseband version listed, so I can flash it so that I only have to have the system accept the IMEI, and not worry about the Baseband version.  Any advice??
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
03-09-2019, 02:35 PM
(02-09-2019, 11:16 PM)nicky This MT6771 phone, Ulefone Armor 6, has lost its IMEI information after I flashed a full upgrade from the original stock rom without backing up the NVRAM.  I do have the IMEI numbers, but I have been unable to have any ROM version take the IMEI - it always reverts to "Unknown".  The Baseband version is also "Unknown".  The original stock ROM has the baseband version listed, so I can flash it so that I only have to have the system accept the IMEI, and not worry about the Baseband version.  Any advice??

you can use maui meta, miracle box or sn writer @ to write IMEI https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-116.html but only after you fixed baseband.
You can fix baseband by flashing secro.img from your stock ROM then factory reset.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
03-09-2019, 03:03 PM
(02-09-2019, 11:16 PM)nicky This MT6771 phone, Ulefone Armor 6, has lost its IMEI information after I flashed a full upgrade from the original stock rom without backing up the NVRAM.  I do have the IMEI numbers, but I have been unable to have any ROM version take the IMEI - it always reverts to "Unknown".  The Baseband version is also "Unknown".  The original stock ROM has the baseband version listed, so I can flash it so that I only have to have the system accept the IMEI, and not worry about the Baseband version.  Any advice??

are you saying if you flash stock firmware, your device will get a valid baseband?
if yes, flash stock firmware then repair IMEI using the guide @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-116.html
then try flashing the upgrade firmware you have using "download only" in SP flash tool
nicky
nicky
nicky
Enthusiastic Member
03-09-2019, 05:27 PM
(03-09-2019, 02:35 PM)innagee

you can use maui meta, miracle box or sn writer @ to write IMEI https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-116.html but only after you fixed baseband.
You can fix baseband by flashing secro.img from your stock ROM then factory reset.
I am able get the baseband from flashing the stock ROM, with each subsequent update losing this info.  I have also tried most of the programs listed on the web page for fixing IMEI data, without success (and the baseband info listed in the ROM).  I feel the ROMS the fixing programs support do NOT include MT6771, Armor 6 build. Huh
nicky
nicky
nicky
Enthusiastic Member
03-09-2019, 05:54 PM

(03-09-2019, 03:03 PM)X3non

are you saying if you flash stock firmware, your device will get a valid baseband?
if yes, flash stock firmware then repair IMEI using the guide @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-116.html
then try flashing the upgrade firmware you have using "download only" in SP flash tool
I am able get the baseband from flashing the stock ROM, with each subsequent update losing this info.  I have also tried most of the programs listed on the web page for fixing IMEI data, without success (and the baseband info listed in the ROM).  I feel the ROMS the fixing programs support do NOT include MT6771, Armor 6 build. Huh
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
04-09-2019, 09:58 AM
(03-09-2019, 05:54 PM)nicky I am able get the baseband from flashing the stock ROM, with each subsequent update losing this info.  I have also tried most of the programs listed on the web page for fixing IMEI data, without success (and the baseband info listed in the ROM).  I feel the ROMS the fixing programs support do NOT include MT6771, Armor 6 build. Huh

you can't fix imei if baseband is unknown
attach a screenshot showing the contents of the firmware update file you're flashing
when you flash stock rom, does the imei get fixed as well or it's only the baseband that gets fixed?
nicky
nicky
nicky
Enthusiastic Member
04-09-2019, 09:22 PM
(04-09-2019, 09:58 AM)X3non
(03-09-2019, 05:54 PM)nicky I am able get the baseband from flashing the stock ROM, with each subsequent update losing this info.  I have also tried most of the programs listed on the web page for fixing IMEI data, without success (and the baseband info listed in the ROM).  I feel the ROMS the fixing programs support do NOT include MT6771, Armor 6 build. Huh

you can't fix imei if baseband is unknown
attach a screenshot showing the contents of the firmware update file you're flashing
when you flash stock rom, does the imei get fixed as well or it's only the baseband that gets fixed?
Here are 2 screenshots: one with the complete flashed system file (unable to just download the update, since I have TWRP as recovery), and one of the "about" screen.  2 more screenshots of the original stock ROM and the IMEI info.
.png
About phone original stock.png
Size: 120.36 KB / Downloads: 33
.png
About phone original stock.png
Size: 120.36 KB / Downloads: 33
.png
IMEI info.png
Size: 53.84 KB / Downloads: 27
.png
IMEI info.png
Size: 53.84 KB / Downloads: 27
This post was last modified: 04-09-2019, 10:05 PM by nicky.
Attached Files
.png
About phone.png
Size: 116.35 KB / Downloads: 13
.png
Updated system.png
Size: 122.66 KB / Downloads: 12
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
05-09-2019, 11:02 AM
(04-09-2019, 09:22 PM)nicky Here are 2 screenshots: one with the complete flashed system file (unable to just download the update, since I have TWRP as recovery), and one of the "about" screen.  2 more screenshots of the original stock ROM and the IMEI info.

i'll take it that baseband is fixed when on stock rom but imei is not
while still on stock, write imei using maui meta tool @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-12328.html
nicky
nicky
nicky
Enthusiastic Member
05-09-2019, 08:09 PM
(05-09-2019, 11:02 AM)X3non
(04-09-2019, 09:22 PM)nicky Here are 2 screenshots: one with the complete flashed system file (unable to just download the update, since I have TWRP as recovery), and one of the "about" screen.  2 more screenshots of the original stock ROM and the IMEI info.

while still on stock, write imei using maui meta tool @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-12328.html
Sending you an error while connecting:  ran drive_auto_installer successfullly, rebooted and ran latest version of MauiMETA.

Here is screenshot:
Attached Files
.jpg
Error.jpg
Size: 395.02 KB / Downloads: 14
nicky
nicky
nicky
Enthusiastic Member
05-09-2019, 08:36 PM

(05-09-2019, 08:09 PM)nicky
(05-09-2019, 11:02 AM)X3non

Sending you an error while connecting:  ran drive_auto_installer successfullly, rebooted and ran latest version of MauiMETA.

Here is screenshot:
Okay, I did a factory reset and the connection continued, but with this error:
Attached Files
.jpg
Error1.jpg
Size: 484.85 KB / Downloads: 14
Pages (2): 1 2 Next