Hovatek Forum DESKTOP Windows flashing by wipe which drivers?
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

flashing by wipe which drivers?

flashing by wipe which drivers?

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
হাই ইটস মি
হাই ইটস মি
05-09-2019, 07:58 AM

1. without turning on pc, (Desktop) can i flash a new windows? (previous 8.1 now 10) 
2. if i flash a new windows will it wipe other's driver except driver c?
THANKS for help! I AM VERY NOOBS AT THESE?
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
05-09-2019, 11:45 AM
(05-09-2019, 07:58 AM)হাই ইটস মি 1. without turning on pc, (Desktop) can i flash a new windows? (previous 8.1 now 10) 

1. without turning on the PC (laptop or desktop, anyone), you can't install windows

2. i think you're referring to hard drives and not drivers. your hard drives will not get wiped unless you choose to format them during the windows installation process. if you choose to install windows without formatting the drive then its previous contents will be moved into windows.old* folder
This post was last modified: 05-09-2019, 12:09 PM by X3non.
হাই ইটস মি
হাই ইটস মি
06-09-2019, 12:19 PM
(05-09-2019, 11:45 AM)X3non
(05-09-2019, 07:58 AM)হাই ইটস মি 1. without turning on pc, (Desktop) can i flash a new windows? (previous 8.1 now 10) 

1. without turning on the PC (laptop or desktop, anyone), you can't install windows

2. i think you're referring to hard drives and not drivers. your hard drives will not get wiped unless you choose to format them during the windows installation process. if you choose to install windows without formatting the drive then its previous contents will be moved into windows.old* folder
Sorry. I didn't understand a bit you just said? let me say it again 
1. "Without turning on" i meant - i can't go to tge desktop (because of this problem, i want to flash) BUT my pc will stay on. 
2. There are some others drive  except for "c drive" like - f, g, ....; So, if i flash a new windows it will wipe the "c drive" right? But will it format other drive? Cause i have some documents, i don't wanna lose them?
Hope you understood me
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
06-09-2019, 06:12 PM
(06-09-2019, 12:19 PM)হাই ইটস মি Sorry. I didn't understand a bit you just said? let me say it again 
1. "Without turning on" i meant - i can't go to tge desktop (because of this problem, i want to flash) BUT my pc will stay on. 
2. There are some others drive  except for "c drive" like - f, g, ....; So, if i flash a new windows it will wipe the "c drive" right? But will it format other drive? Cause i have some documents, i don't wanna lose them?
Hope you understood me

1. Yes, you can re-install Windows in this state. Windows 10 has a reset / reinstall Windows function. You can also use a Windows bootable CD (you can buy this) or flash drive (you can create this)
2. It depends on what option you select when reinstalling but its possible to reinstall without losing your files. Just don't select format

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
হাই ইটস মি
হাই ইটস মি
07-09-2019, 05:23 AM

(06-09-2019, 06:12 PM)hovatek
(06-09-2019, 12:19 PM)হাই ইটস মি Sorry. I didn't understand a bit you just said? let me say it again 
Hope you understood me

1. Yes, you can re-install Windows in this state. Windows 10 has a reset / reinstall Windows function. You can also use a Windows bootable CD (you can buy this) or flash drive (you can create this)
2. It depends on what option you select when reinstalling but its possible to reinstall without losing your files. Just don't select format
"Windows 10 has a reset re-install" - i have windows 8.1 not 10. And i already mentioned about that? If windows 8.1 also has reset re-install option, plz show me a guide
Can i download windows 10 from internet and store it in my pen drive and flash it somehow?
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
07-09-2019, 02:12 PM
(07-09-2019, 05:23 AM)হাই ইটস মি "Windows 10 has a reset re-install" - i have windows 8.1 not 10. And i already mentioned about that? If windows 8.1 also has reset re-install option, plz show me a guide
Can i download windows 10 from internet and store it in my pen drive and flash it somehow?

windows 8.x also has the same feature but it's called "refresh this PC"; works in the same way i.e restores windows without wiping your important files
how to achieve this depends on if you can access "reboot / restart" button from within or not

If you can, then simply hold the shift key before clicking restart
the PC should boot to advanced startup options > troubleshoot > refresh this PC > keep my files >> follow the rest of the on-screen prompts

if you wish to install windows 10, you can download windows 10 iso @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-8915.html ; install using the guide @ https://www.hovatek.com/blog/how-to-inst...dows-10-2/
Note: at step 8, dont format any drive. simply select a drive then click Next to proceed
This post was last modified: 07-09-2019, 02:17 PM by X3non.
হাই ইটস মি
হাই ইটস মি
07-09-2019, 03:08 PM
(07-09-2019, 02:12 PM)X3non
(07-09-2019, 05:23 AM)হাই ইটস মি "Windows 10 has a reset re-install" - i have windows 8.1 not 10. And i already mentioned about that? If windows 8.1 also has reset re-install option, plz show me a guide

windows 8.x also has the same feature but it's called "refresh this PC"; works in the same way i.e restores windows without wiping your important files
how to achieve this depends on if you can access "reboot / restart" button from within or not

the PC should boot to advanced startup options > troubleshoot > refresh this PC > keep my files >> follow the rest of the on-screen prompts

if you wish to install windows 10, you can download windows 10 iso @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-8915.html ; install using the guide @ https://www.hovatek.com/blog/how-to-inst...dows-10-2/
Note: at step 8, dont format any drive. simply select a drive then click Next to proceed
I can't go to the reboot/restart option. So the first option will bet help me? .
This is my 8.1 recovery pictures. Anything useful?
Attached Files
.jpg
DSC_0001.JPG
Size: 547.3 KB / Downloads: 4
.jpg
DSC_0002.JPG
Size: 584.54 KB / Downloads: 3
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
07-09-2019, 03:28 PM
(07-09-2019, 03:08 PM)হাই ইটস মি
(07-09-2019, 05:23 AM)হাই ইটস মি "Windows 10 has a reset re-install" - i have windows 8.1 not 10. And i already mentioned about that? If windows 8.1 also has reset re-install option, plz show me a guide

I can't go to the reboot/restart option. So the first option will bet help me? .

watch this video below to reset
This post was last modified: 07-09-2019, 03:29 PM by xerxes.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
07-09-2019, 04:35 PM
(07-09-2019, 03:08 PM)হাই ইটস মি I can't go to the reboot/restart option. So the first option will bet help me? .

startup settings (from your screenshot) > press numpad 4 > allow the PC to attempt to boot into safe mode
if successful, hold shift key then click restart, this should take you to the advanced startup options menu > troubleshoot > refresh this PC

if not successful then try
startup settings (from your screenshot) > press numpad 6 > allow the PC to attempt to boot into safe mode with CMD prompt
if successful, in the CMD prompt window type "shutdown /r /o" (without the quotes then press enter), this should take you to the advanced startup options menu > troubleshoot > refresh this PC
হাই ইটস মি
হাই ইটস মি
08-09-2019, 05:10 AM

(07-09-2019, 03:28 PM)innagee
(07-09-2019, 03:08 PM)হাই ইটস মি

watch this video below to reset
Thanks for the video. But i can't go to the password page. before my pc go to password page, its get blank screen.?
Pages (2): 1 2 Next