Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Tutorial] How to flash to a single partition on Unisoc / Spreadtrum using a PAC file
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

[Tutorial] How to flash to a single partition on Unisoc / Spreadtrum using a PAC file

[Tutorial] How to flash to a single partition on Unisoc / Spreadtrum using a PAC file

Pages (3): 1 2 3 Next
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
13-07-2019, 01:39 PM

This is a step-by-step tutorial on how to flash single files onto a spreadtrum android phone using Research Download Tool. For the sake of the tutorial, i'm going to be flashing an NV backup but you can use the same procedure to flash other files such as a custom recovery e.t.c

Why would I want to flash a single partition instead of the whole firmware?

Some times, you might need to flash a custom recovery (e.g TWRP) or magisk patched boot in order to root your phone. You might also wish to restore NVRAM (consists of pike2_pubcp_PLD_base_nv_nvitem.bin or w_fixnv1 & prodnv.img or prodnv) in order to fix network detection issue or bypass Privacy Protection Password. In such cases, it makes more sense to only flash to the target partitions.

Requirements

If you encounter any error(s) before or during flashing then see our list of Research Download / Upgrade Download tool errors for how to fix

How to flash single files onto a Spreadtrum phone using Research Download Tool

The steps below explain how to flash single files onto a Spreadtrum phone using Research Download Tool

See the video tutorial below or @ https://youtu.be/8dZZci43un8

1. Launch the exe i.e ResearchDownload.exe

[Image: how-to-flash-single-files-onto-a-spreadt...Tool-1.jpg]

2. Click on the Load Packet icon (top left corner)

[Image: how-to-flash-single-files-onto-a-spreadt...Tool-2.jpg]

3. In the window that pops up, navigate to the location of the .pac file, select it then click Open

[Image: how-to-flash-single-files-onto-a-spreadt...Tool-3.jpg]

4. The pac file should begin loading, you'll see the blue progress bar and once it's done its name should appear at the top)

[Image: how-to-flash-single-files-onto-a-spreadt...Tool-4.jpg]

5. Click the Settings Icon (top left corner)

[Image: how-to-flash-single-files-onto-a-spreadt...Tool-5.jpg]

6. In the window that pops up, untick any item(s) you do not wish to flash then click OK and note that fdl1&2 must remain ticked. e.g if i want to flash twrp recovery.img then i'll untick all except fdl1&2 and recovery but for this tutorial i'm flashing nvram backup and the backup contains prodnv and nv file so i'll untick all except fdl1&2, nv_w and prodnv

[Image: how-to-flash-single-files-onto-a-spreadt...Tool-6.jpg]

7. Right click on the file name of the item you have ticked i.e the items to intend to flash (do this for each, one after the other)

[Image: how-to-flash-single-files-onto-a-spreadt...Tool-7.jpg]

8. A new window will open, navigate to and select the file you intend to flash

[Image: how-to-flash-single-files-onto-a-spreadt...Tool-8.jpg]

9. Click the "Backup" tab (Do this only if you're flashing NV)

[Image: how-to-flash-single-files-onto-a-spreadt...Tool-9.jpg]

10. Untick all the items under "File Backup" section (Do this only if you're flashing NV)

[Image: how-to-flash-single-files-onto-a-spreadt...ool-10.jpg]

11. Navigate to the Options tab and untick Repartition

[Image: build-SPD-pac-using-research-download-tool-17.jpg]

12. Click Ok

[Image: how-to-flash-single-files-onto-a-spreadt...ool-11.jpg]

13. Click the Start downloading button

[Image: how-to-flash-single-files-onto-a-spreadt...ool-12.jpg]

14. If you're flashing NV items, then you'll get a prompt that you have not selected to backup imei item... Click Yes to proceed

[Image: how-to-flash-single-files-onto-a-spreadt...ool-13.jpg]

15. Switch off the phone (still with battery inside) then connect it to the PC via USB cord (note that you might need to hold the volume decrease button while connecting to PC on some phones) and flashing should begin. DO NOT interrupt
  16. Once flashing is complete, you'll see Passed
  17. Click on the Stop downloading button then disconnect the phone from PC

Important Notice
  • Research Download tool is meant for Spreadtrum chips only. It will not work on any other chipset
  • You should only untick the 3 items under the Backup tab when you're flashing NV. Leave them ticked for other files / partitons you're flashing
  • When bypassing Privacy Protection Password on Spreadtrum, do a factory reset if the lock is still in place after restoring the NV backup
  • This tool only flashes firmware in .pac format. If the firmware you downloaded is in zip format then unzip to view its content. If the content isn't a pac file (but each partition's files) then you need to convert to a pac file in order to flash using this tool
  • Dumps made using Infinity Chinese Miracle II SPD are usually in .pac.sc format and can't be directly flashed using this tool. You'll need to convert the Infinity CM2 SPD pac.sc to pac format
  • For some phone models, you might need to hold the boot key (could be either volume up or volume down) throughout the flashing process. This is to enable the flashing to continue in the face of a connection-disconnection cycle
  • If you wish to flash selected partitions (using Research Download tool) , fdl 1 & fdl 2 are required to be flashed also.
  • You should only load a pac file for your phone model and build number / variant. Using a different PAC firmware anything else could brick your phone
  • Do Not interrupt the flashing process as this could brick the device. If flashing somehow gets interrupted, take out and re-insert the battery then retry flashing
  • This tool was created by Spreadtrum Communications Inc. so credits to them for the tool
This post was last modified: 05-10-2019, 02:46 AM by X3non.
Bibson
Bibson
Bibson
10-09-2019, 05:03 PM
How do I flash only single partition without a pac file
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
11-09-2019, 09:45 AM
(10-09-2019, 05:03 PM)Bibson How do I flash only single partition without a pac file

with unlocked bootloader and fastboot, you can
if you can't get to fastboot or bootloader cant be unlocked then you can't
fatihu1111
fatihu1111
fatihu1111
19-10-2019, 08:01 PM
Goood work 10000%
Moataz1234
Moataz1234
Moataz1234
27-10-2019, 01:27 PM

No tick nor untick option appear on setting
shankar1790
shankar1790
shankar1790
27-10-2019, 02:06 PM
(27-10-2019, 01:27 PM)Moataz1234 No tick nor untick option appear on setting
use research download tool 4.1
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
28-10-2019, 12:27 AM
(27-10-2019, 01:27 PM)Moataz1234 No tick nor untick option appear on setting

that's probably cause you're not using research download tool, be sure that the tool you've downloaded is research download. there's a link for this under the requirements section
raihanrana91
raihanrana91
raihanrana91
28-10-2019, 02:30 PM
Sir im trying to 1year but not falsh a single partion
New Spd chpset sc9832e Android 8.1..sir I'm trying to many ways but not success please sir give me solution.pliz sir pliz give me .
Pliz answer me ...
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
28-10-2019, 04:18 PM
(28-10-2019, 02:30 PM)raihanrana91 Sir im trying to 1year but not falsh a single partion
New Spd chpset sc9832e Android 8.1..sir I'm trying to many ways but not success please sir give me solution.pliz sir pliz give me .
Pliz answer me ...

...im trying to 1year...
can you rephrase? what exactly are you trying to do?
raihanrana91
raihanrana91
raihanrana91
28-10-2019, 06:21 PM

I'm try TWRP flash this rechargetool .but sow hang on logo .not download the phone .I'm tick fdl2/fdl2 only
This post was last modified: 28-10-2019, 06:22 PM by raihanrana91.
Pages (3): 1 2 3 Next