Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android Lost space on internal storage
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

Lost space on internal storage

Lost space on internal storage

Razor180
Razor180
Razor180
23-11-2019, 09:17 PM

I was told not to use on SP Flash tools either firmware + upgrade or full format + download options when flash Android OS. 

Reasons :
1. Possible loss of IMEI
2. Or due to secure boot sign and DM verify one can have problems.

Typical of my luck I had bootloop issue which at the moment I think is due to me installing zram via magisk and also having swap on SD. When I manually cleared cache I went into bootloop. 

So reinstalled but used "download only " option and installed and the phone boots up fine but missing 5gigs space on 16gig internal. Though I think phone runs better via this flash method or could be a fluke. 
Is this normal ?
Previously 16gig was correctly detected but now shows 11.6 total memory and 11.2 available or something like that. 

I had this issue once before when I flashed custom ROM using download only option on SP Flash tools but when using firmware upgrade option phone correct 16gig was detected.
Phone can read 128gig SD so storage overall not a problem. If even though my internal storage not correct detected and if hovatek can assure I will never have issues related to missing 5gig I will leave it be. Since I never store anything on internal storage.

Thank you for assistance
Razor180
Razor180
Razor180
23-11-2019, 09:51 PM
From what I understand Twrp can fix this via:

1. Select - wipe- advanced wipe
2. Choose/tick data partition
3. Chose check / repair file system
4. Chose resize partition

However flashing Twrp after porting via hovatek mtk Twrp Porter version 1 or 1.2 causes either bootloop or stock recovery to reinstall
This post was last modified: 23-11-2019, 10:18 PM by Razor180.
Razor180
Razor180
Razor180
23-11-2019, 10:15 PM
Steps I am thinking of taking:

Usigning boot, recovery but also system images.

Tools to be used :
1. Hovatek IMG unsign tool. Will use this FIRST. Though official ROM when unzipped shows boot image as "boot.img" instead of "boot-sign.img" as well as recovery and system images appear to be named similarly though I assume they (manufacturer) signed it and renamed as boot.img to confuse the masses.

2. Will use hovatek mtk Twrp Porter v1.2 to port twrp next.
3. Will flash again via "download only" option via SP flash tool.
4.if successful boots will install magisk and get it to patch boot.img that was previously unsigned by hovatek unsign tool.
5. Will flash magisk patched boot.img via SP Flash.

At this point if still have missing internal storage then will attempt to boot into twrp and try fix mentioned above.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
25-11-2019, 02:54 AM
(23-11-2019, 09:17 PM)Razor180 I was told not to use on SP Flash tools either firmware + upgrade or full format + download options when flash Android OS. 

Thank you for assistance

everything looks normal, 11.x GB is what you get as userdata / internal storage on devices with emulated storage
/system partition takes up approx 4-5 gb
totaling all partitions on the devices should give 16 gb
This post was last modified: 25-11-2019, 04:38 AM by X3non.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
25-11-2019, 02:58 AM

(23-11-2019, 10:15 PM)Razor180 Steps I  am thinking of taking:

Usigning boot, recovery but also system images.

Tools to be used :
1. Hovatek IMG unsign tool. Will use this FIRST. Though official ROM when unzipped shows boot image as "boot.img" instead of "boot-sign.img" as well as recovery and system images appear to be named similarly though I assume they (manufacturer) signed it and renamed as boot.img to confuse the masses.

2. Will use hovatek mtk Twrp Porter v1.2 to port twrp next.
3. Will flash again via "download only" option via SP flash tool.
4.if successful boots will install magisk and get it to patch boot.img that was previously unsigned by hovatek unsign tool.
5. Will flash magisk patched boot.img via SP Flash.

At this point if still have missing internal storage then will attempt to boot into twrp and try fix mentioned above.

for twrp problems, check your thread @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-312...#pid182685
This post was last modified: 25-11-2019, 04:37 AM by X3non.