Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Tecno Spark 2 with Unresponsive Screen at Setup after Flashing
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Tecno Spark 2 with Unresponsive Screen at Setup after Flashing

Tecno Spark 2 with Unresponsive Screen at Setup after Flashing

davem
davem
davem
Enthusiastic Member
23-12-2019, 11:23 PM

Hello, I am having a very weird issue. I flashed a wrong recovery on my KA7 which threw the phone into a bootloop. I then downloaded stock firmwares from here (Specifically Versions 123,169 and 173) and flashed them successfully using SP Flash tool and KA7's DA. 
However,on booting up the phone is stuck on the set up screen where it asks you to choose the language. Basically, it is frozen not accepting any touch input. The Volume buttons are working and you can even hear the notifications come in. I can't move past the initial screen on Bootup. I have flashed all the Firmwares above but all give the same results. Some background info is that I had unlocked the bootloader. I don't know what I'm missing here as the phone is flashed successfully, but it's not able to respond to touch during the setup process. Kindly Help
This post was last modified: 23-12-2019, 11:24 PM by davem.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
24-12-2019, 11:48 AM
(23-12-2019, 11:23 PM)davem Hello, I am having a very weird issue. I flashed a wrong recovery on my KA7 which threw the phone into a bootloop. I then downloaded stock firmwares from here (Specifically Versions 123,169 and 173) and flashed them successfully using SP Flash tool and KA7's DA. 
However,on booting up the phone is stuck on the set up screen where it asks you to choose the language. Basically, it is frozen not accepting any touch input. The Volume buttons are working and you can even hear the notifications come in. I can't move past the initial screen on Bootup. I have flashed all the Firmwares above but all give the same results. Some background info is that I had unlocked the bootloader. I don't know what I'm missing here as the phone is flashed successfully, but it's not able to respond to touch during the setup process. Kindly Help

do you remember the previous build number of your device?
can you confirm that the device is ka7 and not ka7o? what was the previous android version? ram and rom size of the phone?
davem
davem
davem
Enthusiastic Member
24-12-2019, 05:30 PM
Yeah it was V205. The phone is indeed KA7 running Android 8.1-Go with HiOs on top. A gig of RAM and 16Gb of storage.

My thinking is that maybe the issue is the data encryption. But I have no idea of getting it fixed. The Stock recovery is working, as is fastboot. I would have flashed TWRP but while returning the phone to stock, for some reason the bootloader was locked and now I am getting "no permission" errors in fast boot. I am at a loss
davem
davem
davem
Enthusiastic Member
24-12-2019, 05:32 PM
The Option to unlock OEM is also probably locked in developer options, and with a phone that cannot boot, I cannot enable the developer options
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
24-12-2019, 11:17 PM

(24-12-2019, 05:30 PM)davem Yeah it was V205. The phone is indeed KA7 running Android 8.1-Go with HiOs on top. A gig of RAM and 16Gb of storage.

My thinking is that maybe the issue is the data encryption. But I have no idea of getting it fixed. The Stock recovery is working, as is fastboot. I would have flashed TWRP but while returning the phone to stock, for some reason the bootloader was locked and now I am getting "no permission" errors in fast boot. I am at a loss

flash KA7-H8024ABC-OGo-190704V205 @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-311.html
davem
davem
davem
Enthusiastic Member
03-01-2020, 08:16 AM
The flashing went very smooth. I am curious, was the reason the older versions weren't working because Tecno implemented an ant roll back protection?

I booted up and I have no IMEI, typical MTK. Now I have to restore it but I will need root. I am wary of flashing some recoveries which got me in this place in the first place. I found this thread https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21427.html where you patch the boot.img with Magisk but I have already deleted the firmware so I have no boot.img. Big Mistake! Trying to back up my firmware as explained here using WWR MTK tool failed too.

Now I am left with one option,download the whole firmware afresh. But we're in Africa and data is expensive (1Gb +). I did some more digging and I came across this thread where you have uploaded individual files https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-24299.html

Sadly for my Spark 2 (KA7), the only individual component files uploaded is upto V173, but I needed V205. Would you be so kind as to upload V205 individual files so that I can get the boot.img? I will really appreciate the gesture. Thank you.

PS: Sorry for the long post
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
03-01-2020, 11:40 AM
(03-01-2020, 08:16 AM)davem The flashing went very smooth. I am curious, was the reason the older versions weren't working because Tecno implemented an ant roll back protection?
Sadly for my Spark 2 (KA7), the only individual component files uploaded is upto V173, but I needed V205. Would you be so kind as to upload V205 individual files so that I can get the boot.img? I will really appreciate the gesture. Thank you.

PS: Sorry for the long post

that's not an anti-roll security feature, anti-roll feature prevents you from successfully flashing an older firmware build. your device is just a different variant
with the right DA file you should be able to backup from the device, if there's a problem then ensure to attach screenshot or error encountered
you can check the individual files page at a later time, we'll try to add the file (no ETA though)

EDIT: added individual files
This post was last modified: 03-01-2020, 11:57 AM by X3non.
davem
davem
davem
Enthusiastic Member
03-01-2020, 01:22 PM
Worked beautifully!

Thank you very much for your help. Maybe just a suggestion, you have linked the individual files for V205 under KA70 instead of KA7. I feel it may confuse KA70 Users who may end up flashing it probably bricking their devices. Kindly have a look at it
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
03-01-2020, 08:40 PM
(03-01-2020, 01:22 PM)davem Worked beautifully!

Thank you very much for your help. Maybe just a suggestion, you have linked the individual files for V205 under KA70 instead of KA7. I feel it may confuse KA70 Users who may end up flashing it probably bricking their devices. Kindly have a look at it

thank you and now you mention it, it should be on an entirely separate section
thanks to tecno, there's now
KA7
KA7-O
KA7-GO (which this new one falls under)