Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android [Please help] Root tecno KA7
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] Root tecno KA7

[Please help] Root tecno KA7

Pages (3): Previous 1 2 3 Next
Monroot
Monroot
Monroot
Enthusiastic Member
26-12-2019, 06:08 PM

(25-12-2019, 08:09 PM)Monroot
(24-12-2019, 10:02 PM)innagee
(24-12-2019, 08:15 PM)Monroot good evening everyone and thanks for the advance.  My problem is that;  I would like to root my KA7 techno phone.  I tried with different methods before stumbling on Mediatek sp tool where we say that you have to install TWRP before you can root I followed the method but in MTK when I click on download then connect my phone with USB cable, nothing  does not happen.  However the USB deboding is very active and OEM too.  I am French-speaking therefore not very strong in English if someone to speak French it is better if not of problem.  I am a beginner so please be clear in the explanations

What’s the phone’s build no?
Do you have the firmware for your phone’s build? If yes follow the guide @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21427.html to root.
Hello
Yes i have firmwar tecno KA7 H8024ABC-0Go-191121V215

Pleas help me
there are several .img files which are: recovery-sign.img;  system-sign.img;  odmdtbo-sign.img;  userdata-sign.img;  boot-sign.img;  tee-sign.img;  vendor-sign.img cache-sign.img and secro-sign.img this is which one?  even if there is boot-sign.img ???
rggr5
rggr5
rggr5
Techie Member
26-12-2019, 06:09 PM
Yes boot-sign.img.
Maybe you also need to rename it to boot.img
Monroot
Monroot
Monroot
Enthusiastic Member
26-12-2019, 06:21 PM
(26-12-2019, 06:09 PM)rggr5 Yes boot-sign.img.
Maybe you also need to rename it to boot.img
I tried but in adb fastboot after fastboot flash boot boot.img, it displays error: cannot load 'boit.img': we such file or directory
rggr5
rggr5
rggr5
Techie Member
26-12-2019, 06:27 PM
Did you patch it first from magisk, if yes then via fastboot you however no need to rename .img file you can directly flash it by giving command:
fastboot flash boot magisk_patched.img

If not work ,Try sp flash tool but you must rename file to boot.img
This post was last modified: 26-12-2019, 06:39 PM by rggr5. Edit Reason: Spelling mistake
rggr5
rggr5
rggr5
Techie Member
26-12-2019, 11:23 PM

Did you put patched.img file in adb tools folder ??? the error you are getting while fastboot flashing seems to be not found the file in the desired location.
Didn't you follow the exact steps taught in the post or video tutorial ???
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
27-12-2019, 11:26 AM
(26-12-2019, 06:21 PM)Monroot I tried but in adb fastboot after fastboot flash boot boot.img, it displays error: cannot load 'boit.img': we such file or directory

ensure that you copy the magisk_patched.img into the adb folder, and ensure to use the right name as @rggr5 already explained i.e if the file name is magisk_patched.img then your command must be "fastboot flash boot magisk_patched.img"
Monroot
Monroot
Monroot
Enthusiastic Member
27-12-2019, 05:43 PM
(27-12-2019, 11:26 AM)X3non
(26-12-2019, 06:21 PM)Monroot I tried but in adb fastboot after fastboot flash boot boot.img, it displays error: cannot load 'boit.img': we such file or directory

ensure that you copy the magisk_patched.img into the adb folder, and ensure to use the right name as @rggr5 already explained i.e if the file name is magisk_patched.img then your command must be "fastboot flash boot magisk_patched.img"
yes I followed all the steps of the tutorial.  With my firmwar I had the boot-sign.img file which I manipulate with magisk I had the magisk_patched.img file;  I copied it to adb.  I opened adb fastboot then: adb devices.  adb reboot bootloader, the phone turns it off and goes into Fastboot mode.  I enter fastboot flash boot magisk_patched.img.  and the same error appears.  I renamed to boot.img and the same error appears.  But me using the minimal adb application is that for that?  should i use another adb app
rggr5
rggr5
rggr5
Techie Member
27-12-2019, 06:10 PM
If you are still facing the same issue then use KK tools if you want to flash only via fastboot , install that software copy and paste your patched.img into the adb fastboot folder the location of which should be like: C:\Program Files\KKC TEAM\KKC TOOL\AutoPlay\Docs\ADB_Fastboot
then try the flashing process by opening adb option given in this software but first check connection by giving command :
fastboot devices
Also hovatek staff will assist you better but if you want, give it a try .

If you want, I can provide you my Gdrive link for this tool if admin allows.
This post was last modified: 29-12-2019, 11:33 AM by rggr5.
rggr5
rggr5
rggr5
Techie Member
28-12-2019, 02:06 AM
But why are you not using sp flash tool, why are you not mentioning about this, it can be then difficult to understand for hovatek team that what's the issue exactly. If you are having any error while using sp they will definitely give you a solution. These guys are amazing in helping everyone.
Also from your first post it seems that you want to ask that when you connect your phone to pc for sp flashing, nothing happens even you've turned on usb debugging and oem in developer option. From your post it seems that you're trying to connect device without power it off first for flashing . Am I right or am I right ? Wink
This post was last modified: 28-12-2019, 03:14 AM by rggr5.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
28-12-2019, 09:41 AM

(27-12-2019, 05:43 PM)Monroot yes I followed all the steps of the tutorial.  With my firmwar I had the boot-sign.img file which I manipulate with magisk I had the magisk_patched.img file;  I copied it to adb.  I opened adb fastboot then: adb devices.  adb reboot bootloader, the phone turns it off and goes into Fastboot mode.  I enter fastboot flash boot magisk_patched.img.  and the same error appears.  I renamed to boot.img and the same error appears.  But me using the minimal adb application is that for that?  should i use another adb app

when you open command prompt, ensure that the folder location is in the same location as the adb folder where the boot.img you're flashing is located. you can use the CD command to change folder location in command prompt e.g
Code:

cd C:\adb
attach a screenshot showing the error message in adb and attach a screenshot showing the adb & fastboot folder
Pages (3): Previous 1 2 3 Next