Hovatek Forum DESKTOP Windows [HELP] Windows recovery point while booting
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[HELP] Windows recovery point while booting

[HELP] Windows recovery point while booting

Marsian8
Marsian8
Marsian8
03-02-2020, 01:22 PM

So... I bricked my PC trying to install a 3rd party theme (had to do some registry editing), now I did make a system restore point before doing so but I have no idea how I can restore the windows recovery point because when I boot windows after the loading screen is gone all I am greeted with is a solid black screen and nothing is visible (My cursor though, becomes visible for some time if I try to move it). I have no idea how to resote the restore point so does anyone have an idea if I can go into the "Blue troubleshoot screen" (where you choose to restore a recovery point) directly while booting my pc, maybe with a button combo or something. Any attempt to help this poor soul would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advamce

Sent from my Moto G 2014 using Hovatek Mobile
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
03-02-2020, 02:41 PM
(03-02-2020, 01:22 PM)Marsian8 So... I bricked my PC trying to install a 3rd party theme (had to do some registry editing), now I did make a system restore point before doing so but I have no idea how I can restore the windows recovery point because when I boot windows after the loading screen is gone all I am greeted with is a solid black screen and nothing is visible (My cursor though, becomes visible for some time if I try to move it). I have no idea how to resote the restore point so does anyone have an idea if I can go into the "Blue troubleshoot screen" (where you choose to restore a recovery point) directly while booting my pc, maybe with a button combo or something. Any attempt to help this poor soul would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advamce

Which version of windows are you using? Win 7, 8 or 10.
Refer to https://www.hovatek.com/blog/how-to-do-a...e-on-a-pc/ for how to restore.
Marsian8
Marsian8
Marsian8
03-02-2020, 04:06 PM
(03-02-2020, 02:41 PM)innagee
(03-02-2020, 01:22 PM)Marsian8 So... I bricked my PC trying to install a 3rd party theme (had to do some registry editing), now I did make a system restore point before doing so but I have no idea how I can restore the windows recovery point because when I boot windows after the loading screen is gone all I am greeted with is a solid black screen and nothing is visible (My cursor though, becomes visible for some time if I try to move it). I have no idea how to resote the restore point so does anyone have an idea if I can go into the "Blue troubleshoot screen" (where you choose to restore a recovery point) directly while booting my pc, maybe with a button combo or something. Any attempt to help this poor soul would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advamce

Refer to https://www.hovatek.com/blog/how-to-do-a...e-on-a-pc/ for how to restore.

Thanks for the link, so turns out the only way I could do this is by using a bootable USB, isn't there any other way which, for some reason was not listed in the article?

P.S - it's running on windows 10

xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
03-02-2020, 09:37 PM
(03-02-2020, 04:06 PM)Marsian8
(03-02-2020, 02:41 PM)innagee

Thanks for the link, so turns out the only way I could do this is by using a bootable USB, isn't there any other way which, for some reason was not listed in the article?

Try booting/restarting the pc while holding the shift button on your keyboard, might take you to recovery.
freshtyt
freshtyt
freshtyt
03-02-2020, 09:57 PM

(03-02-2020, 04:06 PM)Marsian8 Thanks for the link, so turns out the only way I could do this is by using a bootable USB, isn't there any other way which, for some reason was not listed in the article?

you can try inducing a system repair, power on the PC then 5 secs after it shows the windows logo hold the power button till the PC shuts down forcefully, power it on again and the pc should attempt to do a system repair. if the system repair fails then you'll be prompted with several options including system restore