Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Tutorial] How to use Wwr MTK + SP Flash tool to backup Mediatek rom
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

[Tutorial] How to use Wwr MTK + SP Flash tool to backup Mediatek rom

[Tutorial] How to use Wwr MTK + SP Flash tool to backup Mediatek rom

Pages (22): Previous 110 11 12 13 1422 Next
rggr5
rggr5
rggr5
Techie Member
28-12-2019, 04:57 PM

I used v2.51 by watching your video and did not encounter any errors during readback but how I backup only boot or recovery in this version.I know this is described in the previous version, but I don't want to use that one because this version has less steps and easier to understand, so plz explain how i do it.  During the readback in the final stage (system), as I followed the exact steps shown in the video as I wanted to learn the process for the future, my pc hanged when process reached to 50% and my heart was coming out of my mouth thinking that my phone is definitely dead now, but I found myself so lucky, when the phone was successfully booted on the home screen in the first attempt, so now I want to ask how bad it would have been if it had not happened and I was trying to backup a phone that was rooted and has a twrp installed, Could it be a problem in this rom dump ???
This post was last modified: 29-12-2019, 02:16 AM by rggr5.
Tinsae Yohannes
Tinsae Yohannes
Tinsae Yohannes
Enthusiastic Member
29-12-2019, 07:45 PM
Thanks so much it worked for me like a charm, after downloading latest version of SP flash tools WOW!!!
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
30-12-2019, 12:29 AM
(28-12-2019, 04:57 PM)rggr5 I used v2.51 by watching your video and did not encounter any errors during readback but how I backup only boot or recovery in this version.I know this is described in the previous version, but I don't want to use that one because this version has less steps and easier to understand, so plz explain how i do it.  During the readback in the final stage (system), as I followed the exact steps shown in the video as I wanted to learn the process for the future, my pc hanged when process reached to 50% and my heart was coming out of my mouth thinking that my phone is definitely dead now, but I found myself so lucky, when the phone was successfully booted on the home screen in the first attempt, so now I want to ask how bad it would have been if it had not happened and I was trying to backup a phone that was rooted and has a twrp installed, Could it be a problem in this rom dump ???

if you made a full readback of emmc_user, then cut the rom as it is and you'll get boot and recovery.img
if you made a readback of pgpt, then load the file into wwr mtk tool. find the start address and length for boot and recovery and readback both partitions using the addresses you got

worse that would happen if the process failed or didn't complete during backup will be the phone getting stuck in flash mode; fix @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-808.html

the rom dump will have root and twrp instead of stock images
rggr5
rggr5
rggr5
Techie Member
30-12-2019, 04:44 AM
However it's a little bit confusing but as I understood that when I will load pgpt in wwr then I just need boot and recovery's length and start addresses which then I have to readback one by one , but do I have to copy start and length both addresses from wwr because in video instructor took only one address from wwr or we need both from wwr during readback of separate partitions.
And I'm not mentioning emmc_user because that's a time consuming process, also if I can get both partitions separately without it I will not go for it.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
30-12-2019, 09:25 AM

(30-12-2019, 04:44 AM)rggr5 However it's a little bit confusing but as I understood that when I will load pgpt in wwr then I just need boot and recovery's length and start addresses which then I have to readback one by one , ...

that's exactly what i meant

(30-12-2019, 04:44 AM)rggr5 ...but do I have to copy start and length both addresses from wwr because in video instructor took only one address from wwr or we need both from wwr during readback of separate partitions....

you need both addresses i.e
start address and length for boot
start address and length for recovery

(30-12-2019, 04:44 AM)rggr5 ...And I'm not mentioning emmc_user because that's a time consuming process,...

you can simply backup without including cache and userdata which are two of the largest partitions based on size and not entirely needed if you only wish to have a firmware backup; see https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-22701.html ; under the topic header "How to skip userdata and cache when dumping ROM using Wwr_MTK"

your backup that got halted at 50% has all partitions in good order except userdata. userdata alone makes for above 70% of the entire emmc_user. since the backup stopped at 50%, you can process it using wwr mtk to get the other partitions except userdata
This post was last modified: 30-12-2019, 09:31 AM by X3non.
rggr5
rggr5
rggr5
Techie Member
02-01-2020, 01:28 AM
Ok i understood that means I'll just need to do the same whenever I need backup of a particular partition for example if I want only system file then I have to copy paste both start and length address for read back of that particular partition. Am I right, plz reply otherwise I can brick my device. I will only proceed after your assurance.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
02-01-2020, 09:35 AM
(02-01-2020, 01:28 AM)rggr5 Ok i understood that means I'll just need to do the same whenever I need backup of a particular partition for example if I want only system file then I have to copy paste both start and length address for read back of that particular partition. Am I right, plz reply otherwise I can brick my device. I will only proceed after your assurance.

exactly, for each partition you wish to backup separately, you need the start address and length for the partition
an easier approach if you have scatter file for your device will be to edit the option.ini file within sp flash tool's folder then change the value for readback section to as seen below
Code:

[ReadBack]
ShowByScatter=true

save and launch sp flash tool, select the scatter for your device then click readback tab. sp flash tool will automatically list all partitions
all you'll need to do is tick the partition you wish to backup then click readback

the least brick you can get while doing a readback will be the phone getting stuck in flash mode, easily fixable by charging the battery till charging sign shows up OR you disconnect / reconnect the battery

if you have any other problems, then create a new thread for the problem by clicking "Ask Question" at the top
This post was last modified: 02-01-2020, 09:36 AM by X3non.
tdjzqcars
tdjzqcars
tdjzqcars
31-01-2020, 11:55 AM
Hi there everybody
I performed it up on a nvram corrupted ulefone armor X3.
Time before i updated the firmware and unfortunately i formatted everything before the flash.
I lost imei, S\N, google key, auth file and who knows whatelse.
I fixed the imei and S\N by SN write tool only, so face unlock does not work, gps works but not well
because of the auth file and google key.
Could not do worse i backed it up, all except user, cache and system partition.
It worked but a lot of partition are without extention, and i i want to flash them i need to know this.
Bin or img or what else. Then as you say, in my case ( no nvram backup ) i also need Baseband files, auth file, 
google key file, how to  handle this ?
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
31-01-2020, 09:15 PM
(31-01-2020, 11:55 AM)tdjzqcars Hi there everybody
I performed it up on a nvram corrupted ulefone armor X3.
Time before i updated the firmware and unfortunately i formatted everything before the flash.
I lost imei, S\N, google key, auth file and who knows whatelse.
I fixed the imei and S\N by SN write tool only, so face unlock does not work, gps works but not well
because of the auth file and google key.
Could not do worse i backed it up, all except user, cache and system partition.
It worked but a lot of partition are without extention, and i i want to flash them i need to know this.
Bin or img or what else. Then as you say, in my case ( no nvram backup ) i also need Baseband files, auth file, 
google key file, how to  handle this ?

create a new thread for your device issue by clicking "Ask question" at the top
This post was last modified: 31-01-2020, 09:44 PM by X3non.
preferrom
preferrom
preferrom
15-02-2020, 08:21 PM

hello.  i was following this tutorial (thank you for it by the way) but i get stuck on step 17 because all i see in SP flash tool is DRAM flip test.  so i proceed to follow the instructions here:  "then get the length needed to make a full ROM dump using the guide @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-22701.html"  it is so confusing because that sends me to another turotial here https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-526.html to get the Use the scatter file to perform an SP Flash tool readback of Region EMMC_USER with the values below but that tutorial is using MTK Droid tools and at the top of the tutorial it tells ME NOT TO USE MTK DROID TOOLS and it so confusing.  how do i get past step 17?  using the tools on this thread?  btw i am trying to backup a custom GSI on a magisk ROOTED and i have the stock scatter file:
Hardware : MT6761V/WE
Model : KINGKONG_MINI
Build number : CUBOT_KINGKONG_MINI_9101C_V06_20191121
Build date UTC : 20191121-130020
Android  v : 9
Baseband v: MOLY.LR12A.R3.MP.V75.5.P2,MOLY.LR12A.R3.MP.V75.5.P2
Kernel v : 4.9.117+ (feserver@v121-T7910O) (gcc version 4.9.x 20150123 (prerelease) (GCC) ) #2 SMP  Thu Nov 21 21:24:23 CST 2019
This post was last modified: 15-02-2020, 08:32 PM by preferrom.
Pages (22): Previous 110 11 12 13 1422 Next