Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [SOLVED] Infinix Note 6 - unable to do anything with SP Flash Tool
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[SOLVED] Infinix Note 6 - unable to do anything with SP Flash Tool

[SOLVED] Infinix Note 6 - unable to do anything with SP Flash Tool

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
AndyYan
AndyYan
AndyYan
22-02-2020, 02:12 PM

Long story short, this is my first MediaTek device, and I run into trouble almost instantly...
Background: flashed a recovery image ported by Hovatek's MTK porter, phone wouldn't start anymore, and doesn't respond to recovery/fastboot key combos either, so I'm trying to flash the stock recovery via SPFT.
Issue: STATUS_BROM_CMD_STARTCMD_FAIL (0xC0060001)
What I've tried:
  • Various SPFT versions
  • Run as admin and compatibility mode
  • Plug in device after initiating download
  • Various key combos while plugging in
  • Different USB ports
  • Various DA loader files, including one from a thread on this forum
I suspect that if I could properly power off the device, it might respond to fastboot key combo again, allowing me to flash from there; however, this device has a builtin battery and I don't have the tools to disassemble it at the moment.
I tried Miracle Box just in case, and it also doesn't proceed with flashing (likely same underlying error).
Ugh, I didn't know that MTK could be even worse than Spreadtrum. Any tips?
This post was last modified: 25-02-2020, 06:06 AM by AndyYan.
bayaman18
bayaman18
bayaman18
22-02-2020, 03:41 PM
Open device manager and plug it the phone what kind of driver is it display.. ? Is it mtk preloader or vcom driver if it is vcom driver that's why you got trouble long press power button while the phone still connected to the computer when you see driver sign out or the device manager refresh release the button and try again one more to flash the phone

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
22-02-2020, 03:45 PM
(22-02-2020, 02:12 PM)AndyYan Long story short, this is my first MediaTek device, and I run into trouble almost instantly...
Background: flashed a recovery image ported by Hovatek's MTK porter, phone wouldn't start anymore,
Issue: STATUS_BROM_CMD_STARTCMD_FAIL (0xC0060001)
What I've tried:
  • Various SPFT versions
  • Run as admin and compatibility mode
  • Plug in device after initiating download
  • Various key combos while plugging in
  • Different USB ports
  • Various DA loader files, including one from a thread on this forum
I suspect that if I could properly power off the device, it might respond to fastboot key combo again, allowing me to flash from there; however, this device has a builtin battery and I don't have the tools to disassemble it at the moment.
I tried Miracle Box just in case, and it also doesn't proceed with flashing (likely same underlying error).
Ugh, I didn't know that MTK could be even worse than Spreadtrum. Any tips?

if the first custom recovery flashing attempt failed, there's nothing wrong with the device except it's stuck in flash/preloader mode. refer to https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-808.html
you can try the vol button tricks on that page to get your device to power on
I won't say mtk is worse than spreadtrum, you could encounter this same issue and worse on spd too. most devices now come with inbuilt batteries
AndyYan
AndyYan
AndyYan
23-02-2020, 01:31 AM
(22-02-2020, 03:41 PM)bayaman18 Open device manager and plug it the phone what kind of driver is it display.. ?
Forgot to mention, it's showing up as MediaTek Preloader USB VCOM (not DA), and additionally MediaTek USB Port after I initiate the download.
AndyYan
AndyYan
AndyYan
23-02-2020, 01:36 AM

(22-02-2020, 03:45 PM)X3non if the first custom recovery flashing attempt failed, there's nothing wrong with the device except it's stuck in flash/preloader mode. refer to https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-808.html
you can try the vol button tricks on that page to get your device to power on
I won't say mtk is worse than spreadtrum, you could encounter this same issue and worse on spd too. most devices now come with inbuilt batteries
Key combos don't do anything. I've yet to leave it charging for long enough so I'll do that for now, but the device was fully charged before the failed flashing attempt so I don't expect it to work.
At least ResearchDownload "just works"...
This post was last modified: 23-02-2020, 01:37 AM by AndyYan.
bayaman18
bayaman18
bayaman18
23-02-2020, 04:23 AM
(23-02-2020, 01:31 AM)AndyYan
(22-02-2020, 03:41 PM)bayaman18 Open device manager and plug it the phone what kind of driver is it display.. ?
Forgot to mention, it's showing up as MediaTek Preloader USB VCOM (not DA), and additionally MediaTek USB Port after I initiate the download.
If it show you vcom drive the phone is locked in boot mode you have to get out it from there by long pressing power button if it is not work you have to wait until the phone lose battery charge

AndyYan
AndyYan
AndyYan
24-02-2020, 02:07 AM
(23-02-2020, 04:23 AM)bayaman18 If it show you vcom drive the phone is locked in boot mode you have to get out it from there by long pressing power button if it is not work you have to wait until the phone lose battery charge

So cutting power one way or another. I guess I'll just buy a pentalobe screwdriver.

But even if that would get me back into fastboot and allow me to recover from there, given what happened earlier, it seems I can't trust fastboot anymore - most devices would still allow booting to it as long as the bootloader itself is intact, but this device locks me out of it just because of a broken recovery image. I'd have to rely on SPFT again sooner or later, so I'd appreciate help on getting that working properly as well.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
24-02-2020, 09:09 AM
(23-02-2020, 01:36 AM)AndyYan Key combos don't do anything. I've yet to leave it charging for long enough so I'll do that for now, but the device was fully charged before the failed flashing attempt so I don't expect it to work.
At least ResearchDownload "just works"...

randomly try holding either of the two volume buttons before you connect the charger (ensure to use an A.C wall socket charger)
AndyYan
AndyYan
AndyYan
24-02-2020, 11:42 AM
(24-02-2020, 09:09 AM)X3non randomly try holding either of the two volume buttons before you connect the charger (ensure to use an A.C wall socket charger)
All 7 possible combos with the 3 keys have been tried to no avail. I'm just waiting for the screwdriver to arrive now.
As replied to the other user, maybe help me get SPFT working in the meantime?
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
24-02-2020, 07:01 PM

(24-02-2020, 11:42 AM)AndyYan All 7 possible combos with the 3 keys have been tried to no avail. I'm just waiting for the screwdriver to arrive now.
As replied to the other user, maybe help me get SPFT working in the meantime?

you don't need to flash your device seeing as you never got to flash anything successfully so there's nothing wrong with the current OS. when it eventually powers on, you can use fastboot to flash items such as custom recovery e.t.c
Pages (2): 1 2 Next