Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Phone tries to reboot when I connect phone in download mode instead of flashing.
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Phone tries to reboot when I connect phone in download mode instead of flashing.

Phone tries to reboot when I connect phone in download mode instead of flashing.

longjohn
longjohn
longjohn
Enthusiastic Member
10-03-2020, 09:03 AM

Blackview BV6100.

I experienced another serious crash this morning. At first the phone kept booting to recovery, then when I attempt to reflash with SP Flash Tools, the phone doesn't stay off/download mode, it keeps trying to boot the phone when I plug the cable in.

Kind regards,
John.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
10-03-2020, 10:33 AM
(10-03-2020, 09:03 AM)longjohn Blackview BV6100.

I experienced another serious crash this morning. At first the phone kept booting to recovery, then when I attempt to reflash with SP Flash Tools, the phone doesn't stay off/download mode, it keeps trying to boot the phone when I plug the cable in.

Kind regards,
John.

when you flashed this phone the first time, did you use a custom DA or hold any buttons on the phone before connecting it to the pc?
longjohn
longjohn
longjohn
Enthusiastic Member
10-03-2020, 10:45 AM
(10-03-2020, 10:33 AM)X3non

Kind regards,
John.

when you flashed this phone the first time, did you use a custom DA or hold any buttons on the phone before connecting it to the pc?
Thanks for the quick reply.

I managed to flash it on another computer with stock rom and scatter. But noiw the modem is broken again, and I'm having trouble getting SN Writer to flash to the phone. I'm beginning to think it's a seriously unstable phone.firmware.
longjohn
longjohn
longjohn
Enthusiastic Member
10-03-2020, 11:01 AM
(10-03-2020, 10:45 AM)longjohn
(10-03-2020, 10:33 AM)X3non

Kind regards,
John.

Thanks for the quick reply.

I managed to flash it on another computer with stock rom and scatter. But noiw the modem is broken again, and I'm having trouble getting SN Writer to flash to the phone. I'm beginning to think it's a seriously unstable phone.firmware.
Got there in the end thanks. It's damned frustrating though.