Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] Gionee F100 won't boot after using SP Flash Tool
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

[Please help] Gionee F100 won't boot after using SP Flash Tool

[Please help] Gionee F100 won't boot after using SP Flash Tool

Pages (3): 1 2 3 Next
Detective_Khalifah
Detective_Khalifah
Detective_Khalifah
05-04-2020, 01:43 AM

I was trying to install Google Apps to gain the functionality of Google on my phone. I tried Google Installer apk and it didn't work (persistent Google Services Framework has stopped and Google Play Services has stopped messages wouldn't allow me to even tap & hold while using the device); I tried using only Google Play Store and Services, but that didn't work either. Figured out my solution was probably in root privileges.

I made a full ROM dump before anything as a usual precaution. After that, I the TWRP & Philz custom recovery porters by Hovatek and was able to flash the recovery made by tool version 1.4 (DM Verity not found, so I didn't have to patch boot.img); it booted TWRP, but I wasn't able to access either internal or external storage and therefore, couldn't flash Magisk or OpenGapps zip archives (I could only see "Internal Storage (5MB)". Workarounds that involved converting filesystem to FAT/EXT2/... and back to EXT4 or wiping of partitions did not aid me. Nevertheless, I could still boot, and sometimes, rebooting into recovery only proved that TWRP was gone and I was back to the Stock Recovery.

I searched for methods to flash zip without a custom recovery and I got some hits.
My next course of action was to patch boot.img using Magisk and flash it, so I could gain root and use some tools to flash OpenGApps. I gained admin privileges, at last; I tried Flashify, Rashr, TWRP Manager, FlashGordon & EX Kernel Manager. All failed at flashing OpenGApps unto the phone.
After unsuccessful attempts with mentioned apps, I followed two articles which showed ways to install GApps (Google Apps) without having to flash it; I downloaded the apps, installed them and moved the app files (using ES File Explorer with root access) to directories/folders where they can become system apps. That went well, except, I was still getting the persistent pop-ups on Google Services Framework & Google Play Services.

I decided to work a little more with TWRP. I opened the patch folder of TWRP recovery porter on my computer and put the OpenGApps file into /data, and then used SP Flash Tool to flash the (large) recovery file. After this, I couldn't boot; no vibrations when power key is pressed, no signs of phone being recharged when plugged in to wall outlet. Only sign of life I was getting is the sound phone kept making when plugged to PC, like it was getting plugged in and out at short intervals.
At this moment, I flashed the ROM backup I had made at the beginning and still couldn't boot phone. I left it to recharge at the suggestion I got from your video tutorials on Wwr_MTK + SP Flash Tool backup; after 4 hours, I still cannot boot.
I checked some of the pages on Hovatek Forum regarding dead Gionee/MTK phones, but still cannot boot. 

I have compared my build number (gotten from Wwr_MTK) with [Downloads] Gionee Stock ROMs / Firmware / Flash Files and have ascertained there isn't a match.

This adventure is a few hours short of 48 hours, and I will update the post with more content where I can, as soon as possible. I posted here quickly to get a solution as quick as I can, so I can use the phone. I hope to get this issue solved as soon as possible. Your usual kind assistance/aid/suggestion/help will be appreciated. Thank you.
This post was last modified: 06-04-2020, 02:09 AM by Detective_Khalifah. Edit Reason: I wanted to be able to use Google Play Store on the phone.
Detective_Khalifah
Detective_Khalifah
Detective_Khalifah
05-04-2020, 01:48 PM
I have charged for about six hours. I can still hear sounds when plugged to PC and thought it was wise to flash preloader, boot, recovery, logo, and system images. Still can't boot.
Please, help me revive it.

Phone is a Gionee F100 with details;
CPU Arch.:MTK6735
Build Number: GBL7358A01_B_T3070
This post was last modified: 06-04-2020, 02:36 AM by Detective_Khalifah.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
06-04-2020, 10:06 AM
(05-04-2020, 01:43 AM)Detective_Khalifah ...
After unsuccessful attempts with mentioned apps, I followed two articles which showed ways to install GApps (Google Apps) without having to flash it; I downloaded the apps, installed them and moved the app files (using ES File Explorer with root access) to directories/folders where they can become system apps. That went well, except, I was still getting the persistent pop-ups on Google Services Framework & Google Play Services...

you didn't set the right permissions to the files you moved to system partition

(05-04-2020, 01:43 AM)Detective_Khalifah ...I decided to work a little more with TWRP. I opened the patch folder of TWRP recovery porter on my computer and put the OpenGApps file into /data, and then used SP Flash Tool to flash the (large) recovery file. After this, I couldn't boot; no vibrations when power key is pressed, no signs of phone being recharged when plugged in to wall outlet. Only sign of life I was getting is the sound phone kept making when plugged to PC, like it was getting plugged in and out at short intervals.
At this moment, I flashed the ROM backup I had made at the beginning and still couldn't boot phone. I left it to recharge at the suggestion I got from your video tutorials on Wwr_MTK + SP Flash Tool backup; after 4 hours, I still cannot boot.
I checked some of the pages on Hovatek Forum regarding dead Gionee/MTK phones, but still cannot boot. 

where you able to successfully flash your full backup without any errors? if yes, have you tried removing / reinserting the battery?
how was this backup made, using wwr?
This post was last modified: 06-04-2020, 10:06 AM by X3non.
Detective_Khalifah
Detective_Khalifah
Detective_Khalifah
06-04-2020, 11:32 AM
(06-04-2020, 10:06 AM)X3non
(05-04-2020, 01:43 AM)Detective_Khalifah ...
After unsuccessful attempts with mentioned apps, I followed two articles which showed ways to install GApps (Google Apps) without having to flash it; I downloaded the apps, installed them and moved the app files (using ES File Explorer with root access) to directories/folders where they can become system apps. That went well, except, I was still getting the persistent pop-ups on Google Services Framework & Google Play Services...

you didn't set the right permissions to the files you moved to system partition

(06-04-2020, 10:06 AM)X3non where you able to successfully flash your full backup without any errors? if yes, have you tried removing / reinserting the battery?
how was this backup made, using wwr?

I set rwx (read, write, execute) permissions on /system after moving the files. Not individually, though.
There weren't errors while flashing. Backup was made in Wwr_MTK + SP Flash Tool method.
This post was last modified: 06-04-2020, 11:34 AM by Detective_Khalifah.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
06-04-2020, 05:06 PM

(06-04-2020, 11:32 AM)Detective_Khalifah I set rwx (read, write, execute) permissions on /system after moving the files. Not individually, though.
There weren't errors while flashing. Backup was made in Wwr_MTK + SP Flash Tool method.

it should be set to the files & folders you copied to system not to /system itself
for folders, chmod 755
for files, chmod 644

so it's likely your device is stuck in flash mode, have you tried disconnecting / reconnecting the battery?
This post was last modified: 06-04-2020, 05:08 PM by X3non.
Detective_Khalifah
Detective_Khalifah
Detective_Khalifah
06-04-2020, 05:45 PM
(06-04-2020, 05:06 PM)X3non
(06-04-2020, 11:32 AM)Detective_Khalifah I set rwx (read, write, execute) permissions on /system after moving the files. Not individually, though.

it should be set to the files & folders you copied to system not to /system itself
for folders, chmod 755
for files, chmod 644

so it's likely your device is stuck in flash mode, have you tried disconnecting / reconnecting the battery?

I was able to use it after that modification. I don't think apps are the issue, because I had rebooted numerous times afterwards and there wasn't trouble.
I got problem after flashing improperly-made recovery.
Yes. I reconnected battery and tried starting. Nothing happened even after connecting charger.
Detective_Khalifah
Detective_Khalifah
Detective_Khalifah
07-04-2020, 12:06 PM
What can I do?
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
07-04-2020, 12:15 PM
(06-04-2020, 05:45 PM)Detective_Khalifah I was able to use it after that modification. I don't think apps are the issue, because I had rebooted numerous times afterwards and there wasn't trouble.
Yes. I reconnected battery and tried starting. Nothing happened even after connecting charger.

don't really understand the first two statements
no charging sign? nothing? if yes then maybe something is wrong with your backup (attach a full screenshot of the contents of the backup) and if possible zip and upload only the preloader.bin

while at it, you could try flashing any of the GBL7358A01_B_T30** f100 firmwares @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-389.html
maybe one might just work for your device
Detective_Khalifah
Detective_Khalifah
Detective_Khalifah
07-04-2020, 12:45 PM
(07-04-2020, 12:15 PM)X3non
(06-04-2020, 05:45 PM)Detective_Khalifah I was able to use it after that modification. I don't think apps are the issue, because I had rebooted numerous times afterwards and there wasn't trouble.

don't really understand the first two statements
no charging sign? nothing? if yes then maybe something is wrong with your backup (attach a full screenshot of the contents of the backup) and if possible zip and upload only the preloader.bin

while at it, you could try flashing any of the GBL7358A01_B_T30** f100 firmwares @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-389.html
maybe one might just work for your device

I meant after moving Google apps' files to /system, I was still able to use the phone even after rebooting it several times.

Yes. No charging sign, nothing. I'll upload the screenshot later, including zipped preloader.bin
Would it be safe to flash those firmware?
This post was last modified: 07-04-2020, 04:23 PM by Detective_Khalifah.
Detective_Khalifah
Detective_Khalifah
Detective_Khalifah
07-04-2020, 01:27 PM

(07-04-2020, 12:45 PM)Detective_Khalifah Yes. No charging sign, nothing. I'll upload the screenshot later, including zipped preloader.bin
Would it be safe to flash those firmware?
Here:
The screenshot of ROM backup directory: 
.png
done - ROM.png
Size: 61.5 KB / Downloads: 7

Preloader BIN file: 
.zip
preloader_gionee6735_65c_l1.zip
Size: 77.84 KB / Downloads: 4
Pages (3): 1 2 3 Next