Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android No Name Mate 39 recovery help? MT6580 3.10.72
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

No Name Mate 39 recovery help? MT6580 3.10.72

No Name Mate 39 recovery help? MT6580 3.10.72

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
Bitsurah
Bitsurah
Bitsurah
Enthusiastic Member
07-04-2020, 10:49 PM

So I recently bought this no name phone and obviously I wanted to root it. And well I obviously bricked it. I tried flashing some recovery I found online that looked compatible with the phone. Didn't backup anything cuz I thought it would be harmless. But yeah. The phone doesn't even boot anymore. Not to the system nor to the recovery. I can get it to fastboot though. I'm pretty sure the recovery is the only problem here. All other system files were left untouched. I only have this old log file from MTK Droid Tool. For some reason it registered two different devices. But yeah mine is the Mate 39. I attached it on the thread. Can anyone help me on my quest to unbrick the worthless thing? I'd be eternally grateful 
Here's the recovery I used to brick the phone:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1kK46Ff...5Ahmdw-tYS

Here are the most important info that you can also see in the log file:
Build Number: l700_lyx_k3_welcome_q_540x1200_128a16_en_yl_v11
Processor: MT6580
Andorid ver.: 10.0 (I have a really hard time believing that but that's what the phone and the log say)
Model: Mate 39
Kernel: 3.10.72
This post was last modified: 14-04-2020, 04:28 PM by Bitsurah.
Attached Files
.txt
log.txt
Size: 65.54 KB / Downloads: 5
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
08-04-2020, 10:08 AM
(07-04-2020, 10:49 PM)Bitsurah So I recently bought this no name phone and obviously I wanted to root it. And well I obviously bricked it. I tried flashing some recovery I found online that looked compatible with the phone...

here is what you can try (no guarantees though)
first backup the current firmware from the phone ; use the guide @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-13347.html
once backup is complete, copy and rename your boot.bin to recovery.img
port twrp using the tool @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21839.html then flash the twrp onto your device then confirm if it can boot to recovery and system
Bitsurah
Bitsurah
Bitsurah
Enthusiastic Member
08-04-2020, 07:17 PM
(08-04-2020, 10:08 AM)X3non
(07-04-2020, 10:49 PM)Bitsurah So I recently bought this no name phone and obviously I wanted to root it. And well I obviously bricked it. I tried flashing some recovery I found online that looked compatible with the phone...

here is what you can try (no guarantees though)
first backup the current firmware from the phone ; use the guide @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-13347.html
once backup is complete, copy and rename your boot.bin to recovery.img
port twrp using the tool @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21839.html then flash the twrp onto your device then confirm if it can boot to recovery and system
Okay wow. I haven't unbricked it yet but I see progress here. I've worked a lot on it and through your idea I got the phone to go from a normal bootloop to a twrp bootloop. So yeah. I finally installed the right twrp it seems. But now it just keeps bootlooping the TWRP-Logo. Turns out the OS is based off of android lollipop. What a ripoff. Any idea how I can get TWRP to work at least? I still can't boot into the phone yet. I used version 1.4 and picked lollipop like I said. I also tried using the philz recovery porter v1.5 in which case I got an endless boot logo. I also tried using fastboot to wipe the userdata partition but the phone doesn't recognize the command. Any ideas? Trash can?
This post was last modified: 09-04-2020, 01:20 AM by Bitsurah.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
09-04-2020, 09:47 AM
(08-04-2020, 07:17 PM)Bitsurah Okay wow. I haven't unbricked it yet but I see progress here. I've worked a lot on it and through your idea I got the phone to go from a normal bootloop to a twrp bootloop. So yeah. I finally installed the right twrp it seems. But now it just keeps bootlooping the TWRP-Logo. Turns out the OS is based off of android lollipop. What a ripoff. Any idea how I can get TWRP to work at least? I still can't boot into the phone yet. I used version 1.4 and picked lollipop like I said. I also tried using the philz recovery porter v1.5 in which case I got an endless boot logo. I also tried using fastboot to wipe the userdata partition but the phone doesn't recognize the command. Any ideas? Trash can?

the kernel version is the red flag that the device is android 5 not 10
try twrp from v1.0 of the twrp porting tool @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21839.html ; that's a different version that might work
Bitsurah
Bitsurah
Bitsurah
Enthusiastic Member
09-04-2020, 12:40 PM

(09-04-2020, 09:47 AM)X3non
(08-04-2020, 07:17 PM)Bitsurah Okay wow. I haven't unbricked it yet but I see progress here. I've worked a lot on it and through your idea I got the phone to go from a normal bootloop to a twrp bootloop. So yeah. I finally installed the right twrp it seems. But now it just keeps bootlooping the TWRP-Logo. Turns out the OS is based off of android lollipop. What a ripoff. Any idea how I can get TWRP to work at least? I still can't boot into the phone yet. I used version 1.4 and picked lollipop like I said. I also tried using the philz recovery porter v1.5 in which case I got an endless boot logo. I also tried using fastboot to wipe the userdata partition but the phone doesn't recognize the command. Any ideas? Trash can?

the kernel version is the red flag that the device is android 5 not 10
try twrp from v1.0 of the twrp porting tool @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21839.html ; that's a different version that might work
Really close. I tried versions 1.2 and 1.0. Both work.Also tried Spreadtrum which worked the best and I can boot into twrp with it. But well...I think I need to format the data partition somehow to finally boot into the system but twrp can't mount any partitions. Not even cache. It can't even see that they're present so no repairing either. And like I said I can't format it using fastboot. I can only boot into twrp and system is still on bootloop. Any way out of this?
This post was last modified: 09-04-2020, 01:11 PM by Bitsurah.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
09-04-2020, 07:09 PM
(09-04-2020, 12:40 PM)Bitsurah Really close. I tried versions 1.2 and 1.0. Both work.Also tried Spreadtrum which worked the best and I can boot into twrp with it. But well...I think I need to format the data partition somehow to finally boot into the system but twrp can't mount any partitions. Not even cache. It can't even see that they're present so no repairing either. And like I said I can't format it using fastboot. I can only boot into twrp and system is still on bootloop. Any way out of this?

your problem might be way more than factory resetting /data partition, but try this

extract both your stock recovery and the ported twrp into different folders
copy the correct mount points values from stock\ramdisk\etc\recovery.fstab (you can edit the fstab file using any text editor)
copy the correct mount point values to twrp\ramdisk\etc\recovery.fstab
repack the twrp > flash and confirm that the mount problems is fixed. if it is then you can try factory reset

for unpacking / repacking both recoveries, use AIK @ https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthr...?t=2073775
for unpacking, drag and drop the recovery file to unpackimg.bat
for repacking, run the repackimg.bat
Bitsurah
Bitsurah
Bitsurah
Enthusiastic Member
09-04-2020, 07:47 PM
(09-04-2020, 07:09 PM)X3non
(09-04-2020, 12:40 PM)Bitsurah Really close. I tried versions 1.2 and 1.0. Both work.Also tried Spreadtrum which worked the best and I can boot into twrp with it. But well...I think I need to format the data partition somehow to finally boot into the system but twrp can't mount any partitions. Not even cache. It can't even see that they're present so no repairing either. And like I said I can't format it using fastboot. I can only boot into twrp and system is still on bootloop. Any way out of this?

your problem might be way more than factory resetting /data partition, but try this

extract both your stock recovery and the ported twrp into different folders
copy the correct mount points values from stock\ramdisk\etc\recovery.fstab (you can edit the fstab file using any text editor)
copy the correct mount point values to twrp\ramdisk\etc\recovery.fstab
repack the twrp > flash and confirm that the mount problems is fixed. if it is then you can try factory reset

for unpacking / repacking both recoveries, use AIK @ https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthr...?t=2073775
for unpacking, drag and drop the recovery file to unpackimg.bat
for repacking, run the repackimg.bat
Well just one problem. The boot.bin I renamed to recovery.img IS my stock recovery. And boot.bin doesn't even have the etc folder. I renamed the recovery.fstab from the ported TWRP to recovery.txt and attached it to this reply if you wanna take a look. And btw thank you so much for taking the time and helping. It's very kind of you. Lemme know if you have any ideas on how to proceed.
Attached Files
.txt
recovery.txt
Size: 2.61 KB / Downloads: 4
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
10-04-2020, 09:42 AM
(09-04-2020, 07:47 PM)Bitsurah Well just one problem. The boot.bin I renamed to recovery.img IS my stock recovery. And boot.bin doesn't even have the etc folder. I renamed the recovery.fstab from the ported TWRP to recovery.txt and attached it to this reply if you wanna take a look. And btw thank you so much for taking the time and helping. It's very kind of you. Lemme know if you have any ideas on how to proceed.

oh yes, i remember now you didn't use recovery.img and boot doesnt have all files same as recovery does
what you current have is mount points for spd devices, you can try this mount points below in your fstab (copy and paste it)
Code:

#Ported using Team Hovatek's Mediatek Auto TWRP porter
#device         mount point      fstype        [device2] [length=]

/boot            emmc    /dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/boot        flags=display="Boot";backup=1
/logo            emmc    /dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/logo        flags=display="Logo";backup=1;flashimg=1
/nvram            emmc    /dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/nvram        flags=display="Nvram";backup=1;flashimg=1
/nvdata            ext4    /dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/nvdata        flags=display="NvData";backup=1;flashimg=1
/recovery        emmc    /dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/recovery        flags=display="Recovery";backup=1
/lk                emmc    /dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/lk        flags=display="Uboot"
/proinfo        emmc    /dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/proinfo        flags=display="Proinfo";backup=1;flashimg=1
/protect_f        ext4    /dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/protect1        flags=display="Protect1"
/protect_s        ext4    /dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/protect2        flags=display="Protect2"
/para            emmc    /dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/para        flags=display="Parametr"
/secro            emmc    /dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/secro        flags=display="Secro";backup=1
/frp            emmc    /dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/frp        flags=display="Frp";backup=1
/metadata        emmc    /dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/metadata
/oemkeystore    emmc    /dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/oemkeystore
/system            ext4    /dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/system        flags=display="System";backup=1;wipeingui
/cache            ext4    /dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/cache        flags=display="Cache"
/data            ext4    /dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/userdata        flags=forceencrypt=/dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/metadata
/external_sd    auto    /dev/block/mmcblk1p1    /dev/block/mmcblk1        flags=display="External SDcard";storage;wipeingui;removable;backup=0
/usbotg            auto    /dev/block/sda1        /dev/block/sda            flags=display="Usb-Otg";storage;removable;backup=0
Bitsurah
Bitsurah
Bitsurah
Enthusiastic Member
10-04-2020, 03:42 PM
(10-04-2020, 09:42 AM)X3non
(09-04-2020, 07:47 PM)Bitsurah Well just one problem. The boot.bin I renamed to recovery.img IS my stock recovery. And boot.bin doesn't even have the etc folder. I renamed the recovery.fstab from the ported TWRP to recovery.txt and attached it to this reply if you wanna take a look. And btw thank you so much for taking the time and helping. It's very kind of you. Lemme know if you have any ideas on how to proceed.

oh yes, i remember now you didn't use recovery.img and boot doesnt have all files same as recovery does
what you current have is mount points for spd devices, you can try this mount points below in your fstab (copy and paste it)
Code:

#Ported using Team Hovatek's Mediatek Auto TWRP porter
#device        mount point      fstype        [device2] [length=]

/boot emmc /dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/boot flags=display="Boot";backup=1
/logo emmc /dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/logo flags=display="Logo";backup=1;flashimg=1
/nvram emmc /dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/nvram flags=display="Nvram";backup=1;flashimg=1
/nvdata ext4 /dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/nvdata flags=display="NvData";backup=1;flashimg=1
/recovery emmc /dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/recovery flags=display="Recovery";backup=1
/lk emmc /dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/lk flags=display="Uboot"
/proinfo emmc /dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/proinfo flags=display="Proinfo";backup=1;flashimg=1
/protect_f ext4 /dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/protect1 flags=display="Protect1"
/protect_s ext4 /dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/protect2 flags=display="Protect2"
/para emmc /dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/para flags=display="Parametr"
/secro emmc /dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/secro flags=display="Secro";backup=1
/frp emmc /dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/frp flags=display="Frp";backup=1
/metadata emmc /dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/metadata
/oemkeystore emmc /dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/oemkeystore
/system ext4 /dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/system flags=display="System";backup=1;wipeingui
/cache ext4 /dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/cache flags=display="Cache"
/data ext4 /dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/userdata flags=forceencrypt=/dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/metadata
/external_sd auto /dev/block/mmcblk1p1 /dev/block/mmcblk1 flags=display="External SDcard";storage;wipeingui;removable;backup=0
/usbotg auto    /dev/block/sda1 /dev/block/sda flags=display="Usb-Otg";storage;removable;backup=0
Yeah I replaced all the mount points and all the directories with the correct ones and now I have an unable to find crypto footer error. I can't get into the recovery anymore. It can't mount the data partition. And it just keeps rebooting into twrp, twrp runs the openrecoveryscript, fails because it can't mount the data, reboots again and again. I'm pretty sure if I could format the data partition I could break the encryption and get in but the fastboot command doesn't work. I tried unpacking the system.bin that I made a backup of but I can't. Not sure if it's corrupted or if AIK just doesn't work with it. Any ideas?
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
11-04-2020, 09:32 AM

(10-04-2020, 03:42 PM)Bitsurah Yeah I replaced all the mount points and all the directories with the correct ones and now I have an unable to find crypto footer error. I can't get into the recovery anymore. It can't mount the data partition. And it just keeps rebooting into twrp, twrp runs the openrecoveryscript, fails because it can't mount the data, reboots again and again. I'm pretty sure if I could format the data partition I could break the encryption and get in but the fastboot command doesn't work. I tried unpacking the system.bin that I made a backup of but I can't. Not sure if it's corrupted or if AIK just doesn't work with it. Any ideas?

report twrp using the mtk porting tool
Pages (2): 1 2 Next