Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Tecno camon 15 not booting, not booting into recovery
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Tecno camon 15 not booting, not booting into recovery

Tecno camon 15 not booting, not booting into recovery

Pages (5): 1 2 3 4 5 Next
angello01
angello01
angello01
12-06-2020, 12:23 AM

hello guys, i have Tecno Camon 15, at first i unlocked the bootloader using ADB command method and then i flashed magisk_patched. image to acquire boot, but my phone boot looped and didn't boot up..... i downloaded Camon 15 stock rom and flashed with SWD Aftersale tool and my phone booted normally, but because i am that type of guy who never gets comfortable without rooting a device, i flashed magisk again and my phone gave me a red state error like this,
'red state
your device has failed verification and may not work properly.
please download boot image with correct signature or disable verified boot
your device will reboot in 5 seconds.'

it keeps on rebooting and showing that error. i tried to flash stock rom again with SWD aftersale tool but it keeps on giving me this error
'Download Failed! STATUS_SEC_IMG_TYPE_MISMATCH[0.00/0'
I tried to flash with SP flashtool and it give me this error
'ERROR: STATUS_BROM_CMD_SEND_DA_FAIL (0xC0060003)
I must say i have never seen a thing like this before, i have searched how to fix Sp flash tool errors and have tried all the suggested fix methods but to no avail. Now my phone doesn't boot into recover not even fastboot.... please can someone tell me what to do please.
Attached Files
.jpg
IMG_20200611_234005207.jpg
Size: 749.93 KB / Downloads: 89
angello01
angello01
angello01
12-06-2020, 12:29 AM
(12-06-2020, 12:23 AM)angello01 hello guys, i have Tecno Camon 15, at first i unlocked the bootloader using ADB command method and then i flashed magisk_patched. image to acquire boot, but my phone boot looped and didn't boot up..... i downloaded Camon 15 stock rom and flashed with SWD Aftersale tool and my phone booted normally, but because i am that type of guy who never gets comfortable without rooting a device, i flashed magisk again and my phone gave me a red state error like this,
'red state

it keeps on rebooting and showing that error. i tried to flash stock rom again with SWD aftersale tool but it keeps on giving me this error
I must say i have never seen a thing like this before, i have searched how to fix Sp flash tool errors and have tried all the suggested fix methods but to no avail. Now my phone doesn't boot into recover not even fastboot.... please can someone tell me what to do please.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
12-06-2020, 11:25 AM
(12-06-2020, 12:23 AM)angello01 hello guys, i have Tecno Camon 15, at first i unlocked the bootloader using ADB command method and then i flashed magisk_patched. image to acquire boot, but my phone boot looped and didn't boot up..... i downloaded Camon 15 stock rom and flashed with SWD Aftersale tool and my phone booted normally, but because i am that type of guy who never gets comfortable without rooting a device, i flashed magisk again and my phone gave me a red state error like this,
'red state

can you still boot into recovery mode? i.e power off the phone completely then vol up + power button. if yes, then select the option reboot to bootloader then flash back stock boot.img
if you can't , try firmware upgrade option in SWD tool

BTW did you empty vbmeta to disable dm_verity before flashing patched boot?
angello01
angello01
angello01
13-06-2020, 08:26 AM
(12-06-2020, 11:25 AM)X3non
'red state

can you still boot into recovery mode? i.e power off the phone completely then vol up + power button. if yes, then select the option reboot to bootloader then flash back stock boot.img
if you can't , try firmware upgrade option in SWD tool

BTW did you empty vbmeta to disable dm_verity before flashing patched boot?

No I can't boot into recovery, neither can I boot into bootloader, it only gives me that error and keeps on rebooting.

When trying to boot it says please download boot image with correct signature or disable verified boot.

But when I press volume up which is supposed to boot into recovery it says please download recovery image with correct signature or disable verified boot.

When the battery runs down it shows an image signaling me to plug in phone.

No I did not disable Vbmeta.
Attached Files
.jpg
IMG_20200613_072238_080.jpg
Size: 383.32 KB / Downloads: 72
.jpg
IMG_20200613_075219_17.jpg
Size: 377.61 KB / Downloads: 54
.jpg
IMG_20200613_075240_185.jpg
Size: 378.85 KB / Downloads: 47
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
13-06-2020, 12:33 PM

(13-06-2020, 08:26 AM)angello01 No I can't boot into recovery, neither can I boot into bootloader, it only gives me that error and keeps on rebooting.
When trying to boot it says please download boot image with correct signature or disable verified boot.
But when I press volume up which is supposed to boot into recovery it says please download recovery image with correct signature or disable verified boot.
When the battery runs down it shows an image signaling me to plug in phone.

have you tried using firmware upgrade option in SWD tool?

(13-06-2020, 08:26 AM)angello01 No I did not disable Vbmeta.

must be the reason for the red state error
angello01
angello01
angello01
13-06-2020, 01:16 PM
Yes I have used SWD. and it gives me 'download Failed!STATUS_SEC_IMG_TYPE_MISMATCH[0.00/ error.

I have tried every method posted here on hovatek but none worked.

Sent from my TECNO CD7 using Hovatek Mobile
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
14-06-2020, 08:11 AM
(13-06-2020, 01:16 PM)angello01 Yes I have used SWD. and it gives me 'download Failed!STATUS_SEC_IMG_TYPE_MISMATCH[0.00/ error.

1. Which version of SWD did you use?
2. Hope you loaded your phone's DA @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-23243.html in SP flash tool. The goal is to flash only boot.img

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
angello01
angello01
angello01
14-06-2020, 11:11 AM
(14-06-2020, 08:11 AM)hovatek
(13-06-2020, 01:16 PM)angello01
Yes I have used SWD. and it gives me 'download Failed!STATUS_SEC_IMG_TYPE_MISMATCH[0.00/ error.

1. Which version of SWD did you use?
2. Hope you loaded your phone's DA @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-23243.html in SP flash tool. The goal is to flash only boot.img

I used SWD version 4.1901.23.17 and version 4.1808.28.17. yes I have downloaded DA agent and tried to flash boot.img with Sp flash tool but it gives me ERROR STATUS SEC AUTH FILE NEEDED.

angello01
angello01
angello01
14-06-2020, 12:32 PM
I have another Camon 15 working phone that I want to dump and use it's firmware to try and revive the other phone, please tell me the best method to use on this Android 10 device. Thank you.

X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
15-06-2020, 10:16 AM

(14-06-2020, 11:11 AM)angello01 I used SWD version 4.1901.23.17 and version 4.1808.28.17. yes I have downloaded DA agent and tried to flash boot.img with Sp flash tool but it gives me ERROR STATUS SEC AUTH FILE NEEDED.

try using sp flash tool, the DA file for your model and the auth file for tecno f2 lte listed @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-23243.html
tick and attempt to flash only boot.img
Pages (5): 1 2 3 4 5 Next