Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android PHONE WONT CHARGE AFTER FLASHING, ANY SOLUTION?
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

PHONE WONT CHARGE AFTER FLASHING, ANY SOLUTION?

PHONE WONT CHARGE AFTER FLASHING, ANY SOLUTION?

Y83Bricked
Y83Bricked
Y83Bricked
Enthusiastic Member
18-06-2020, 01:11 PM

Hello members,
Device - VIVO Y83 (MT6762) (SecureBOOT)

I tried flashing the device with stock ROM (downgrading from v1.20.5 to 1.17.6), When I tried to start the phone, I see a system exception error on top of the home screen and in the notification bar, searched for a solution, and while I was trying to clear data and cache from vivo service app, the phone shuts down automatically...(At this point, The battery was showing 50% charged)
Now when I try to plug the charger in the phone, it shows the charging icon and then shuts down.. after few minutes (the battery is still 0%) and it keeps on showing the charging icon (when I plug the charger) and shuts down...the device won't charge
HOW CAN I FIX THIS ISSUE ???
This post was last modified: 19-06-2020, 01:10 PM by Y83Bricked.
Y83Bricked
Y83Bricked
Y83Bricked
Enthusiastic Member
19-06-2020, 08:54 AM
(18-06-2020, 01:11 PM)Y83Bricked Hello Members,

I tried flashing the device with stock ROM (downgrading from v1.20.5 to 1.17.6), the device was hard bricked, luckily, I managed to unbrick it and flash the stock rom (older version). When I tried to start the phone, I see a system exception error on top of the home screen and in the notification bar, searched for a solution, and while I was trying to clear data and cache from vivo service app, the phone shuts down automatically...

Now when I try to plug the charger in the phone, it shows the charging icon and then shuts down.. after few minutes (the battery is still 0%) and it keeps on showing the charging icon (when I plug the charger) and shuts down...

the device won't charge and neither it starts...

HOW CAN I FIX THIS ISSUE ???

Is it HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE issue??

I have checked the following things -
Charging Port - Used it in another device and it's was working fine!
Battery - Battery is showing the voltage, which means it's working fine...

So, Shall i assume the problem lies in stock ROM & try to flash it with different rom?
or else, IDK I'm running out of options..
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
19-06-2020, 09:20 AM
I tried flashing the device with stock ROM (downgrading from v1.20.5 to 1.17.6), the device was hard bricked, luckily, I managed to unbrick it and flash the stock rom (older version). When I tried to start the phone, I see a system exception error on top of the home screen and in the notification bar, searched for a solution, and while I was trying to clear data and cache from vivo service app, the phone shuts down automatically...

disconnect / reconnect the battery of the device then retry charging OR try using a different battery
Y83Bricked
Y83Bricked
Y83Bricked
Enthusiastic Member
22-06-2020, 03:18 PM
(19-06-2020, 09:20 AM)X3non

disconnect / reconnect the battery of the device then retry charging OR try using a different battery
It's not working,
I tried disconnecting/reconnecting the battery... (i don't have another battery, but i'm pretty sure the battery is working fine)

1: When i switch ON my device, the battery shows 50% charged but when I plug in the charger it doesn't charge and under the settings section, the battery shows discharging status, ( & phone shuts down automatically after sometime)
2: But when the device is power off, it shows charging notification but the battery won't charge..
3: After 2, when i try to start again... step 1 repeats..
4: All this is happening after i flashed my device (flashing with the old version of stock firmware) & I'm unable to fix it
please help

i have to charge the battery through jumpstart only..
This post was last modified: 23-06-2020, 05:33 AM by Y83Bricked.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
23-06-2020, 09:21 AM

(22-06-2020, 03:18 PM)Y83Bricked
(19-06-2020, 09:20 AM)X3non

It's not working,
I tried disconnecting/reconnecting the battery... (i don't have another battery, but i'm pretty sure the battery is working fine)

1: When i switch ON my device, the battery shows 50% charged but when I plug in the charger it doesn't charge and under the settings section, the battery shows discharging status, ( & phone shuts down automatically after sometime)
2: But when the device is power off, it shows charging notification but the battery won't charge..
3: After 2, when i try to start again... step 1 repeats..
4: All this is happening after i flashed my device (flashing with the old version of stock firmware) & I'm unable to fix it
please help

i have to charge the battery through jumpstart only..

either check the charger you're using or ensure the charging port on the phone is firmly and properly placed, also check the pcb for faulty components
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
25-06-2020, 08:31 AM
(22-06-2020, 03:18 PM)Y83Bricked 4: All this is happening after i flashed my device (flashing with the old version of stock firmware) & I'm unable to fix it
please help

If you're certain of this and are still able to flash then consider a different firmware, especially one that matches your original build

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Y83Bricked
Y83Bricked
Y83Bricked
Enthusiastic Member
02-07-2020, 01:35 PM
(25-06-2020, 08:31 AM)hovatek
(22-06-2020, 03:18 PM)Y83Bricked 4: All this is happening after i flashed my device (flashing with the old version of stock firmware) & I'm unable to fix it
please help

If you're certain of this and are still able to flash then consider a different firmware, especially one that matches your original build
Thank you so much, it worked by flashing a different firmware  Smile