Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android Create TWRP recovery for Samsung Tab A8 SM-T290
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

Create TWRP recovery for Samsung Tab A8 SM-T290

Create TWRP recovery for Samsung Tab A8 SM-T290

Pages (3): 1 2 3 Next
Reick
Reick
Reick
Enthusiastic Member
29-06-2020, 03:01 AM

can help me?! I'm trying to create a port for the A8 T290 tablet, but without success, I've managed to root and even try to modify the recovevy in the hex editor, to flash, but without success.

I didn't get any errors when trying to port, but TWRP doesn't work
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
29-06-2020, 10:18 PM
(29-06-2020, 03:01 AM)Reick can help me?! I'm trying to create a port for the A8 T290 tablet, but without success, I've managed to root and even try to modify the recovevy in the hex editor, to flash, but without success.

I didn't get any errors when trying to port, but TWRP doesn't work

post a link to stock recovery of your current firmware build
just to confirm, how did you root? by patching boot and vbmeta using magisk?
Reick
Reick
Reick
Enthusiastic Member
30-06-2020, 10:00 PM
yes, i have root, i even tried to port a TWRP, but without success, so i'm asking for help.  get this files, i use this to get a root.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YUfz-YA...VaZjj/view
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
03-07-2020, 01:14 AM
(30-06-2020, 10:00 PM)Reick yes, i have root, i even tried to port a TWRP, but without success, so i'm asking for help.  get this files, i use this to get a root.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YUfz-YA...VaZjj/view

from this file you attached, magisk patched recovery.img . just so you are aware, any attempt to flash a custom recovery breaks root

try the two twrps @ https://mega.nz/file/kzglQDLS#ypaoFyQTSA...o2ypDpJN2I and https://mega.nz/file/w7IijIgL#hsvgEVWiIM...u3SvZ9wduw
you'll need to manually hex edit and fill it up with 00s to make it upto 64mb like the original file size just like you did before
Reick
Reick
Reick
Enthusiastic Member
03-07-2020, 01:40 AM

thank you very much, really, at least this is helping me, I have been breaking my head with this for a long time.
leave it alone, I usually just copy the hex code from the original kernel Smile, I'm going to test, any tips in particular?  or are these just initial test builds?

and I'm sorry for any mistake with English, I speak Portuguese only.
This post was last modified: 03-07-2020, 01:43 AM by Reick.
Reick
Reick
Reick
Enthusiastic Member
03-07-2020, 02:59 AM
Unfortunately it doesn't start, I did a test using the two files (I would like to know the difference between the two recovery) it forces the recovery stock right after a message with an Android appears "erasing ..."
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
03-07-2020, 10:20 AM
(03-07-2020, 02:59 AM)Reick Unfortunately it doesn't start, I did a test using the two files (I would like to know the difference between the two recovery) it forces the recovery stock right after a message with an Android appears "erasing ..."

both twrps was ported from different twrp sources, one without dt file in splitimg the other had dt file
do you mean that you still get stock recovery even after flashing twrp? if yes, then try renaming recovery-from-boot.p within /system partition then retry both twrps
Reick
Reick
Reick
Enthusiastic Member
19-07-2020, 05:01 PM
(03-07-2020, 10:20 AM)X3non
(03-07-2020, 02:59 AM)Reick Unfortunately it doesn't start, I did a test using the two files (I would like to know the difference between the two recovery) it forces the recovery stock right after a message with an Android appears "erasing ..."

both twrps was ported from different twrp sources, one without dt file in splitimg the other had dt file
do you mean that you still get stock recovery even after flashing twrp? if yes, then try renaming recovery-from-boot.p within /system partition then retry both twrps

interesting, these days I was focused on the mi 8 that I picked up recently, but now I'm back to focusing on the T290, something I found and I will check, and I ask for your help if I can get it first that I, a person on the Xda forum, managed to port and enter recovery  on the T295 a variant with chip support for this tablet, the problem is that it doesn’t mount partitions, I wanted to see if it would work to adapt this TWRP to my model

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-G82Xpy...p=drivesdk
This post was last modified: 19-07-2020, 05:12 PM by Reick.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
20-07-2020, 09:01 AM
(19-07-2020, 05:01 PM)Reick interesting, these days I was focused on the mi 8 that I picked up recently, but now I'm back to focusing on the T290, something I found and I will check, and I ask for your help if I can get it first that I, a person on the Xda forum, managed to port and enter recovery  on the T295 a variant with chip support for this tablet, the problem is that it doesn’t mount partitions, I wanted to see if it would work to adapt this TWRP to my model

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-G82Xpy...p=drivesdk

are you saying that the T290 is able to boot this very twrp in the link you shared? with the problem of not mounting anything under TWRP > mount
Reick
Reick
Reick
Enthusiastic Member
20-07-2020, 02:57 PM

this twrp so far was the only one I saw booting, but we have two problems, the first is that it is for a variant of mine the T295, but that I believe to port to the T290 is easy, because the two are identical.  second, this Twrp can't mount anything, just start on the TWRP home screen, fix the recovery so it doesn't go out on its own, but it doesn't do anything for not being able to mount the partitions, if it can fix this flaws and change the data to T290, I  I have faith that it should work
Pages (3): 1 2 3 Next