Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android no sim detected
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

no sim detected

no sim detected

B3nSleazy
B3nSleazy
B3nSleazy
11-07-2020, 10:27 PM

after changing forcefdeorfbe   to encryptable in the vendor etc fstab file in order to get twrp custom recovery working, my phone no longer detects the sim card. 
blackview bv9800 pro 
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
12-07-2020, 05:29 PM
(11-07-2020, 10:27 PM)B3nSleazy after changing forcefdeorfbe   to encryptable in the vendor etc fstab file in order to get twrp custom recovery working, my phone no longer detects the sim card. 
blackview bv9800 pro 

Have you tried factory resetting the phone?
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
13-07-2020, 09:12 AM
(11-07-2020, 10:27 PM)B3nSleazy after changing forcefdeorfbe   to encryptable in the vendor etc fstab file in order to get twrp custom recovery working, my phone no longer detects the sim card. 
blackview bv9800 pro 

curious, did you try all 3 methods @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-30160.html ?
and also try flashing the zip under the important notice section?
B3nSleazy
B3nSleazy
B3nSleazy
13-07-2020, 01:08 PM
(13-07-2020, 09:12 AM)X3non
blackview bv9800 pro 

curious, did you try all 3 methods @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-30160.html ?
and also try flashing the zip under the important notice section?
Haven't tried all three options. As I don't have external storage for the device and wasn't able to flash any files through TWRP because of the encryption.

As for the factory reset. The steps I took included a factory reset after modifying the fstab which then leads to there being no sim detected. So I just reflashed vendor with the stock image as well as stock recovery and I'm just going to hope that I never need to flash anything through my non existent TWRP. 

I could flash the files through ADB/fastboot but nowhere in that thread does it tell you which partita to flash it to. I would assume vendor but *shrug* there is so little documentation on this device and even after scouring for hours and coming up with Jack but 3 threads in this forum and there being one or two other people that have had this issue and no fixes
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
14-07-2020, 09:35 AM

(13-07-2020, 01:08 PM)B3nSleazy Haven't tried all three options. As I don't have external storage for the device and wasn't able to flash any files through TWRP because of the encryption.

there's the options of getting an ext_sd OR try otg storage if that'll work or try adb sideload

(13-07-2020, 01:08 PM)B3nSleazy As for the factory reset. The steps I took included a factory reset after modifying the fstab which then leads to there being no sim detected. So I just reflashed vendor with the stock image as well as stock recovery and I'm just going to hope that I never need to flash anything through my non existent TWRP. 

you're meant to format data partition not factory reset or wipe. both are two different options in twrp

(13-07-2020, 01:08 PM)B3nSleazy   I could flash the files through ADB/fastboot but nowhere in that thread does it tell you which partita to flash it to. I would assume vendor but *shrug* there is so little documentation on this device and even after scouring for hours and coming up with Jack but 3 threads in this forum and there being one or two other people that have had this issue and no fixes

you could try adb sideload @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-19467.html
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
14-07-2020, 01:58 PM
blackview bv9800 pro 

Flash back vendor.img and system.img from the firmware to get sim working again then we can re-visit the 0MB TWRP issue

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.