Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Camon 11 Pro cf8 completely dead and not flashing
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Camon 11 Pro cf8 completely dead and not flashing

Camon 11 Pro cf8 completely dead and not flashing

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
Lemonade
Lemonade
Lemonade
Enthusiastic Member
13-07-2020, 10:24 PM

Hello guys. I have a Tecno Camon 11 pro that just suddenly went off while I was using and refused to come back on. Doesn't even show the charging symbol when off, but the charging LED light turns on when I plug it in. It previously used to go off randomly and reboot, so I felt it was a software problem and decided to flash it with the stock ROM on Hovatek forum. But when I tried to flash with SP flash tool, it asks for an auth file even when I use the DA file I got from Hovatek. Then I tried to use Software Download tool, and it got stuck at DA Connecting, then showed a 'DA connection failed(STAT_PROTOCOL_ERR)' and kept saying USB device not recognized afterwards till I opened the phone and disconnected and reconnected the battery. 
Please what can I do to the phone? Or should I just give up and agree it is a hardware motherboard issue? I'd really like to make the phone work again. Any help would be extremely appreciated. Thanks
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
14-07-2020, 09:37 AM
(13-07-2020, 10:24 PM)Lemonade Hello guys. I have a Tecno Camon 11 pro that just suddenly went off while I was using and refused to come back on. Doesn't even show the charging symbol when off, but the charging LED light turns on when I plug it in. It previously used to go off randomly and reboot, so I felt it was a software problem and decided to flash it with the stock ROM on Hovatek forum. But when I tried to flash with SP flash tool, it asks for an auth file even when I use the DA file I got from Hovatek. Then I tried to use Software Download tool, and it got stuck at DA Connecting, then showed a 'DA connection failed(STAT_PROTOCOL_ERR)' and kept saying USB device not recognized afterwards till I opened the phone and disconnected and reconnected the battery. 
Please what can I do to the phone? Or should I just give up and agree it is a hardware motherboard issue? I'd really like to make the phone work again. Any help would be extremely appreciated. Thanks

after disconnecting / reconnecting the battery clip, what happens when you attempt to reflash using SWD tool (format all + download)?
Lemonade
Lemonade
Lemonade
Enthusiastic Member
14-07-2020, 11:47 AM
(14-07-2020, 09:37 AM)X3non
(13-07-2020, 10:24 PM)Lemonade Hello guys. I have a Tecno Camon 11 pro that just suddenly went off while I was using and refused to come back on. Doesn't even show the charging symbol when off, but the charging LED light turns on when I plug it in. It previously used to go off randomly and reboot, so I felt it was a software problem and decided to flash it with the stock ROM on Hovatek forum. But when I tried to flash with SP flash tool, it asks for an auth file even when I use the DA file I got from Hovatek. Then I tried to use Software Download tool, and it got stuck at DA Connecting, then showed a 'DA connection failed(STAT_PROTOCOL_ERR)' and kept saying USB device not recognized afterwards till I opened the phone and disconnected and reconnected the battery. 

after disconnecting / reconnecting the battery clip, what happens when you attempt to reflash using SWD tool (format all + download)?
It brings a "Use this function, pls insert Dongle" error when I want to confirm loading the scatter file. Should I try it with an older version of SWD?
mbaziira
mbaziira
mbaziira
14-07-2020, 03:39 PM
(14-07-2020, 11:47 AM)Lemonade
(13-07-2020, 10:24 PM)Lemonade
Hello guys. I have a Tecno Camon 11 pro that just suddenly went off while I was using and refused to come back on. Doesn't even show the charging symbol when off, but the charging LED light turns on when I plug it in. It previously used to go off randomly and reboot, so I felt it was a software problem and decided to flash it with the stock ROM on Hovatek forum. But when I tried to flash with SP flash tool, it asks for an auth file even when I use the DA file I got from Hovatek. Then I tried to use Software Download tool, and it got stuck at DA Connecting, then showed a 'DA connection failed(STAT_PROTOCOL_ERR)' and kept saying USB device not recognized afterwards till I opened the phone and disconnected and reconnected the battery. 

It brings a "Use this function, pls insert Dongle" error when I want to confirm loading the scatter file. Should I try it with an older version of SWD?
Try the immediate SWD tool version v4.1811.23.11 after the latest

Sent from my D5503 using Hovatek Mobile
This post was last modified: 14-07-2020, 03:40 PM by mbaziira.
Lemonade
Lemonade
Lemonade
Enthusiastic Member
14-07-2020, 06:23 PM

(14-07-2020, 03:39 PM)mbaziira
(14-07-2020, 11:47 AM)Lemonade

Try the immediate  SWD tool version v4.1811.23.11 after the latest

Sent from my D5503 using Hovatek Mobile
Already tried it. It's doing the same thing and giving the same error. I also noticed that it is using the Mediatek USB port as device name instead of Mediatek preloader USB VCOM port. Also it doesn't get into the preloader at all, but stops at BROM_binded on SWD, which seems like it doesn't get past the boot ROM at all and doesn't even initiate the preloader so I can flash the firmware in. Do you think this is due to a hardware issue? It's weird because the phone just went off suddenly when I was using. makes it hard for me to agree the motherboard went bad just like that.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
15-07-2020, 10:31 AM
(14-07-2020, 06:23 PM)Lemonade Already tried it. It's doing the same thing and giving the same error. I also noticed that it is using the Mediatek USB port as device name instead of Mediatek preloader USB VCOM port. Also it doesn't get into the preloader at all, but stops at BROM_binded on SWD, which seems like it doesn't get past the boot ROM at all and doesn't even initiate the preloader so I can flash the firmware in.

attach a full screenshot of the error message as seen in SWD tool

(14-07-2020, 06:23 PM)Lemonade Do you think this is due to a hardware issue? It's weird because the phone just went off suddenly when I was using. makes it hard for me to agree the motherboard went bad just like that.

if it'll be hardware related, it may either be the battery or the emmc chip
Lemonade
Lemonade
Lemonade
Enthusiastic Member
15-07-2020, 01:20 PM
[attachment=7971 X3non pid='197646' dateline='1594805488']
(14-07-2020, 06:23 PM)Lemonade Already tried it. It's doing the same thing and giving the same error. I also noticed that it is using the Mediatek USB port as device name instead of Mediatek preloader USB VCOM port. Also it doesn't get into the preloader at all, but stops at BROM_binded on SWD, which seems like it doesn't get past the boot ROM at all and doesn't even initiate the preloader so I can flash the firmware in.

attach a full screenshot of the error message as seen in SWD tool
Alright. Full screenshot of when it was ongoing just before it failed and when it failed attached.
Attached Files
.png
Screenshot (13).png
Size: 62.59 KB / Downloads: 14
.png
Screenshot (11).png
Size: 60 KB / Downloads: 11
Lemonade
Lemonade
Lemonade
Enthusiastic Member
15-07-2020, 01:29 PM
(15-07-2020, 10:31 AM)X3non
(14-07-2020, 06:23 PM)Lemonade Do you think this is due to a hardware issue? It's weird because the phone just went off suddenly when I was using. makes it hard for me to agree the motherboard went bad just like that.

if it'll be hardware related, it may either be the battery or the emmc chip
It most definitely can't be battery because the battery is working perfectly as tested. I won't be surprised if it is the eMMc chip tbh. Everything points to an internal storage IC problem. Just didn't want to believe it'd hapoen just like that. And also, I gave it to a phone technician initially who claimed he'd try to work on it and couldn't make it work, but when he gave me back the LED charging light had changed from white to blue. What do you think happened to the motherboard to cause that change please? Because I have no idea. The engineer guy claims it's because he 'serviced' it. I really appreciate your help so far.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
16-07-2020, 07:11 PM
(15-07-2020, 01:29 PM)Lemonade It most definitely can't be battery because the battery is working perfectly as tested. I won't be surprised if it is the eMMc chip tbh. Everything points to an internal storage IC problem. Just didn't want to believe it'd hapoen just like that.

if you have a dongle such an cm2, you can attempt to test the emmc

(15-07-2020, 01:29 PM)Lemonade And also, I gave it to a phone technician initially who claimed he'd try to work on it and couldn't make it work, but when he gave me back the LED charging light had changed from white to blue.

and did you try flashing the phone after this particular event?

(15-07-2020, 01:29 PM)Lemonade What do you think happened to the motherboard to cause that change please?

only the technician who worked on the phone would know what he did to bring about the change
Lemonade
Lemonade
Lemonade
Enthusiastic Member
17-07-2020, 06:49 PM

(16-07-2020, 07:11 PM)X3non
(15-07-2020, 01:29 PM)Lemonade It most definitely can't be battery because the battery is working perfectly as tested. I won't be surprised if it is the eMMc chip tbh. Everything points to an internal storage IC problem. Just didn't want to believe it'd hapoen just like that.

if you have a dongle such an cm2, you can attempt to test the emmc

(15-07-2020, 01:29 PM)Lemonade And also, I gave it to a phone technician initially who claimed he'd try to work on it and couldn't make it work, but when he gave me back the LED charging light had changed from white to blue.

and did you try flashing the phone after this particular event?

(15-07-2020, 01:29 PM)Lemonade What do you think happened to the motherboard to cause that change please?

only the technician who worked on the phone would know what he did to bring about the change
Hm. Unfortunately I don't have a dongle anywhere close to where I am currently. I didn't think of flashing the phone before I gave it to a technician. I was too shook to really think properly about personally troubleshooting. One of the things I regret tbh. The dude didn't tell me what he did. He simply said he 'serviced' it. And we both know how vague a term that is. Guess I just have to give up on the phone till I can get to where there's a dongle or something like a JTAG box. Thank you bro for all the answers. I appreciate.
Pages (2): 1 2 Next