Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Unbricking my Itel 5616?
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

Unbricking my Itel 5616?

Unbricking my Itel 5616?

Rwshd
Rwshd
Rwshd
Enthusiastic Member
23-07-2020, 06:51 PM

Hello dear admins! Smile

My Itel 5616 would not receive or make calls via both SIMs despite displaying full network status (both SIMs are working fine). Upon examining the device, an "engineer" decided it would require flashing. In short, he only succeeded in bricking it after finding its .pac file online.

Question: How do I revive this phone?

Your responses are eagerly anticipated.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
24-07-2020, 09:19 AM
(23-07-2020, 06:51 PM)Rwshd Hello dear admins! Smile

My Itel 5616 would not receive or make calls via both SIMs despite displaying full network status (both SIMs are working fine). Upon examining the device, an "engineer" decided it would require flashing. In short, he only succeeded in bricking it after finding its .pac file online.

do you know if he took note of the build number of the phone before attempting to flash? or do you remember the original build?
and which firmware build he flashed with? also was the flashing process successful or not?
Rwshd
Rwshd
Rwshd
Enthusiastic Member
24-07-2020, 11:26 AM
(24-07-2020, 09:19 AM)X3non
(23-07-2020, 06:51 PM)Rwshd Hello dear admins! Smile

do you know if he took note of the build number of the phone before attempting to flash? or do you remember the original build?
and which firmware build he flashed with? also was the flashing process successful or not?
Dear X3non,

Thanks for your prompt response.  Smile

As for the build number, I don't know if he noted it down before flashing (is there a way I can find it, probably in the battery compartment?). Regarding the firmware, he first flashed it with one that he got from https://firmwarefile.com/itel-it5616, I think. That was successful; however, since the phone's original problem persisted, he said he would need a .pac file, which he got from Hovatek's forum. When he tried flashing that one, however, it did not progress at first. Then, after several "wuruwuru-to-the-answer" attempts, he succeeded in flashing the .pac file but bricked the phone in the process.

I hope I've said it well.
This post was last modified: 24-07-2020, 11:36 AM by Rwshd.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
25-07-2020, 11:10 AM
(24-07-2020, 11:26 AM)Rwshd ...
As for the build number, I don't know if he noted it down before flashing (is there a way I can find it, probably in the battery compartment?). Regarding the firmware, he first flashed it with one that he got from https://firmwarefile.com/itel-it5616, I think. That was successful; however, since the phone's original problem persisted, he said he would need a .pac file, which he got from Hovatek's forum. When he tried flashing that one, however, it did not progress at first. Then, after several "wuruwuru-to-the-answer" attempts, he succeeded in flashing the .pac file but bricked the phone in the process.

I hope I've said it well.

you can't find the build after flashing has been done already unless it's indicated on the pcb
you also need to note that there's both an mtk and spd variant of it5616, the first firmware you mentioned can't be flashed on an spd device and vice versa to the second firmware downloaded from here

verify the chipset of the phone by launching device manager on your pc and connecting the phone to the pc
check what the device gets detected as (you might to find the boot key if the device is truly spd, you could either try pressing random keys OR get this info from the "engineer")
boot key is the key you need to hold down before connecting the phone to the pc