Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Stock rom for Tecno camon x
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Stock rom for Tecno camon x

Stock rom for Tecno camon x

Joaeph
Joaeph
Joaeph
Enthusiastic Member
30-07-2020, 02:07 AM

Hello hovatek... Is it possible to place the boot.img of TECNO CA7-H633BCDK-O-200229V344 up for download, it's not in your list of available firmware for the Tecno camon x.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
30-07-2020, 09:22 AM
(30-07-2020, 02:07 AM)Joaeph Hello hovatek... Is it possible to place the boot.img of TECNO CA7-H633BCDK-O-200229V344 up for download, it's not in your list of available firmware for the Tecno camon x.

not available ATM
why don't you backup from your phone then help make it available?
Joaeph
Joaeph
Joaeph
Enthusiastic Member
30-07-2020, 08:29 PM
I have tried backing it up but every time I try readback it's either my device is not recognized or I get a BROM error, i was discouraged from trying again after my phone refused to boot for some time so I decided to ask if it's possible to place it for download.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
31-07-2020, 04:57 PM
(30-07-2020, 08:29 PM)Joaeph I have tried backing it up but every time I try readback it's either my device is not recognized or I get a BROM error, i was discouraged from trying again after my phone refused to boot for some time so I decided to ask if it's possible to place it for download.

That's because you didn't load the DA file @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-23243.html
Try both DA

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Joaeph
Joaeph
Joaeph
Enthusiastic Member
31-07-2020, 09:05 PM

No, I loaded the DA files but it still doesn't work.
Before I switch off the phone I select use device as midi from debugger option because the laptop reacts only when I take that option or could that be the problem or I'm I supposed to switch off the phone without selecting any debugger option.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
01-08-2020, 01:44 PM
(31-07-2020, 09:05 PM)Joaeph No, I loaded the DA files but it still doesn't work.
Before I switch off the phone I select use device as midi from debugger option because the laptop reacts only when I take that option or could that be the problem or I'm I supposed to switch off the phone without selecting any debugger option.

attach a full screenshot showing the error message you got when you attempt to use the DA file
you don't necessarily need to select anything when the phone is powered on, it won't affect how or what the device is detected as when it's powered off
Joaeph
Joaeph
Joaeph
Enthusiastic Member
01-08-2020, 10:13 PM
Ok so I tried the process again but this time when I loaded the custom DA file and tried readback I get STATUS_DA_SELECTION_ERR (0xC0030003) then I searched for the meaning and I discovered that the DA file being used is incompatible and then I tried using the DA file that came with so flash tool and this time I get STATUS_BROM_CMD_SEND_DA_FAIL (0XC0060003) which means that I need to get a custom DA file. Please help me with a fix for this and also, I tried other custom DA files which I downloaded online but none worked.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
03-08-2020, 09:22 AM
(01-08-2020, 10:13 PM)Joaeph Ok so I tried the process again but this time when I loaded the custom DA file and tried readback I get STATUS_DA_SELECTION_ERR (0xC0030003) then I searched for the meaning and I discovered that the DA file being used is incompatible and then I tried using the DA file that came with so flash tool and this time I get STATUS_BROM_CMD_SEND_DA_FAIL (0XC0060003) which means that I need to get a custom DA file. Please help me with a fix for this and also, I tried other custom DA files which I downloaded online but none worked.

did you try both DAs @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-23243.html ?
Joaeph
Joaeph
Joaeph
Enthusiastic Member
03-08-2020, 09:02 PM
I tried the the second DA from the link you gave me but I got a status unsupport Ctrl code error but i checked the list of sp flash tool errors in the hovatek forum and I was able to fix it so I have successfully backed up my phone's rom. Thank you so much for your help and time, I really appreciate it.