Hovatek Forum DESKTOP Windows Ransomware infected my PC.. I need help
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Ransomware infected my PC.. I need help

Ransomware infected my PC.. I need help

Jamitohassino
Jamitohassino
Jamitohassino
Enthusiastic Member
03-08-2020, 02:37 PM

I've been trying to remove the virus from my system but it ain't working.. I tried all the solution on Google but nothing seems to work out both the automatic and the manual method of fixing it...

There is addition of .nile to all my files and it rendered them useless.. I can't even install any antivirus and the one I was able to install was only premium... Please if you know how to deal with it kindly help
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
04-08-2020, 10:35 AM
(03-08-2020, 02:37 PM)Jamitohassino I've been trying to remove the virus from my system but it ain't working.. I tried all the solution on Google but nothing seems to work out both the automatic and the manual method of fixing it...

There is addition of .nile to all my files and it rendered them useless.. I can't even install any antivirus and the one I was able to install was only premium... Please if you know how to deal with it kindly help

what exactly have you tried? did you try install anti malware programs? e.g malwarebyte antimalware, Emsisoft Emergency Kit
you should also disable internet on your pc until you've fix the pc, use a usb device to share installation files to the pc

for your files, see https://id-ransomware.malwarehunterteam.com
you could also search online for similar websites that can identify the malware and if there's any means of decrypting the files
Jamitohassino
Jamitohassino
Jamitohassino
Enthusiastic Member
04-08-2020, 08:05 PM
(04-08-2020, 10:35 AM)X3non
(03-08-2020, 02:37 PM)Jamitohassino I've been trying to remove the virus from my system but it ain't working.. I tried all the solution on Google but nothing seems to work out both the automatic and the manual method of fixing it...

what exactly have you tried? did you try install anti malware programs? e.g malwarebyte antimalware, Emsisoft Emergency Kit
you should also disable internet on your pc until you've fix the pc, use a usb device to share installation files to the pc

you could also search online for similar websites that can identify the malware and if there's any means of decrypting the files
I tried fixing it manually which didnt work...  And also most of the antimalware am seeing are premium execpt for the malwarebyte and it seems I must be connected to internet so as to be able to download the software
Jamitohassino
Jamitohassino
Jamitohassino
Enthusiastic Member
04-08-2020, 09:08 PM
(04-08-2020, 10:35 AM)X3non

I downloaded the emsisoft emergency kit.. I installed it and scanned the system with it..  It detected the malwares (5) I asked it to delete all but it doesn't..  And when I rescan again the same 5 still appeared
And out of the five about 3 are said to be essential for window to work and I can't delete them or quarantine them now... Solution to this please
This post was last modified: 04-08-2020, 09:22 PM by Jamitohassino.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
06-08-2020, 09:38 AM

(04-08-2020, 08:05 PM)Jamitohassino I tried fixing it manually which didnt work...  And also most of the antimalware am seeing are premium execpt for the malwarebyte and it seems I must be connected to internet so as to be able to download the software

download malwarebyte @ https://www.malwarebytes.com/mwb-download/
Jamitohassino
Jamitohassino
Jamitohassino
Enthusiastic Member
06-08-2020, 09:42 AM
Malwarebytes didn't install.... I downloaded the set up and the software but after when the installation should be completed it'll reboot my system and won't come up again
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
06-08-2020, 11:47 PM
(06-08-2020, 09:42 AM)Jamitohassino Malwarebytes didn't install.... I downloaded the set up and the software but after when the installation should be completed it'll reboot my system and won't come up again

reinstall windows, this is sure to remove the virus (you can use the search bar at the top to search for "how to install windows")
ahkhel
ahkhel
ahkhel
09-08-2020, 10:40 PM
Facing ransomware, I would recommend you to do the following:
First step, you need to switch off your computer and never switch it on. switching it on will give the ransomware chance to encrypt more data and you will lose more of your essential files and documents.
Second step is to install a fresh windows; doing this, you will lose all the files in your desktop, documents, and Drive C in general. So, to avoid this; you need to use live OS like Ubuntu installed in a USB drive, you can use it to move your important data to Drive D or somewhere else.
After installing a new windows, the first thing to do is to install an antivirus and run a full scan (before opening anything, and you should never access to your drives (Drive D, E...)  and it's better to download the Antivirus from internet rather than copying it from your archive somewhere else that might be infected too). You can use a free antivirus like Avast,AVG or a trial version of Kaspersky...etc
I don't want to say this, but most likely, your files that were already encrypted are likely never to be decrypted again Sad
Anyway the most important thing to do is not to give the ransomware chance to spread more.
This post was last modified: 09-08-2020, 10:44 PM by ahkhel.
dyle
dyle
dyle
12-08-2020, 02:56 AM
no choice but to reformat.. its better to use windows 10 os
This post was last modified: 12-08-2020, 02:57 AM by dyle.
Jamitohassino
Jamitohassino
Jamitohassino
Enthusiastic Member
22-08-2020, 07:37 AM

Thanks to you all... Emsisoft customer care helped me out and my system is freed from the virus now