Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android [Development] How to root Unisoc | Spreadtrum Android 9; Case study: Teclast P80X
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Development] How to root Unisoc | Spreadtrum Android 9; Case study: Teclast P80X

[Development] How to root Unisoc | Spreadtrum Android 9; Case study: Teclast P80X

Pages (11): Previous 13 4 5 6 711 Next
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
09-07-2020, 11:16 AM

(08-07-2020, 06:24 PM)shezan I'm using a device name: walton primo R6 MAX
Chipset: Unisoc SC9863A
Android: 9.0
Ram/Rom: 3/32
I tried to root my device so I signed my vbmeta with the help of a post from hovatek and I was successful. Then I ported my recovery.img from TWRP auto porter that support android 9 then I signed the ported recovery and flashed to my device via fastboot and spd research tool. Flashing with fastboot can't be open on recovery unless I'm on homescreen but as the post they say first to go on the recovery mode. And if I flash with spd research tool then I can Go simply recovery mode but It stuck on boot logo and do nothing else.
And then I flash recovery that is patched with magisk. I did the two method like before and I got just a bit different result than before. In the recovery mode I can just see "modem-int" written in a pinky red screen.

So if you can help me root my device I'll be very thankful to

stick to your thread @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-35617.html
bsheepdiy
bsheepdiy
bsheepdiy
09-07-2020, 07:55 PM
@stippler
" Use Reset pin + volume down (to power off), remove reset pin to put tablet into download mode."

How do you trigger reset pin ? Where is it located ? does it need to open the tablet ?
Thanks
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
10-07-2020, 03:41 PM
(09-07-2020, 07:55 PM)bsheepdiy @stippler
" Use Reset pin + volume down (to power off), remove reset pin to put tablet into download mode."

How do you trigger reset pin ? Where is it located ? does it need to open the tablet ?
Thanks

Its beside the Power button. You insert a pin inside

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
bsheepdiy
bsheepdiy
bsheepdiy
27-07-2020, 09:58 PM
Hello,

I ve tried to patch boot.img and recovery.img using Magisk each time I get this error

python avbtool info_image --image magisk_patched.img

avbtool: Given image does not look like a vbmeta image.

I ve tried Magisk 24.0 and last build Magisk 97b72a59 (20419) and get the same error.

Here was the option :

[ ] Preserve force encryption

[v] Preserve ADB 2.0/dm-verity

[v] Recovery mode

I think there was a modification on Magisk way of patching image, and it is not compatible with AVB python script ...

Thanks for your help
This post was last modified: 27-07-2020, 10:14 PM by bsheepdiy.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
28-07-2020, 09:12 AM

(27-07-2020, 09:58 PM)bsheepdiy Hello,
I ve tried to patch boot.img and recovery.img using Magisk each time I get this error
python avbtool info_image --image magisk_patched.img
I think there was a modification on Magisk way of patching image, and it is not compatible with AVB python script ...

Thanks for your help

you seem to have mixed up the commands.
the command info_image is meant to check a vbmeta and display it's contents. the image you supplied clearly isn't a vbmeta image
you're meant to sign patched boot or recovery using avbtool not check info. go through the OP in page 1 of this thread
ifp_0132
ifp_0132
ifp_0132
02-08-2020, 01:10 PM
(08-07-2020, 04:23 PM)stippler Teclast P80X

Rooted (Power on boot up, no combo keys required).

Magisk Canary. Patch boot.img then recovery.img (extracted from firmware. Rename immediately after patching each file, magisk_boot.img, magisk_recovery.img).

Reboot after the first file is patched, had issues with sequential patching (random file size).

Create your private custom encryption key in Linux. Generate, then sign the new Vbmeta.img. Sign magisk_boot.img, magisk_recovery.img and system.img.

Spd tools will prevent flashing of the new files. Use ADB tools to enter your tablet in fastboot mode, then flash the signed custom Vbmeta file.

Hold button to power off. It will bootloop after this. Don't panic.

Use Reset pin + volume down (to power off), remove reset pin to put tablet into download mode.

Before that, get SPD Research tool ready, click play (select power off for when flashing is complete), deselect everything from firmware except fdl1-sign.bin, fdl2-sign.bin, recovery and system.

Browse for and select custom signed TWRP in the recovery entry and your custom signed system.img in the system entry. Flash.

Power on tablet with combo keys to boot into TWRP recovery (files on SD card). Miss it, you'll have to flash TWRP again.

Flash magisk_boot.img, magisk_recovery.img to their respective partitions.

TWRP > Reboot recovery or power off.

On booting up, root might not be properly installed. Update Magisk Canary.

Rooted.

It's worthwhile editing the audio_para file to adjust gain and eq values (big difference for heavier bass etc), before installing V4A or other. Not in the same league as a Teclast T8 on Viper, but it is very enjoyable when tweaked. 

Is there a GUI for audio_para?
How do I sign the system image?
Abatoir
Abatoir
Abatoir
10-08-2020, 12:14 PM
Hey guys I'm having some issues here. I've rooted SPD Android 9 B4 following this exact tutorial, however this Blu Device running Android 9.0 seems to be particular. 
My issue: after flashing signed magisk patched recovery IMG then disconnecting the battery while in fastboot. Every attempt I make to boot rooted recovery,boots the device into stock recovery. Is there any way around this?
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
11-08-2020, 09:26 AM
(10-08-2020, 12:14 PM)Abatoir Hey guys I'm having some issues here. I've rooted SPD Android 9 B4 following this exact tutorial, however this Blu Device running Android 9.0 seems to be particular. 
My issue: after flashing signed magisk patched recovery IMG then disconnecting the battery while in fastboot. Every attempt I make to boot rooted recovery,boots the device into stock recovery. Is there any way around this?

stock recovery must be replacing the patched recovery. ensure that your first boot is going straight to recovery mode not homescreen
OR you can try patching boot using magisk canary @ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGLWoJ-POlA then sign the patched boot using avbtool similar way you did for recovery
boot the phone up normally and check if it has root
Abatoir
Abatoir
Abatoir
11-08-2020, 10:22 AM
(11-08-2020, 09:26 AM)X3non
(10-08-2020, 12:14 PM)Abatoir Hey guys I'm having some issues here. I've rooted SPD Android 9 B4 following this exact tutorial, however this Blu Device running Android 9.0 seems to be particular. 

stock recovery must be replacing the patched recovery. ensure that your first boot is going straight to recovery mode not homescreen
OR you can try patching boot using magisk canary @ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGLWoJ-POlA then sign the patched boot using avbtool similar way you did for recovery
boot the phone up normally and check if it has root

I will try as soon as I can. Thank you
Ejike Dex
Ejike Dex
Ejike Dex
Enthusiastic Member
26-08-2020, 02:15 PM

Hello guys, so after a 2 weeks long course of trial and error, I have finally been able to root my android 9 pie unisoc device ( Itel S15), following the threads and steps you outlined problem is just as you said it's a temporary root and I am required to always repeat step 7 to regain root after a reboot.

My present dilemma is, I am trying to install Xposed framework and it's modules, and they require me to reboot the phone after each install. So now I am considering trying the Magisk Canary version patch method in an attempt to get permanent root.

I want to ask:
1, will  I be required to sign the Magisk Canary version patched recovery image before I flash it?
2, Do I just reboot immediately after flashing it, Turn the phone of and reboot into recovery or do step 7 all over again?

Thanks
This post was last modified: 26-08-2020, 02:16 PM by Ejike Dex.
Pages (11): Previous 13 4 5 6 711 Next