Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android Armour x5 arm64-v8a Mtk 6765
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Armour x5 arm64-v8a Mtk 6765

Armour x5 arm64-v8a Mtk 6765

Pachacouti
Pachacouti
Pachacouti
Enthusiastic Member
28-08-2020, 09:34 PM

I'm on Andriod 10-q, boot and recovery both 32mb in size compared to 64 for most other ulefones I've seen, have magisk patched boot, recovery, verity disabled etc, but cant seem to find a twrp I can boot, anyone?
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
30-08-2020, 08:19 AM
(28-08-2020, 09:34 PM)Pachacouti I'm on Andriod 10-q, boot and recovery both 32mb in size compared to 64 for most other ulefones I've seen, have magisk patched boot, recovery, verity disabled etc, but cant seem to find a twrp I can boot, anyone?

Have you been able to root?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Pachacouti
Pachacouti
Pachacouti
Enthusiastic Member
01-09-2020, 11:40 PM
No, that's my aim, can flash a boot, can flash a recovery, get bootloops, reflash stock, same rinse and repeat, tried countless twrps, none so far have worked. Need a twrp for my fone, or maybe point me in the direction of an equivlant fone I can look into, see if I can make something out of spares lol
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
02-09-2020, 08:11 PM
(01-09-2020, 11:40 PM)Pachacouti No, that's my aim, can flash a boot, can flash a recovery, get bootloops, reflash stock, same rinse and repeat, tried countless twrps, none so far have worked. Need a twrp for my fone, or maybe point me in the direction of an equivlant fone I can look into, see if I can make something out of spares lol

after flashing empty vbmeta to disable dm_verity, does the phone still boot up to homescreen?
Pachacouti
Pachacouti
Pachacouti
Enthusiastic Member
02-09-2020, 08:26 PM

(02-09-2020, 08:11 PM)X3non
(01-09-2020, 11:40 PM)Pachacouti No, that's my aim, can flash a boot, can flash a recovery, get bootloops, reflash stock, same rinse and repeat, tried countless twrps, none so far have worked. Need a twrp for my fone, or maybe point me in the direction of an equivlant fone I can look into, see if I can make something out of spares lol

after flashing empty vbmeta to disable dm_verity, does the phone still boot up to homescreen?
Yes, but not seeing much to be able to work with, Bootloader unlocked, my boot magisk'd with the 2nd option in advanced unticked, can flash recoveries, but get either a bootloop, recovery with three lines, normal, bootloader, or recovery options, but fone boots fine, depending on recovery tested, fone is running with an apparently magisk'd bootloader flashed after a vmbeta, but no root app see's magisk, It's an 'A' only boot partition..?
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
03-09-2020, 10:37 AM
(02-09-2020, 08:26 PM)Pachacouti Yes, but not seeing much to be able to work with, Bootloader unlocked, my boot magisk'd with the 2nd option in advanced unticked, can flash recoveries, but get either a bootloop, recovery with three lines, normal, bootloader, or recovery options, but fone boots fine, depending on recovery tested, fone is running with an apparently magisk'd bootloader flashed after a vmbeta, but no root app see's magisk, It's an 'A' only boot partition..?

when you unlocked bootloader, did you unlock critical too? i.e fastboot flashing unlock_critical
if no then try unlocking critical ussing the command above then retry flashing magisk patched boot

BTW what is the kernel version of this device?
This post was last modified: 03-09-2020, 10:51 AM by X3non.
Pachacouti
Pachacouti
Pachacouti
Enthusiastic Member
03-09-2020, 11:48 AM
BB Chip: mt6765
MS Board: Armour_X5_Q
Kernel Ver: 4.9.190
Sw Ver: alps-mp-q0.mpl-v9.64

Didn't know about the critical, will look it up, I stupidly updated the firmware according to ulefone, and it wiped my macs, serials etc, can get the macs back, but cant change serial back to origional, ulefone instruct you to use a firmware update that wipes your numbers, then state they dont support fones with numbers THEY changed!

I did find a chinese page that shows root and full instructions, way beyond my paygrade with no root lol

Edit: reflashed, fixed serial/imei, tried unlock critical, it unlocked, tried magisk again, no go...
This post was last modified: 03-09-2020, 08:39 PM by Pachacouti.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
04-09-2020, 10:29 AM
(03-09-2020, 11:48 AM)Pachacouti ...
Edit: reflashed, fixed serial/imei, tried unlock critical, it unlocked, tried magisk again, no go...

two things
after unlocking critical, did you flash empty vbmeta?
if yes and the device still bootloops, you could try patching boot using magisk canary, see if that works instead of the regular magisk ; see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGLWoJ-POlA
Pachacouti
Pachacouti
Pachacouti
Enthusiastic Member
06-09-2020, 10:31 AM
I'm sure I've tried this before, but will rinse n repeat lol, but I reckon with /system in my phone now being / and hence /system/bin/ is now /bin, root is the root of 'hd' and so magisk cant actually work, because the system dirs are hardcoded, and mount in random order, but without a known working version for my fone (yet)... This was built for Android 10-Q, cant use android 9, different chips, so most twrp's, being made for android 9, cant work, and bootloader is half the size. The After sales service 'update' is the link offered on their site, the so called stock rom. The google version seems not for my fone, cant use sn writer with google version, so stick with ulephone mega link Smile
Pachacouti
Pachacouti
Pachacouti
Enthusiastic Member
14-09-2021, 04:06 PM

I got this fone done, yeah, rooted, but I realised user built bootloaders are of no use in rooting since android 10, there seems to be no debug/eng variants of these bootloaders, making root impossible, it works, but is pointless...now you know Smile

However, with a debug or engineer bootloader for 10_Q, I WOULD have root.
This post was last modified: 14-09-2021, 04:18 PM by Pachacouti.