Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] Kingrow K1 MT6763 Dead
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] Kingrow K1 MT6763 Dead

[Please help] Kingrow K1 MT6763 Dead

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
Timo Helfer
Timo Helfer
Timo Helfer
Enthusiastic Member
21-09-2020, 07:57 PM

Hello,

I somehow bricked my Kingrow K1 E-Ink smartphone with a MT6763 chip.
First I thought I'm lucky since I did several READ operations with scatter file. But unfortunately when I want to write that full backup to my phone. I get "Error0_5e" mostly after partition nvdata, nvram, vendor etc. But some partitions write fine.

Phone is completely dead, not starting. When I plug it in, windows is switching drivers until I start in Miracle Box the Write operation. Already tried puting out the battery, didnt help.

Regards - Timo

PS: See attached the scatter file

Code:

Waiting for USB Port...
Set MediaTek PreLoader USB VCOM (Android) (COM12)
Connecting to Phone,Wait..
Connected to Phone.
CPU: MT6763 SW:0001 Ver: CA01
Downloading Boot8 ...
EMMC Size: 0x03AB400000
Flash Type: EMMC
INT/EXT RAM  Size: 0x40000/0x80000000
Writing(Nand/eMMC)...
Writing lk
Writing lk2
Writing boot
Writing logo
Writing odmdtbo
Writing tee1
Writing tee2
Writing vendor
ERROR0_5e

Code:

Connected to Phone.
Downloading Boot8 ...
Writing(Nand/eMMC)...
Writing md1dsp
Writing spmfw
Writing sspm_1
Writing sspm_2
Writing gz1
Writing gz2
Writing nvram
ERROR0_5e
This post was last modified: 21-09-2020, 07:59 PM by Timo Helfer.
Attached Files
.txt
MT6763_Android_scatter.txt
Size: 12.34 KB / Downloads: 14
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
22-09-2020, 10:44 AM
(21-09-2020, 07:57 PM)Timo Helfer Hello,

I somehow bricked my Kingrow K1 E-Ink smartphone with a MT6763 chip.
First I thought I'm lucky since I did several READ operations with scatter file. But unfortunately when I want to write that full backup to my phone. I get "Error0_5e" mostly after partition nvdata, nvram, vendor etc. But some partitions write fine.

Phone is completely dead, not starting. When I plug it in, windows is switching drivers until I start in Miracle Box the Write operation. Already tried puting out the battery, didnt help.

Regards - Timo

PS: See attached the scatter file

Code:

Waiting for USB Port...
Set MediaTek PreLoader USB VCOM (Android) (COM12)
Connected to Phone.
Downloading Boot8 ...
Writing(Nand/eMMC)...
Writing lk
Writing lk2
Writing boot
Writing logo
Writing odmdtbo
Writing tee1
Writing tee2
Writing vendor
ERROR0_5e

Code:

Connected to Phone.
Downloading Boot8 ...
Writing(Nand/eMMC)...
Writing md1dsp
Writing spmfw
Writing sspm_1
Writing sspm_2
Writing gz1
Writing gz2
Writing nvram
ERROR0_5e

how did the phone go totally dead? you formatted or sth else?
did you try writing preloader?
btw these backup you made, was it made while the phone was able to at least power on?
Timo Helfer
Timo Helfer
Timo Helfer
Enthusiastic Member
22-09-2020, 11:59 AM
I'm not sure anymore, it happen some months back. Could be that I tried to flash a selfbrewed TWRP or something, and then I tried to reflash the backup with SP Flash tool? But I dont remember exactly.

The backups I have were all at a state where the phone was completely functioning. So they should be fine.

I tried to flash preloader seperately and in a second step flash all the other partitions, but I always get the "Error0_5e" after some specific partitions, like nvram, vendor etc.

Anything I could try? Unfortunately stock firmware is not available, since this is a niche phone and the vendor does not provide the firmware for download.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
23-09-2020, 09:20 AM
(22-09-2020, 11:59 AM)Timo Helfer I'm not sure anymore, it happen some months back. Could be that I tried to flash a selfbrewed TWRP or something, and then I tried to reflash the backup with SP Flash tool? But I dont remember exactly.

The backups I have were all at a state where the phone was completely functioning. So they should be fine.

I tried to flash preloader seperately and in a second step flash all the other partitions, but I always get the "Error0_5e" after some specific partitions, like nvram, vendor etc.

Anything I could try? Unfortunately stock firmware is not available, since this is a niche phone and the vendor does not provide the firmware for download.

Seems you made the backup using Miracle Thunder right? I'm asking this to confirm the source of the scatter file.
Some device's don't get along with firmware backups or dumps over factory firmware.

Try backup the dead phone's firmware using WWR 2.51 @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21969.html as explained below. Lets see how it goes

This post was last modified: 23-09-2020, 09:22 AM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Timo Helfer
Timo Helfer
Timo Helfer
Enthusiastic Member
04-10-2020, 08:51 AM

(23-09-2020, 09:20 AM)hovatek
(22-09-2020, 11:59 AM)Timo Helfer I'm not sure anymore, it happen some months back. Could be that I tried to flash a selfbrewed TWRP or something, and then I tried to reflash the backup with SP Flash tool? But I dont remember exactly.

Seems you made the backup using Miracle Thunder right? I'm asking this to confirm the source of the scatter file.
Some device's don't get along with firmware backups or dumps over factory firmware.

Try backup the dead phone's firmware using WWR 2.51 @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21969.html as explained below. Lets see how it goes

Sorry I was on vacation for 2 weeks. Thank youu for your support! I took the dump according to the youtube clip. Backed everything up until system partition, without user_data and cut the rom as it is. And now? Anything I can do now? Yes, the backup Ive done before were done with Miracle Thunder.

Regards - Timo
This post was last modified: 04-10-2020, 09:07 AM by Timo Helfer.
Attached Files
.png
Screenshot (6).png
Size: 323.34 KB / Downloads: 4
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
05-10-2020, 10:08 AM
(04-10-2020, 08:51 AM)Timo Helfer Sorry I was on vacation for 2 weeks. Thank youu for your support! I took the dump according to the youtube clip. Backed everything up until system partition, without user_data and cut the rom as it is. And now? Anything I can do now? Yes, the backup Ive done before were done with Miracle Thunder.

Regards - Timo

try using the scatter file from wwr and the remaining files from the miracle backup, flash using sp flash tool. by this i mean
create a new folder
copy scatter file from wwr backup
copy the remaining files except scatter file from miracle backup
modify the scatter file in the new folder and replace the filenames with those from the miracle backup e.g boot.img to boot.bin OR you rename the files to match the filenames in the scatter file
then flash using spft
Timo Helfer
Timo Helfer
Timo Helfer
Enthusiastic Member
08-10-2020, 08:24 PM
Hey guys!
Thank you very much! This indeed helped to recover my phone!
Timo Helfer
Timo Helfer
Timo Helfer
Enthusiastic Member
10-12-2020, 02:44 PM
(08-10-2020, 08:24 PM)Timo Helfer Hey guys!
Thank you very much! This indeed helped to recover my phone!

Can someone tell me which partitions I should provide to another Kingrow User, so he can use my backup and flash it with SPFT? I have injected Google Apps on mine, thats why its valueable to other users.

I assume my Scatter-File can also be used by other Kingrow K1 users, right?
This post was last modified: 10-12-2020, 02:46 PM by Timo Helfer.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
11-12-2020, 05:54 AM
(10-12-2020, 02:44 PM)Timo Helfer Can someone tell me which partitions I should provide to another Kingrow User, so he can use my backup and flash it with SPFT? I have injected Google Apps on mine, thats why its valueable to other users.

I assume my Scatter-File can also be used by other Kingrow K1 users, right?

You can provide all except userdata, cache, nvram and nvdata

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
kelvinchinedu
kelvinchinedu
kelvinchinedu
Contributor
28-03-2021, 01:43 PM

Try plugging Ur phone to PC for charging for 1 minute,after that remove it and try holding the power botton for a long time.
Pages (2): 1 2 Next