Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] Getting root for Sharp XX3 (Sharp Aquos SHV34)
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] Getting root for Sharp XX3 (Sharp Aquos SHV34)

[Please help] Getting root for Sharp XX3 (Sharp Aquos SHV34)

Trần Hiếu
Trần Hiếu
Trần Hiếu
Enthusiastic Member
09-11-2020, 02:45 PM

I want to get root SHV34, device image (https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/5...165955.jpg), device info (https://www.devicespecifications.com/en/model/38183bec).

I CAN access 9008 mode with "adb reboot edl"
But this phone PREVENT booting into recovery & fastboot, or I'm not sure if these 2 partitions are not presented. I also don't know which programmer file used for it, MSM8996. I also can't find any firmware package of this SHV34 on internet because it is extremely rare.

I'm currently on Android 7.0 ; require Japan VPN or SIM in order to upgrade it.

So is there anyway to backup full firmware of this phone? And what if flash it with modified magisk boot.img?

Thank you.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
09-11-2020, 08:35 PM
(09-11-2020, 02:45 PM)Trần Hiếu I want to get root SHV34, device image (https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/5...165955.jpg), device info (https://www.devicespecifications.com/en/model/38183bec).

But this phone PREVENT booting into recovery & fastboot, or I'm not sure if these 2 partitions are not presented. I also don't know which programmer file used for it, MSM8996. I also can't find any firmware package of this SHV34 on internet because it is extremely rare.

So is there anyway to backup full firmware of this phone? And what if flash it with modified magisk boot.img?

Thank you.

found these online, you can try
for recovery: hold vol up + power button then immediately connect the phone to a charging source. once the phone powers on, you can release power button but keep holding vol up until the phone enters recovery mode.
for fastboot: same procedure as recovery above but use vol down + power button
adb reboot recovery & adb reboot-bootloader should get the device into recovery and fastboot mode though

without the right firehose programmer, you won't be able to backup firmware in edl mode, you could backup if you had a custom recovery OR if you had root using adb dd

flashing magisk boot should get you root access but you must be certain that the boot.img you are using the exact boot.img for the build number on the phone
Trần Hiếu
Trần Hiếu
Trần Hiếu
Enthusiastic Member
10-11-2020, 01:52 AM
(09-11-2020, 08:35 PM)X3non
(09-11-2020, 02:45 PM)Trần Hiếu I want to get root SHV34, device image (https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/5...165955.jpg), device info (https://www.devicespecifications.com/en/model/38183bec).

Thank you.

for recovery: hold vol up + power button then immediately connect the phone to a charging source. once the phone powers on, you can release power button but keep holding vol up until the phone enters recovery mode.
adb reboot recovery & adb reboot-bootloader should get the device into recovery and fastboot mode though

without the right firehose programmer, you won't be able to backup firmware in edl mode, you could backup if you had a custom recovery OR if you had root using adb dd

flashing magisk boot should get you root access but you must be certain that the boot.img you are using the exact boot.img for the build number on the phone

I know these things. Like I said:

"But this phone PREVENT booting into recovery & fastboot."

That means it BLOCK when booting into recovery & fastboot. I try with physical buttons; adb reboot recovery/fastboot => give no result. There is still OEM unlock option available in Developer options. EDL still can be accessed through adb command.

There are also a bunch of MSM8996 firehose files on internet. I'm not sure which one should I pick to be honest.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
10-11-2020, 11:54 AM
(10-11-2020, 01:52 AM)Trần Hiếu
(09-11-2020, 08:35 PM)X3non

Thank you.

I know these things. Like I said:

"But this phone PREVENT booting into recovery & fastboot."

That means it BLOCK when booting into recovery & fastboot. I try with physical buttons; adb reboot recovery/fastboot => give no result. There is still OEM unlock option available in Developer options. EDL still can be accessed through adb command.

There are also a bunch of MSM8996 firehose files on internet. I'm not sure which one should I pick to be honest.

blocking recovery doesn't seem viable, unless your device has no android version updates. recovery mode will be needed to perform android version updates and you mentioned in your OP that the device had an update. not to mention a lot of other things that could be accomplished in recovery mode. be sure that you are using the right combo and that your buttons work properly

blocking fastboot is very possible and has been seen on a number of devices

for firehose files, you'll have to try as many as you can find hoping that one will work for your. there's a possiblity that the OEM uses a custom firehose and none found on the internet will work for your device but there's no way of telling if they did
Trần Hiếu
Trần Hiếu
Trần Hiếu
Enthusiastic Member
11-11-2020, 01:52 AM

So I can't access recovery and fastboot at all. Only EDL, many firehose 9008 show as failed in attempt to access partition table of it. What exactly I can do for now. It is a Japan phone and well known for block all try in tampering the device.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
11-11-2020, 02:57 PM
(11-11-2020, 01:52 AM)Trần Hiếu So I can't access recovery and fastboot at all. Only EDL, many firehose 9008 show as failed in attempt to access partition table of it. What exactly I can do for now. It is a Japan phone and well known for block all try in tampering the device.

if you can't find the right firehose file for the device then safe to say you can't read / write while in edl mode
Trần Hiếu
Trần Hiếu
Trần Hiếu
Enthusiastic Member
11-11-2020, 04:36 PM
(11-11-2020, 02:57 PM)X3non
(11-11-2020, 01:52 AM)Trần Hiếu So I can't access recovery and fastboot at all. Only EDL, many firehose 9008 show as failed in attempt to access partition table of it. What exactly I can do for now. It is a Japan phone and well known for block all try in tampering the device.

if you can't find the right firehose file for the device then safe to say you can't read / write while in edl mode

Thanks for your answer. Btw the device source code is here: http://k-tai.sharp.co.jp/support/develop...#bld020104

Excuse me if it in whole different level of this problem, but is it even possible to build myself Firehose Programmer file based on it? I'm also on 02.01.04 rom ver.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
12-11-2020, 12:43 PM
(11-11-2020, 04:36 PM)Trần Hiếu ...but is it even possible to build myself Firehose Programmer file based on it? I'm also on 02.01.04 rom ver.

No, it is not possible