Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android Infinix hot 4 lite cannot boot after flashing
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Infinix hot 4 lite cannot boot after flashing

Infinix hot 4 lite cannot boot after flashing

Pages (3): Previous 1 2 3 Next
Brainrex123
Brainrex123
Brainrex123
17-11-2020, 07:47 PM

(16-11-2020, 09:37 AM)X3non
(14-11-2020, 10:23 PM)Brainrex123 I wasted a lot of data and money to get the flash files which you guys cant help with.
Now i found out my build number is X557-H807B1E1-M-170405V166 which you guys did not include in your list of stock flash files.

look who's talking, you never even posted the build number of your device! how then do you expect one to help search for an unknown build? i wonder

(14-11-2020, 10:23 PM)Brainrex123 For you info, this is not my first time of using android and when i say stock recovery shows no command dont think i dont know what am saying.

and did you read an comment that says this is your first time using android?
you came here looking for help, if you don't need then no point making aggressive comments

(14-11-2020, 10:24 PM)Brainrex123 And it seems the rooting method here is not for all lite variant so you guys better update the thread.

I have to look else to root my phone.

wrong again, because you can easily root this device any variant using magisk and it's appropriate boot.img
but ofc you know it all Smile
better to ask questions rather than feeling like you know then end up failing and blaming everybody else
First, the rooting method posted did not specify any build number. Get your fact straight. And also the flash files available on this forum is totally different from my own (all of them).

Secondly, you are replying to me as if it was my my first time using android, as i don't know what I was doing.

And thirdly like i said earlier, the method did not specify any build number. If it work would I come here saying it did nit work? Just listen to yourself.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
18-11-2020, 12:09 PM
(17-11-2020, 07:47 PM)Brainrex123 First, the rooting method posted did not specify any build number. Get your fact straight.

wow, this is interesting because i could have sworn we always post build numbers in our root thread / guides. e.g see https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-16321.html
and if you decided to go with using magisk method, then you'd only need to get the boot.img from your device (which would mean you're using files for your exact build). i wonder where you got the method you followed

(17-11-2020, 07:47 PM)Brainrex123 And also the flash files available on this forum is totally different from my own (all of them).

and when you were asked to provide the build number of your device, what reply did you give? you didn't even put up much effort! you can go back and read the replies
mind you, even if your build could not be found it's still very possible that some of the listed firmwares are could be upgrades or downgrades that could possibly work for your build

(17-11-2020, 07:47 PM)Brainrex123 Secondly, you are replying to me as if it was my my first time using android, as i don't know what I was doing.

again, nobody said anything about you been a first timer. you're the one making the assumptions

(17-11-2020, 07:47 PM)Brainrex123 And thirdly like i said earlier, the method did not specify any build number. If it work would I come here saying it did nit work? Just listen to yourself.

and the big question, since this isn't your first time, at least you'll know how important build number is and taking firmware backup before attempting to root
you didn't make a firmware backup (big mistake for one claiming to be a non first timer Smile )
OR again if you couldn't find your build number in the root guide (wherever you saw it), you could have simply asked

you made wrong moves from the very beginning but instead of admitting those, you're here blaming others who tried to help. great work indeed!
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
20-11-2020, 06:21 AM
@Brainrex123 , nobody is calling you a first-timer. We learn everyday.
You made some mistakes from the get-go . All you had to do was ask when you got stuck....and listen to suggestions
You said "how can a particular model of phone have different build number" . That was the Genesis of your mistake. This thing called Build Number is serious business!
We're here to help you and also learn in the process
The blame game doesn't help anybody...at all!
This post was last modified: 20-11-2020, 06:24 AM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Brainrex123
Brainrex123
Brainrex123
21-11-2020, 11:27 AM
(20-11-2020, 06:21 AM)hovatek @Brainrex123 , nobody is calling you a first-timer. We learn everyday.
You made some mistakes from the get-go . All you had to do was ask when you got stuck....and listen to suggestions
You said "how can a particular model of phone have different build number" . That was the Genesis of your mistake. This thing called Build Number is serious business!

I love your reply.

If you go to xda-developers you will see thread like "how to root samsung galaxy note 5 n920c not for any other model" but your thread is "how to root infinix hot 4 lite" then in the contents you say download philz recovery for infinix hot 4 lite. Now tell me who is to blame when you know the hot 4 lite has different variant? I was suprised to see a particular phone moder with different build number.
Brainrex123
Brainrex123
Brainrex123
21-11-2020, 11:32 AM

(20-11-2020, 06:21 AM)hovatek @Brainrex123 , nobody is calling you a first-timer. We learn everyday.

And again, the other man is saying my build number is different because it was updated or downgraded and yet i told him i downloaded all the boot.img and recovery.img of all build number and flash yet the phone did not boot, is that not absurd? I went else where and download the boot and recovery and flash and it came up.
Brainrex123
Brainrex123
Brainrex123
21-11-2020, 11:39 AM
@X3non keep blaming me for your mistakes. I remember telling you i downloaded all different build number files yet it did not boot and u are tell me nonsense saying it would be an updated firmware or downgraded one.
Brainrex123
Brainrex123
Brainrex123
21-11-2020, 11:41 AM
My advice, next time when making thread about a device you know has different model and build number, write a warning that is it for a particular model or build number not to misguild people.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
22-11-2020, 11:28 PM
(21-11-2020, 11:41 AM)Brainrex123 My advice, next time when making thread about a device you know has different model and build number, write a warning that is it for a particular model or build number not to misguild people.

your comments are just laughable, considering that the build numbers of these philz recoveries was actually posted @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-16321.html

(21-11-2020, 11:39 AM)Brainrex123 @X3non keep blaming me for your mistakes. I remember telling you i downloaded all different build number files yet it did not boot and u are tell me nonsense saying it would be an updated firmware or downgraded one.

i also remember replying you to check and verify your build number first, but next thing you did was went straight to flashing every single build you could find. even if you couldn't find your build number in our firmware list, you couldn't point this out? or you couldn't search for it or ask if anyone has it?
about what i said about firmware updates, it's funny how you'd call it nonsense considering you apparently know nothing about build numbers judging from your first post. rather than claiming to know so much take your time and try to learn something new

(21-11-2020, 11:27 AM)Brainrex123 If you go to xda-developers you will see thread like "how to root samsung galaxy note 5 n920c not for any other model" but your thread is "how to root infinix hot 4 lite" then in the contents you say download philz recovery for infinix hot 4 lite. Now tell me who is to blame when you know the hot 4 lite has different variant? I was suprised to see a particular phone moder with different build number.

we've always indicated build numbers in all our root threads, you most certainly missed this in your rush to get root access or thought you had it all figured out after-all it's not your first time
and how can you say you are surprised a model has different build number when build number / variants has been around for years now! you just never stopped to ask questions but proceeded without caution
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
25-11-2020, 07:54 AM
(21-11-2020, 11:27 AM)Brainrex123 I love your reply.

If you go to xda-developers you will see thread like "how to root samsung galaxy note 5 n920c not for any other model" but your thread is "how to root infinix hot 4 lite" then in the contents you say download philz recovery for infinix hot 4 lite. Now tell me who is to blame when you know the hot 4 lite has different variant? I was suprised to see a particular phone moder with different build number.

The build number was clearly stated there, you just didn't bother (or didn't know) what that information was. You goofed, just admit it, no harm in it.
This post was last modified: 25-11-2020, 08:59 AM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
25-11-2020, 08:58 AM

Want to know what you did wrong? Let's re-analyze your case

First off, I would have recommended our magisk guide @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21427.html . The Philz method is OK too.

(08-11-2020, 11:35 AM)Brainrex123 I brick my infinix hot 4 lite when trying to root it following the tutorial from this forum, I install the provided philz recovery and it boot successfully but was unable to mount external sdcard so I could not root it

This sometimes happens (especially on older Transsion devices) when you flash a custom recovery but fail to achieve root before reboot. Its the equivalent of flashing a custom recovery without having disabled dmverity.

Note that the custom recovery did in fact work work (regardless of your build number) since you were able to boot into it. Your phone just got stuck at logo because root wasn't detected.

The fix is simple. Either reboot into Philz and root or flash back stock recovery.img for your build number

So lets see what you did instead

(08-11-2020, 11:35 AM)Brainrex123 I tried install the boot.img and recovery.img but there were different build number so I tried using miracle box to get it but miracle box could not detect my phone. I had to download all the variant boot and recovery img and flash them one after the other but no one work, they all got stuck on the xos logo.

You went ahead to flash files for different build numbers randomly

(10-11-2020, 12:36 PM)Brainrex123 This device appears to be the complicated phone I have ever root, how can a particular model of phone have different build number.

This shows you're not familiar with build numbers and is the origin of your mistakes. You then went on to say

(14-11-2020, 10:23 PM)Brainrex123 Now i found out my build number is X557-H807B1E1-M-170405V166

I don't know how you confirmed this but if it is correct, why didn't you ask or look for files for this build number first? Why flash files for other build numbers?

Summary
The fault isn't even from the Philz custom recovery you're blaming, its clearly from your lack of understanding of build numbers.

Its OK to make mistakes but be humble enough to learn from them

Note!
Pages (3): Previous 1 2 3 Next