Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android I WANT TO ROOT
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

I WANT TO ROOT

I WANT TO ROOT

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
Chinemerem
Chinemerem
Chinemerem
Enthusiastic Member
04-12-2020, 10:10 AM

There's this app called bugjaeger which let's you connect your phone to another phone via USB OTG .

Anyways, I connected my tecno phone to another to root it via magisk using the patched boot method

I patched my boot img and sent it to the other phone , I used the bugjaeger app to send my phone into fastboot,
I used it do the necessary step-by-step commands but when I now tried fastboot flash boot magisk_patched.img, it kept saying command failed, and Because of this my phone has remained unrooted and it's frustrating?

This has happened three times now and I'm getting tired..

I need a solution

What am I doing wrong
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
05-12-2020, 07:15 AM
(04-12-2020, 10:10 AM)Chinemerem There's this app called bugjaeger which let's you connect your phone to another phone via USB OTG .

Anyways, I connected my tecno phone to another to root it via magisk using the patched boot method

I patched my boot img and sent it to the other phone , I used the bugjaeger app to send my phone into fastboot,
I used it do the necessary step-by-step commands but when I now tried fastboot flash boot magisk_patched.img, it kept saying command failed, and Because of this my phone has remained unrooted and it's frustrating?

This has happened three times now and I'm getting tired..

I need a solution

What am I doing wrong

Is your bootloader unlocked?
Hope you know you first need to disable dm verity before flashing modified images

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Chinemerem
Chinemerem
Chinemerem
Enthusiastic Member
05-12-2020, 09:56 PM
Yes my bootloader is unlocked and I enabled usb debugging.

And I unticked the Preserve AVB/Dm-verity option in Magisk Manager
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
07-12-2020, 06:05 AM
(05-12-2020, 09:56 PM)Chinemerem Yes my bootloader is unlocked and I enabled usb debugging.

And I unticked the Preserve AVB/Dm-verity option in Magisk Manager

How did you unlock bootloader? Explain the steps you took.
What is the output of this command when run in that app

Code:

fastboot devices

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Chinemerem
Chinemerem
Chinemerem
Enthusiastic Member
07-12-2020, 12:43 PM

I unlocked my bootloader by going to developer options after tapping my build number 7 times, in the developer options, my device pin was requested before I could unlock the OEM/Bootloader ,so I put my pin and that's how my bootloader was unlocked.

After doing so, I enabled USB debugging too , then I went ahead to plug my phone to another phone via OTG USB.

I opened the bugjaeger app on the other device which is an app that enabled Mobile ADB,
I went to the command section of the app then tapped on Reboot bootloader and immediately, my tecno phone went off and rebooted into fastboot mode ,
Then I typed fastboot devices and it indicated that my phone was recognized
But when I typed fastboot flash boot( the boot img file) it'll try to perform the command but it now say command failed
This has happened for three times now
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
08-12-2020, 09:55 AM
(07-12-2020, 12:43 PM)Chinemerem I unlocked my bootloader by going to developer options after tapping my build number 7 times, in the developer options, my device pin was requested before I could unlock the OEM/Bootloader ,so I put my pin and that's how my bootloader was unlocked.

After doing so, I enabled USB debugging too , then I went ahead to plug my phone to another phone via OTG USB.

I opened the bugjaeger app on the other device which is an app that enabled Mobile ADB,
I went to the command section of the app then tapped on Reboot bootloader and immediately, my tecno phone went off and rebooted into fastboot mode ,
Then I typed fastboot devices and it indicated that my phone was recognized
But when I typed fastboot flash boot( the boot img file) it'll try to perform the command but it now say command failed
This has happened for three times now

From what you've described, I doubt your bootloader is unlocked.
Try these commands:

Code:

fastboot getvar all
fastboot oem device-info

What is the phone model?
You're to unlock bootloader using https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-19578.html

Note!
Chinemerem
Chinemerem
Chinemerem
Enthusiastic Member
08-12-2020, 07:48 PM
Would this wipe away my data?
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
09-12-2020, 09:34 AM
(08-12-2020, 07:48 PM)Chinemerem Would this wipe away my data?

No.
They're to get information about the device

Note!
Chinemerem
Chinemerem
Chinemerem
Enthusiastic Member
09-12-2020, 10:17 AM
But if I proceed to unlock my bootloader via fastboot mode, would it wipe away my data?
Chinemerem
Chinemerem
Chinemerem
Enthusiastic Member
09-12-2020, 08:07 PM

And I'm using a TECNO SPARK 3 (KB7)
Android 8.1
Pages (2): 1 2 Next