Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android Bootloops on Android 11 GSIs
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Bootloops on Android 11 GSIs

Bootloops on Android 11 GSIs

Freescoot
Freescoot
Freescoot
21-01-2021, 09:27 AM

So i have many cheap mtk devices where i used to run 10 GSIs. When Android 11 GSIs started to roll out (even throught i have correct ones) they dont boot. They bootloop even throught i erase userdata or reboot to fastboot. Im using MTKs 6580 and MTKs6592 still same issues. Does anybody know how to get the GSIs to work?
siamese007
siamese007
siamese007
Experienced Member
22-01-2021, 03:56 AM
Hello friend,

First of all, you need to check your phones whether or not they are project treble support.
There are some apps in Play Store that can check this. One is named Treble Check app.
You need to check ARM32 or ARM64 of your phones and A only or A/B of your phones.

Project treble was introduced on Android 8. Most Project treble supported phones are ARM64.
So only phones or most of them that were released with Android 8 are Project treble supported.
A only means your phone can boot only one partition.
A/B means your phone can boot 2 partitions.
My best guess is most phones that launched with Android 10+ or above are A/B.
Therefore you need to download ARM64 A/B GSI.

If your phones are Project treble supported, please try flashing the following GSI ROM.
https://github.com/phhusson/treble_exper...s/releases
Try Android 10 GSI. This GSI has OTA. So when your phones can boot well you can update later.
Please note that this GSI ROMs are built in with SU binary as default.
Your phones may not be able to use Bank apps or any apps that does not allow Root access availability.

This GSI ROM has high possibility to boot on many Project treble supoorted devices.
If your phone cannot boot this one, there is less possibility that other GSI ROMs will boot on your phones.

Hope this helps.
Freescoot
Freescoot
Freescoot
23-01-2021, 10:00 AM
(22-01-2021, 03:56 AM)siamese007 Hello friend,

First of all, you need to check your phones whether or not they are project treble support.
There are some apps in Play Store that can check this. One is named Treble Check app.
You need to check ARM32 or ARM64 of your phones and A only or A/B of your phones.

Project treble was introduced on Android 8. Most Project treble supported phones are ARM64.
So only phones or most of them that were released with Android 8 are Project treble supported.
A only means your phone can boot only one partition.
A/B means your phone can boot 2 partitions.
My best guess is most phones that launched with Android 10+ or above are A/B.
Therefore you need to download ARM64 A/B GSI.

If your phones are Project treble supported, please try flashing the following GSI ROM.
https://github.com/phhusson/treble_exper...s/releases
Try Android 10 GSI. This GSI has OTA. So when your phones can boot well you can update later.
Please note that this GSI ROMs are built in with SU binary as default.
Your phones may not be able to use Bank apps or any apps that does not allow Root access availability.

This GSI ROM has high possibility to boot on many Project treble supoorted devices.
If your phone cannot boot this one, there is less possibility that other GSI ROMs will boot on your phones.

Hope this helps.

Hello im using Android 8.1 GO device with ARM32 A only. Maybe it doesnt boot because 1GB ram