Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Tutorial] How to install driver filter for Mediatek using libusb
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

[Tutorial] How to install driver filter for Mediatek using libusb

[Tutorial] How to install driver filter for Mediatek using libusb

hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
14-03-2021, 07:54 AM

This guide will explain how to use libusb to add a filter for your Mediatek drivers; in this case, Mediatek USB Port.

You might have noticed recent versions of your Mediatek boxes/dongles/tools asking you to install a driver filter. This is based on the Mediatek DA & Auth bypass exploit. It'll also come in handy when using tools like mtk bypass

Requirements

Steps to install a Mediatek driver filter using libusb

Follow the steps below to use libusb to install a driver filter

See the video below or @ https://youtu.be/HP_2VHXCQus

1. Open the bin folder in libusb's installation location

[Image: how-to-filter-mediatek-driver-using-libusb-1.jpg]

2. Open the folder that corresponds to your PC's architecture

[Image: how-to-filter-mediatek-driver-using-libusb-2.jpg]

3. Launch install-filter-win.exe

[Image: how-to-filter-mediatek-driver-using-libusb-3.jpg]

4. Tick Install a device filter then click Next

[Image: how-to-filter-mediatek-driver-using-libusb-4.jpg]

5. Power off the device and get it into BROM mode. This could vary with the device; Volume up, Volume down, Volume up + Volume down, Google assistant key + volume down, Remove battery then Vol up + Power, Remove battery then Vol down + Power ...... then connect it to PC via USB cable

[Image: how-to-filter-mediatek-driver-using-libusb-5.jpg]

6. The device should be detected as Mediatek USB Port. Keep trying different combos till you get this detection

[Image: how-to-filter-mediatek-driver-using-libusb-6.jpg]

7. Quickly highlight Mediatek USB Port then click Install

[Image: how-to-filter-mediatek-driver-using-libusb-7.jpg]

8. You should get a prompt saying it was successful if all went well, click OK. Retry if it fails

[Image: how-to-filter-mediatek-driver-using-libusb-8.jpg]

9. Click Back

[Image: how-to-filter-mediatek-driver-using-libusb-9.jpg]

10. Tick Remove a device filter then click Next

[Image: how-to-filter-mediatek-driver-using-libusb-10.jpg]

11. You should find the filter you just installed.

[Image: how-to-filter-mediatek-driver-using-libusb-11.jpg]

Video Transcript
Quote:In this video tutorial, I'll be explaining how to install a device filter for a Mediatek Android device using libusb. This guide comes in handy for those who are trying to use the MTK bypass... DA and Auth bypaass exploit. You'll have seen a lot of tools asking you to install a filter, they're really based on this exploit. For you to use this thing, you need to first download libusb, I'll link to that and also your Mediatek drivers, I'll link to a guide on how to do that also but I'll just install that quickly. Right click, click on Install, This is a signed driver by the way. Alright, If you've not done that already, this is how to install your drivers. Now, once you've done this, you now go back to libusb. Open the bin folder, then you select based on your PC's architecture. Mine is amd64 bi so you click install-filter-win.exe. Now you leave it on install a device filter and then you click on Next. Leave that ticked. Now, you get your device into VCOM BROM mode.

For some devices, its volume up, for some, its volume down, for some its volume up and down, for some like the LGs, that's the Google assistant key plus volume down key. It could vary, just try all these combinations til you get one. So I'll connect mine quickly. For this device, its volume up and down. Now, Mediatek USB Port, you click on install. You have to be very fast in highlighting and clicking install then you click OK. Now to crosscheck, I'll go to Remove a device filter and there you can see the filter installed. That's how to install a filter for a Mediatek Android device using libusb
This post was last modified: 08-02-2024, 12:06 AM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Chijohn
Chijohn
Chijohn
24-03-2021, 11:37 PM
My libusb usually display mediatek preloader vcom port,instead of mtk usb port.I had hold some buttons according to your tutorial. But still display mediatek preloader vcom. Any remedy in here?
Chijohn
Chijohn
Chijohn
24-03-2021, 11:52 PM
(24-03-2021, 11:37 PM)Chijohn My libusb usually display mediatek preloader vcom port,instead of mtk usb port.I had hold some buttons according to your tutorial. But still display mediatek preloader vcom. Any remedy in here?

Solved.I have to remove all device filters in the list. Thanks.
This post was last modified: 24-03-2021, 11:53 PM by Chijohn.
fsds gdsa
fsds gdsa
fsds gdsa
Enthusiastic Member
24-11-2021, 07:28 AM
Try adding this mtk bypass https://www.officialroms.com/mtk-auth-by...l-version/
to your files, I love you guys am done with everything, now my phone is working fine, only 1 problem, wifi is giving me , "nvram warning err 0x10" I have tried everything on this still, I have try rooting to find the nvram folder, with es files explorer, the folder was no where to be found, am willing to do anything to fix it,

If I met the above posted software I wouldn't have format my phone the first place, it works like magic, I don't wanna keep it to myself,

But try and help me with my last problem, if I have an official number to call you guys I would have call to thank you guys personally,

Please help me with my last request with the nvram warning err 0x10 on my wifi
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
25-11-2021, 07:21 AM

(24-11-2021, 07:28 AM)fsdsĀ gdsa Please help me with my last request with the nvram warning err 0x10 on my wifi

Create a thread for this by clicking Ask Question at the top

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.