Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android MTK phone bricked
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

MTK phone bricked

MTK phone bricked

Pages (6): Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
angelgar
angelgar
angelgar
15-04-2021, 11:24 PM

(15-04-2021, 06:33 PM)siamese007
(15-04-2021, 03:13 PM)angelgar i am trying to do what it says on the getandroidtips link you posted to patch boot.image with Magisc but i'm not sure if i don't understand the correct way of doing the process or not. what i understand is that you need to have the phone working to be able to copy the boot.image file on the phone and i suppose you have to have the magisc maneger on the phone as well but with a hard bricked phone thats not possible. or is there another way, here are the instructions that i read.

How to Extract and Patch Boot.image using Magisk?
First of all, download and extract the ROM to your PC.
Attach your device via USB cable and copy only the boot.img file from the extracted folder to your device storage
Launch Magisk Manager. When a popup appears asking to install Magisk, select INSTALL and choose install again.
Tap on “Patch Boot Image File”.
Navigate to internal storage and select your phone’s boot image that you transferred earlier.
Wait for a couple of seconds. Magisk will start patching the boot image.
Once the boot image has been patched, copy the “patched_boot.img” from the internal storage and replace it in the same extracted ROM folder on your PC.
Now you can follow the second step to flash the patched boot image file

the second step is just flashing the scatter file with sp flash tool .

my problem is that i can't flash the scatter file because it gives me a verification error i actually can flash just the preloader file succesfully but the phone is still dead.
help

I think you read the different website from what I posted. I did not post anything about flashing Magisk or rooting your phone.
Please check out the attached screenshot for the content that I posted.

The link that I posted explain how to flash firmware for your phone. The only thing that this link say about Magisk is in the topic of "Advantages of Stock ROM:" One of the advantages to flash firmware that this link says is "If your device is dead, you can unbrick using Stock ROM file."

you are right sorry i got carried away reading all the diffrent possibilitys to try everything i can.

so i downloaded this stock rom and tried to flash it with sp flash tool but it gives me this error : status_preloader_invalid (0xC0030004) the preloader file format is invalid! please retry another official load.

so maybe getting closer but stuck again any suggestions?
siamese007
siamese007
siamese007
Experienced Member
16-04-2021, 04:52 AM
(15-04-2021, 11:24 PM)angelgar you are right sorry i got carried away reading all the diffrent possibilitys to try everything i can.

so i downloaded this stock rom and tried to flash it with sp flash tool but it gives me this error : status_preloader_invalid (0xC0030004) the preloader file format is invalid! please retry another official load.

Try flashing the firmware from this link below.
https://mega.nz/file/k5gxlKyK#ST_SifiKjl...GCEB8JfTcs

I am not sure whether or not your phone is getting closer to be unbricked. But this is the only way I could think of when my devices bricked.
And this way is the only way that fix it everytime.
There was only one time for my Moto G4 Plus got super hard bricked that it could not even boot boot.img.

Edit 1: I found this link saying the same error that you got.
https://android.stackexchange.com/questi...er-invalid
He said he used the wrong scatter file and fixed this with the correct scatter file.
This probably mean that you are flashing the wrong firmware that is not for your phone.
That's why you got this error.
So you need to find the correct firmware for your phone to solve this error.

Edit 2: And don't forget to choose format all + download to flash your phone.
I believe your phone's partitions have been messed by flashing variety of the incorrect firmwares.
This post was last modified: 16-04-2021, 05:07 AM by siamese007.
Attached Files
.png
2020-12-30 21_42_41-Window.png
Size: 66.85 KB / Downloads: 7
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
16-04-2021, 10:31 AM
(15-04-2021, 11:24 PM)angelgar ...

try the fixes @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-439.html
either the scatter file needs to be modified or you need to tick and include preloader when flashing
angelgar
angelgar
angelgar
16-04-2021, 05:16 PM
(16-04-2021, 04:52 AM)siamese007
(15-04-2021, 11:24 PM)angelgar you are right sorry i got carried away reading all the diffrent possibilitys to try everything i can.

Try flashing the firmware from this link below.
https://mega.nz/file/k5gxlKyK#ST_SifiKjl...GCEB8JfTcs

I am not sure whether or not your phone is getting closer to be unbricked. But this is the only way I could think of when my devices bricked.
And this way is the only way that fix it everytime.
There was only one time for my Moto G4 Plus got super hard bricked that it could not even boot boot.img.

Edit 1: I found this link saying the same error that you got.
https://android.stackexchange.com/questi...er-invalid
He said he used the wrong scatter file and fixed this with the correct scatter file.
This probably mean that you are flashing the wrong firmware that is not for your phone.
That's why you got this error.
So you need to find the correct firmware for your phone to solve this error.

Edit 2: And don't forget to choose format all + download to flash your phone.
I believe your phone's partitions have been messed by flashing variety of the incorrect firmwares.

well i downloaded the firmware from that link and tried to flash it now it comes up with the error i had in the first place with all the other firmwares i tried to flash error : STATUS_SEC_PUBK_AUTH_MISMATCH_N_ (0xC002001B) ( verified boot enabled please download signed image (md1img-verified.img) or disable verified boot)

i don't know what to do.
angelgar
angelgar
angelgar
16-04-2021, 05:59 PM

(16-04-2021, 10:31 AM)X3non
(15-04-2021, 11:24 PM)angelgar ...

try the fixes @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-439.html
either the scatter file needs to be modified or you need to tick and include preloader when flashing

i found the error on the thread well tried to include the preloader when flashing but this firmware has no preloader its missing and also the md1.img - dtbo - and vendor all those files are not in the scatter
so i flashed a preloader from another firmware i had also the number ASW1102YF_2201_T0718 and then flash the firmware that has the missing files but it won't let me( invalid preloader). (because the firmware ASW1102YF_2201_T0718 that i have with all the files and preloader gives me the verified boot enabled error (0xC002001B) when i flash it)
so i read on the thread (Edit the scatter file preferably using Notepad++ or any other good text editor, then change partition name to all lower case e.g PRELOADER to preloader or to match the exact file name in the firmware then save the scatter file)
but i got a bit lost there i have learned a lot here but i don´t know how to do that, but i am not giving up i will look around and try to learn if you know of a link or page where i can read or see how to do somthing like that it would be of help.
siamese007
siamese007
siamese007
Experienced Member
17-04-2021, 09:14 AM
(16-04-2021, 05:16 PM)angelgar well i downloaded the firmware from that link and tried to flash it now it comes up with the error i had in the first place with all the other firmwares i tried to flash error : STATUS_SEC_PUBK_AUTH_MISMATCH_N_ (0xC002001B) ( verified boot enabled please download signed image (md1img-verified.img) or disable verified boot)

i don't know what to do.

The link for your phone's firmware that I posted is from official Oukitel website.
https://oukitel.com/pages/download-center

I think your problem is beyond my experience.
You may need to turn in your phone to Oukitel center for repair before the warrantee expires.
Some suggested to disconnect and reconnect your phone's battery. This may fix your problem.
However doing this will void your phone's warrantee if it still has.
Hope you will find the way to fix your phone problem soon.
angelgar
angelgar
angelgar
17-04-2021, 02:57 PM
After i can't even remember how long i have been trying to flash this phone with the sw ASW1102YF_2201_T0718 OR ASW1102YF_2201_T0735 because thats the SW that comes for oukitel WP6 on the official oukitel page and also on every page i found that had firmware information and to download firmware for oukitel WP6 well i found a screenshot i took of the phone before it bricked ( i will post it )

by what i can see the SW is ASW1102YF_2201_T0745 and not the ones that are on the oficial oukitel page or in the firmware information for (oukitel WP6 ip68 phone )
so i think i have finally reached a brick wall because now that i know the correct firmware i can't seem to find it anywhere not even information about it. i thought i would be able to flash a complete new rom but i can't seem to get ADB to reconize the divece.
well if anyone has any tips or other ideas great.
if not thanks to all who has helped me learn so much.
Attached Files
.jpg
screenshot.jpg
Size: 178.61 KB / Downloads: 5
siamese007
siamese007
siamese007
Experienced Member
17-04-2021, 05:30 PM
(17-04-2021, 02:57 PM)angelgar After i can't even remember how long i have been trying to flash this phone with the sw ASW1102YF_2201_T0718 OR ASW1102YF_2201_T0735 because thats the SW that comes for oukitel WP6 on the official oukitel page and also on every page i found that had firmware information and to download firmware for oukitel WP6 well i found a screenshot i took of the phone before it bricked ( i will post it )

by what i can see the SW is ASW1102YF_2201_T0745 and not the ones that are on the oficial oukitel page or in the firmware information for (oukitel WP6 ip68 phone )
so i think i have finally reached a brick wall because now that i know the correct firmware i can't seem to find it anywhere not even information about it. i thought i would be able to flash a complete new rom but i can't seem to get ADB to reconize the divece.

First of all I am glad you could find your model number or ID number for your phone.
However I couldn't find firmware for your specific model number either.

I was about to say that your phone seems like from Chinese manufacturers.
Because "the firmware difficulty" is one of the obvious characteristics of Chinese devices.
Each model number has its own firmware that cannot be compatible with each other.
What an ""amazing"" characteristic. I experienced this difficulty when I was using Teclast tablets.
I found Stock firmwares for my tablets but different model numbers but these firmwares caused issues for my devices.
Until I found the firmware for my specific model number, all of these issuese solved like a charm.

So you may wanna contact Oukitel center to fix your problem.
If the warrantee is still valid, you should be free of charges to have them fix your phone.
angelgar
angelgar
angelgar
17-04-2021, 11:30 PM
(17-04-2021, 05:30 PM)siamese007
(17-04-2021, 02:57 PM)angelgar After i can't even remember how long i have been trying to flash this phone with the sw ASW1102YF_2201_T0718 OR ASW1102YF_2201_T0735 because thats the SW that comes for oukitel WP6 on the official oukitel page and also on every page i found that had firmware information and to download firmware for oukitel WP6 well i found a screenshot i took of the phone before it bricked ( i will post it )

First of all I am glad you could find your model number or ID number for your phone.
However I couldn't find firmware for your specific model number either.

I was about to say that your phone seems like from Chinese manufacturers.
Because "the firmware difficulty" is one of the obvious characteristics of Chinese devices.
Each model number has its own firmware that cannot be compatible with each other.
What an ""amazing"" characteristic. I experienced this difficulty when I was using Teclast tablets.
I found Stock firmwares for my tablets but different model numbers but these firmwares caused issues for my devices.
Until I found the firmware for my specific model number, all of these issuese solved like a charm.

So you may wanna contact Oukitel center to fix your problem.
If the warrantee is still valid, you should be free of charges to have them fix your phone.

i have tried to get in touch with oukitel but i am having trouble because they are asking for purchase number when i bought it but i didn't buy it through oukitel i bought it online but on another web page so i suppose thats why they are not answering but i will keep trying.
anyway thanks for your time and help.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
19-04-2021, 10:09 AM

(17-04-2021, 11:30 PM)angelgar ...

ASW1102YF_2201_T0718
this firmware is the firmware with preloader and other files but gives the -verified error when flashing right?
and according to one of your earlier post, you were able to flash preloader from this firmware ; the post @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-386...#pid212070

attach a full screenshot of the contents of this particular firmware ; upload the image to imgur.com
also try flashing each file one after the other then note the files that give the -verified error message

BTW seeing as your phone isn't totally dead, you should make a firmware dump ; see https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21970.html
This post was last modified: 19-04-2021, 10:14 AM by X3non.
Pages (6): Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next