Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android problem with IMEI fix
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

problem with IMEI fix

problem with IMEI fix

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
angelgar
angelgar
angelgar
12-05-2021, 04:25 PM

Hello to all,
i am having trouble trying to put my IMEI on the phone first some info.
i have a oukitel WP6 model ip68 Media Tek MT6771t i had problems with the phone so i flashed it unsuccesfully in many ocasions untill i was finally able to flash the correct frimware with the correct version sp flash tool any way the problem is the IMEI also got wiped off i do have the original IMEI numbers on a screen shot but i have tried to put them on the phone in many ways with no succes, first i tried with engineering mode but i can't get the CDS information to show the phone is not rooted so installed mtk engineering mode apk and many other tools like mobile uncle but still can't see CDS information in engineering mode.

so i tried with other tools on the laptop like trying to write the IMEI back on the phone with Modem Meta method and
Maui META method but i have the same problem with both when i try to connect the phone powered of it then reconizes the phone but instead of conecting the battery starts charging i diconect and conect once and again and again but always the same charging icon on the phone and Maui Meta nor Modem Meta conects to it i thought it would be a driver problem so downloaded and intaled manualy Mediatek CDC drivers but same problem i downloaded Android VCOM drivers but in the folder there is only (xp, vista and windows 7 )drivers y am using windows 10 so i didn't install any of these.
i also tried SN Write Tool (SN Writer) method but i can't get the MD1_DB file (usually named like BPLGUInfoCustomAppSrcP_MT65**.....) like it says on the tutorial.

i still can't connect my phone to any of the tools, i tried uninstalling all mtk drivers with usb deview then restarted laptop ( just in case) then installed Auto Mediatek USB VCOM Drivers Signed still same problem when i connect the phone the charging logo comes up on the phone and the tool just keeps trying to connect but nothing and after a little while i get the popup message at the bottom right hand corner windows saying (last usb device you connected to this computer malfuncioned and windows does not recognise it windows explorer)

so i uninstall again and try to install manually after Disabaling driver signature enforcement but still the same problem i am going crazy i can't believe i have gotten this far and now because of a driver problem i can't fix the IMEI i don't even need i new IMEI i have the original ones on a screenshot. help what am i doing wrong?? if i was able to flash the phone with sp flash tool why doesn't Modem Meta or Maui Meta connect to the phone?
i even can connect the phone turned on to the laptop and access the internal storage of the phone so i know the usb is working correctly.

any help would be very apriciated.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
13-05-2021, 10:59 AM
(12-05-2021, 04:25 PM)angelgar Hello to all,
i have a oukitel WP6 model ip68 Media Tek MT6771t i had problems with the phone so i flashed it unsuccesfully in many ocasions untill i was finally able to flash the correct frimware with the correct version sp flash tool any way the problem is the IMEI also got wiped off i do have the original IMEI numbers on a screen shot but i have tried to put them on the phone in many ways with no succes, first i tried with engineering mode but i can't get the CDS information to show the phone is not rooted so installed mtk engineering mode apk and many other tools like mobile uncle but still can't see CDS information in engineering mode.

so i tried with other tools on the laptop like trying to write the IMEI back on the phone with Modem Meta method and
Maui META method but i have the same problem with both when i try to connect the phone powered of it then reconizes the phone but instead of conecting the battery starts charging i diconect and conect once and again and again but always the same charging icon on the phone and Maui Meta nor Modem Meta conects to it i thought it would be a driver problem so downloaded and intaled manualy Mediatek CDC drivers but same problem i downloaded Android VCOM drivers but in the folder there is only (xp, vista and windows 7 )drivers y am using windows 10 so i didn't install any of these.
i also tried SN Write Tool (SN Writer) method but i can't get the MD1_DB file (usually named like BPLGUInfoCustomAppSrcP_MT65**.....) like it says on the tutorial.

i still can't connect my phone to any of the tools, i tried uninstalling all mtk drivers with usb deview then restarted laptop ( just in case) then installed Auto Mediatek USB VCOM Drivers Signed still same problem when i connect the phone the charging logo comes up on the phone and the tool just keeps trying to connect but nothing and after a little while i get the popup message at the bottom right hand corner windows saying (last usb device you connected to this computer malfuncioned and windows does not recognise it windows explorer)

so i uninstall again and try to install manually after Disabaling driver signature enforcement but still the same problem i am going crazy i can't believe i have gotten this far and now because of a driver problem i can't fix the IMEI i don't even need i new IMEI i have the original ones on a screenshot. help what am i doing wrong?? if i was able to flash the phone with sp flash tool why doesn't Modem Meta or Maui Meta connect to the phone?
i even can connect the phone turned on to the laptop and access the internal storage of the phone so i know the usb is working correctly.

in engineering mode, do you have the option "logging and debugging > ATCI" ?
when connecting to modem meta and the likes, hope you are not holding any buttons on the phone? if no then try using a different PC or different usb cable
angelgar
angelgar
angelgar
13-05-2021, 03:23 PM
(13-05-2021, 10:59 AM)X3non
(12-05-2021, 04:25 PM)angelgar Hello to all,

in engineering mode, do you have the option "logging and debugging > ATCI" ?
when connecting to modem meta and the likes, hope you are not holding any buttons on the phone? if no then try using a different PC or different usb cable

yes in engineering mode i do have the option logging and debugging ( i don't know what " ATCI " is )

(when connecting to modem meta and the likes, hope you are not holding any buttons on the phone?) no i don't hold any buttons i did have an isue in the past with the volume down button being stuck but that is fixed now.

i don't have the opcion of trying a diffrent pc but i have tried a diffrent usb cable and still not conecting to Modem Meta but somthing diffrent has happened, when i tried to conect this time again the charging logo comes up on the phone then it disapeares so left it a while longer trying to conect and i got the message (Boot Meta mode procedure failure it cannot find the Preloader/BROM COM port to boot meta mode for sp_BROM handshake )
i tried it a few times and i also realized that when i try to turn the phone back on just to check if it still boots, i have to hold the power button much longer than usual for the phone to turn on after that i can turn it on and off as usual.
i imagine it must be a driver problem so here is my question when i install manually the (Hovatek) Media Tek SP Drivers v2.0 signed in the CDC file there is cdc-acm when i choose that it gives me many diffrent drivers to install (Media Tek DA USB VCOM (Android) , Media Tek ETS port, Media Tek Modem port, Media Tek PreLoader USB VCOM (Android), Media Tek USB port, Media Tek Preloader USB VCOM (Android) and Media Tek Modem port ) so install them all could that be the problem am i missing one maybe?
i also tried installing the driver_Auto_Installer_SP_Drivers_20160804 but when i auto install then i look for the drivers in the administrader there not there when i install them manually they are there but with the code 10 error.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
14-05-2021, 03:52 PM
(13-05-2021, 03:23 PM)angelgar yes in engineering mode i do have the option logging and debugging ( i don't know what " ATCI " is )

you're to open logging & debugging and look for atci option

(13-05-2021, 03:23 PM)angelgar ...
i imagine it must be a driver problem so here is my question when i install manually the (Hovatek) Media Tek SP Drivers v2.0 signed in the CDC file there is cdc-acm when i choose that it gives me many diffrent drivers to install (Media Tek DA USB VCOM (Android) , Media Tek ETS port, Media Tek Modem port, Media Tek PreLoader USB VCOM (Android), Media Tek USB port, Media Tek Preloader USB VCOM (Android) and Media Tek Modem port ) so install them all could that be the problem am i missing one maybe?

right click on the inf file then select install, it'll install all the drivers it needs to install

(13-05-2021, 03:23 PM)angelgar i also tried installing the driver_Auto_Installer_SP_Drivers_20160804 but when i auto install then i look for the drivers in the administrader there not there when i install them manually they are there but with the code 10 error.

the auto installer contains signed drivers so no code 10 error, while the manual drivers are unsigned
angelgar
angelgar
angelgar
14-05-2021, 04:35 PM

(14-05-2021, 03:52 PM)X3non
(13-05-2021, 03:23 PM)angelgar yes in engineering mode i do have the option logging and debugging ( i don't know what " ATCI " is )

you're to open logging & debugging and look for atci option

(13-05-2021, 03:23 PM)angelgar ...

right click on the inf file then select install, it'll install all the drivers it needs to install

(13-05-2021, 03:23 PM)angelgar i also tried installing the driver_Auto_Installer_SP_Drivers_20160804 but when i auto install then i look for the drivers in the administrader there not there when i install them manually they are there but with the code 10 error.

the auto installer contains signed drivers so no code 10 error, while the manual drivers are unsigned

yes i do have atci opcion when i tap on it there is 3 more optiones ( enable atci once, always enable atci and disable atci ) i taped on activate once and still don't have the cds information opcion on conectivity, now there is a triangle in the notifications at the top of the phone that says ATCI service . maybe i should disable? i didn't want to touch too much before you tell me to just in case.

when i click on the info file with right button and install it seems to work but when i go to device maneger they are not there there is no port (COM and LPT) is that normal?

should i maybe root the phone and try a diffrent way to input IMIE?

thanks for your help and pacientsSmile
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
15-05-2021, 10:47 AM
(14-05-2021, 04:35 PM)angelgar yes i do have atci opcion when i tap on it there is 3 more optiones ( enable atci once, always enable atci and disable atci ) i taped on activate once and still don't have the cds information opcion on conectivity, now there is a triangle in the notifications at the top of the phone that says ATCI service . maybe i should disable? i didn't want to touch too much before you tell me to just in case.

you can try writing imei using putty
select the option to enable atci once
your device should be detected in device manager, take note of the com port
make a putty connection ; a good example using the video @ https://youtu.be/dXtFGeg9d3E?t=204
you're to write imei using the same AT commands as used in the engineering mode method @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-116.html
angelgar
angelgar
angelgar
15-05-2021, 05:41 PM
(15-05-2021, 10:47 AM)X3non
(14-05-2021, 04:35 PM)angelgar yes i do have atci opcion when i tap on it there is 3 more optiones ( enable atci once, always enable atci and disable atci ) i taped on activate once and still don't have the cds information opcion on conectivity, now there is a triangle in the notifications at the top of the phone that says ATCI service . maybe i should disable? i didn't want to touch too much before you tell me to just in case.

you can try writing imei using putty
select the option to enable atci once
your device should be detected in device manager, take note of the com port
make a putty connection ; a good example using the video @ https://youtu.be/dXtFGeg9d3E?t=204
you're to write imei using the same AT commands as used in the engineering mode method @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-116.html

i tried with putty i enabled atci once looked at port it was port com12 ran putty typed ( at ) it gave me ok then typed AT+EGMR=1,7,"IMEI1" and got, ( +CME ERROR: 100 ) so i tried again with the space AT+ EGMR=" here my imie number" and got same error
i even tried typing AT+EGMR=1,7,my imei without the " " same error
am i writing the correct comands?
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
17-05-2021, 01:06 PM
(15-05-2021, 05:41 PM)angelgar i tried with putty i enabled atci once looked at port it was port com12 ran putty typed ( at ) it gave me ok then typed AT+EGMR=1,7,"IMEI1" and got, ( +CME ERROR: 100 ) so i tried again with the space AT+ EGMR=" here my imie number" and got same error

try to attach a screenshot of the command you sent and the response you received
the command should be as it is in the engineering mode method, try with and without the extra space
angelgar
angelgar
angelgar
17-05-2021, 02:20 PM
(17-05-2021, 01:06 PM)X3non
(15-05-2021, 05:41 PM)angelgar i tried with putty i enabled atci once looked at port it was port com12 ran putty typed ( at ) it gave me ok then typed AT+EGMR=1,7,"IMEI1" and got, ( +CME ERROR: 100 ) so i tried again with the space AT+ EGMR=" here my imie number" and got same error

try to attach a screenshot of the command you sent and the response you received
the command should be as it is in the engineering mode method, try with and without the extra space

here i attach a screenshot.i tried both ways and got the same error.
Attached Files
.jpg
SCREEN.jpg
Size: 184.18 KB / Downloads: 13
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
17-05-2021, 07:37 PM

(17-05-2021, 02:20 PM)angelgar here i attach a screenshot.i tried both ways and got the same error.

your command is wrong though, it's 1,7 not 1.7 ; i.e a comma instead of the dot sign
This post was last modified: 17-05-2021, 07:39 PM by X3non.
Pages (2): 1 2 Next