Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Unknown USB port reset failed
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Unknown USB port reset failed

Unknown USB port reset failed

kelvinchinedu
kelvinchinedu
kelvinchinedu
Contributor
16-05-2021, 09:04 PM

I will be very happy if someone will help me solve this .how can I fix unknown USB port reset failed on my PC windows 10 when I b am on fastboot.i can't even update the port reset failed,on my device manager.i have uninstall the driver,format my PC, troubleshooting,.pls help my because this issue make my Android not to be recognize when boot my Android to fastboot mode.only getting unknown USB port reset failed instead of getting bootloader or Android on device manager.am using a phone with a type C USB cable.
I really need help.u can as well tell me windows version that I can as well use because this issue is now the hardest thing I have face in technical way
This post was last modified: 17-05-2021, 07:34 AM by kelvinchinedu.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
17-05-2021, 06:13 PM
(16-05-2021, 09:04 PM)kelvinchinedu I will be very happy if someone will help me solve this .how can I fix unknown USB port reset failed on my PC windows 10 when I b am on fastboot.i can't even update the port reset failed,on my device manager.i have uninstall the driver,format my PC, troubleshooting,.pls help my because this issue make my Android not to be recognize when boot my Android to fastboot mode.only getting unknown USB port reset failed instead of getting bootloader or Android on device manager.am using a phone with a type C USB cable.
I really need help.u can as well tell me windows version that I can as well use because this issue is now the hardest thing I have face in technical way

are you able to get proper adb detection when the phone is in home screen?
have you tried using a different USB cable?
kelvinchinedu
kelvinchinedu
kelvinchinedu
Contributor
17-05-2021, 07:43 PM
Yes , when I run adb devices,
I have use different cable
Or is it my phone use type c cable?
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
18-05-2021, 02:31 PM
(17-05-2021, 07:43 PM)kelvinchinedu Yes , when I run adb devices,
I have use different cable
Or is it my phone use type c cable?

try the fixes @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-17105.html ; start by checking that it's detected in device manager and update the drivers is needed, if its not then you should check the USB cable / port
kelvinchinedu
kelvinchinedu
kelvinchinedu
Contributor
18-05-2021, 07:03 PM

My phone got detected but all I can see is unknown USB port reset failed my device manager with a yellow mark and the funny part is I can't update it .
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
19-05-2021, 12:25 PM
(18-05-2021, 07:03 PM)kelvinchinedu My phone got detected but all I can see is unknown USB port reset failed my device manager with a yellow mark and the funny part is I can't update it .

when you right click, there's no option to update?
did you try a different usb cable or different pc?
kelvinchinedu
kelvinchinedu
kelvinchinedu
Contributor
19-05-2021, 08:32 PM
I haven't try different PC because I don't have another pc .I have use different usb
kelvinchinedu
kelvinchinedu
kelvinchinedu
Contributor
19-05-2021, 08:34 PM
There option to update the driver,but I always get frustrated with the encountered problem updating the driver
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
24-05-2021, 10:11 AM
(19-05-2021, 08:34 PM)kelvinchinedu There option to update the driver,but I always get frustrated with the encountered problem updating the driver

Share screenshots of the errors and try different ports on your PC

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.