Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Gionee s10 6gb ram 64gb in build is not connecting to pc
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Gionee s10 6gb ram 64gb in build is not connecting to pc

Gionee s10 6gb ram 64gb in build is not connecting to pc

Mayheptad
Mayheptad
Mayheptad
Enthusiastic Member
14-07-2021, 02:35 AM

Hello hovatek. I bought a gionee s10 today from a friend, so I tried to connect it to my laptop via USB cable but the laptop did not detect the phone. It's just charging.
I enable developer option and USB debugging still it's not working. I lay my hands on some mtk driver over the internet and I installed it manually via device manager still d PC is not detecting the phone, whereas other Android phone are been detected by this same PC with the same USB cord.
What could be the issue. I once had an infinite zero 3 with this same issue which an engineer told me it's almost a general ice issue with zero 3, that the phone can never be detected by a PC. Does it means this gionee too has an ice issue, or there are some setting/driver I need to install ??
This post was last modified: 14-07-2021, 02:37 AM by Mayheptad.
Mayheptad
Mayheptad
Mayheptad
Enthusiastic Member
14-07-2021, 02:42 AM
Hello hovatek. I bought a gionee s10 today from a friend, so I tried to connect it to my laptop via USB cable but the laptop did not detect the phone. It's just charging.
I enable developer option and USB debugging still it's not working. I lay my hands on some mtk driver over the internet and I installed it manually via device manager still d PC is not detecting the phone, whereas other Android phone are been detected by this same PC with the same USB cord.
What could be the issue. I once had an infinite zero 3 with this same issue which an engineer told me it's almost a general ice issue with zero 3, that the phone can never be detected by a PC. Does it means this gionee too has an ice issue, or there are some setting/driver I need to install ??
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
14-07-2021, 10:28 AM
(14-07-2021, 02:35 AM)Mayheptad Hello hovatek. I bought a gionee s10 today from a friend, so I tried to connect it to my laptop via USB cable but the laptop did not detect the phone. It's just charging.

what exactly are you trying to achieve? because if you installed mtk drivers then the phone should be connected to the pc while switched off for mtk driver to kick in
you can check device manager on the PC and see what new item shows up whenever you connect a device
Mayheptad
Mayheptad
Mayheptad
Enthusiastic Member
15-07-2021, 04:35 AM
Thanks, @x3non, I am a flutter/DART developer. I build an android and ios mobile app.
to be able to install my app directly from my pc to the physical android phone the phone need to be connected to the pc and also USB debugging must be turn on and the USB configuration must be set to Media Transfer Protocol.
am not trying to flash any firmware/custom or stock ROM.
The device needs to be On for this to work. my problem is the phone is not been detected by the Pc, so I cannot transfer files from the pc to the phone or from phone to pc. Once I plugged it into the PC it will just be charging
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
15-07-2021, 10:55 AM

(15-07-2021, 04:35 AM)Mayheptad Thanks, @x3non, I am a flutter/DART developer. I build an android and ios mobile app.
to be able to install my app directly from my pc to the physical android phone the phone need to be connected to the pc and also USB debugging must be turn on and the USB configuration must be set to Media Transfer Protocol.
The device needs to be On for this to work. my problem is the phone is not been detected by the Pc, so I cannot transfer files from the pc to the phone or from phone to pc. Once I plugged it into the PC it will just be charging

check device manager while the phone is connecting to the PC, check if there's a detection and if the driver is properly installed
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
16-07-2021, 06:38 AM
(15-07-2021, 04:35 AM)Mayheptad Thanks, @x3non, I am a flutter/DART developer. I build an android and ios mobile app.

Have you tried https://www.hovatek.com/blog/how-to-fix-...indows-pc/ ?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
kelvinchinedu
kelvinchinedu
kelvinchinedu
Contributor
15-08-2021, 06:23 PM
If u can open ur device manager and noticed that the phone is detect as mtp ,update it by going to C drive/windows/INF/wtpusb.