Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android TWRP Blu G9 Pro - Unable to mount data
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

TWRP Blu G9 Pro - Unable to mount data

TWRP Blu G9 Pro - Unable to mount data

tuffasagong
tuffasagong
tuffasagong
20-07-2021, 01:46 AM

Okay, so I firstly was unable to mount system and it would say no OS installed when restarting. I checked the mount points and edited the system mount point in the twrp.fstab and no longer have the problem. The /data mount point looks correct per the stock recovery here is the stock recovery:
# 138 "vendor/mediatek/proprietary/hardware/fstab/mt6771/fstab.in.mt6771"
/dev/block/platform/bootdevice/by-name/userdata /data ext4 noatime,nosuid,nodev,noauto_da_alloc,errors=panic wait,check,formattable,quota,resize,reservedsize=128m,forcefdeorfbe=/dev/block/platform/bootdevice/by-name/metadata
and TWRP
/data ext4 /dev/block/platform/bootdevice/by-name/userdata flags=fileencryption=aes-256-cts
So basically the only issue is that the data partition cannot be mounted. I tried the edit adding encryptable into fstab.** even though on this phone it said forcefdeorfbe and not forceencrypt. I cannot install no-verity-opt-encrypt so not quite sure what is left to do to get the /data partition to mount.
It is running android 10 and I used the 1.7a version of your program to compile the twrp recovery.
Thank you all for your help and this wonderful program.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
21-07-2021, 11:32 AM
(20-07-2021, 01:46 AM)tuffasagong ... I tried the edit adding encryptable into fstab.** even though on this phone it said forcefdeorfbe and not forceencrypt. I cannot install no-verity-opt-encrypt so not quite sure what is left to do to get the /data partition to mount...

you still need to format /data partition in order to remove the current encryption, modifying fstab prevents /data from been encrypted at every factory reset it doesn't remove the current encryption
tuffasagong
tuffasagong
tuffasagong
21-07-2021, 02:52 PM
(21-07-2021, 11:32 AM)X3non you still need to format /data partition in order to remove the current encryption, modifying fstab prevents /data from been encrypted at every factory reset it doesn't remove the current encryption
Thank you for the reply and help. Will back up my apps and do that. Appreciate everything. Consider the thread resolved. Thanks!