Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Tutorial] How to fix the Zero file, no space left on device! error in MTK droid tools
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Tutorial] How to fix the Zero file, no space left on device! error in MTK droid tools

[Tutorial] How to fix the Zero file, no space left on device! error in MTK droid tools

hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
18-04-2015, 10:17 AM

[Image: Zero-file-no-space-left-on-device.gif]

For those who don't know how to make an MTK droid tools backup, see the guide @ http://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-468.html

During backup, MTK droid tools also saves a Nandroid backup to the SD card of the phone (apart from the MTK backup saved to MTK droid tools / backups folder) and this is saved to the clockworkmod/backup/ folder. If there's not enough space to contain the Nandroid backup on the phone's SD card, you'll get the "Zero file, no space left on device!" and the MTK droid tools backup will fail.
To fix this, close MTK droid tools and ensure there's an SD card in the phone with enough free storage space (at least 5GB free to be on a safe side) then repeat the procedure. 

Note: 
* If you still get this error despite having enough space on the SD card then its possible the Nandroid backup is being saved to the Phone memory instead of SD card so ensure it also has sufficient free storage space
* Install Busybox on the phone
This post was last modified: 11-08-2015, 06:57 PM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
doron
doron
doron
Enthusiastic Member
03-01-2016, 09:38 AM
Hi,

I keep getting this " Zero file, no space left on device!" error.

I have plenty of space left on my device.

Please see the attached files. I tried to gather as much info as i could.

(18-04-2015, 10:17 AM)hovatek [Image: Zero-file-no-space-left-on-device.gif]

For those who don't know how to make an MTK droid tools backup, see the guide @ http://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-468.html

During backup, MTK droid tools also saves a Nandroid backup to the SD card of the phone (apart from the MTK backup saved to MTK droid tools / backups folder) and this is saved to the clockworkmod/backup/ folder. If there's not enough space to contain the Nandroid backup on the phone's SD card, you'll get the "Zero file, no space left on device!" and the MTK droid tools backup will fail.
To fix this, close MTK droid tools and ensure there's an SD card in the phone with enough free storage space (at least 5GB free to be on a safe side) then repeat the procedure. 

Note: 
* If you still get this error despite having enough space on the SD card then its possible the Nandroid backup is being saved to the Phone memory instead of SD card so ensure it also has sufficient free storage space
Attached Files
.png
Screenshot_2016-01-03-09-21-26.png
Size: 247.66 KB / Downloads: 29
.png
Screenshot_2016-01-03-09-21-38.png
Size: 202.75 KB / Downloads: 19
.png
Screenshot_2016-01-03-09-21-44.png
Size: 229.17 KB / Downloads: 13
.png
Screenshot_2016-01-03-09-21-52.png
Size: 300.66 KB / Downloads: 18
.jpg
info1.jpg
Size: 76.06 KB / Downloads: 20
doron
doron
doron
Enthusiastic Member
03-01-2016, 09:42 AM
Here is the rest of the info/log files.

(03-01-2016, 09:38 AM)doron Hi,

I keep getting this " Zero file, no space left on device!" error.

I have plenty of space left on my device.

Please see the attached files. I tried to gather as much info as i could.

(18-04-2015, 10:17 AM)hovatek [Image: Zero-file-no-space-left-on-device.gif]

Note: 
Attached Files
.png
info2.png
Size: 15.57 KB / Downloads: 29
.png
info3.png
Size: 20.28 KB / Downloads: 20
.zip
log.zip
Size: 95.73 KB / Downloads: 22
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
03-01-2016, 08:36 PM
(03-01-2016, 09:42 AM)doron Here is the rest of the info/log files.

the partitions might be too large.
try using the method @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-526.html

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.