Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] Alcatel One Touch Pop C7 (7041x) Bricked after flashing custom rom
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] Alcatel One Touch Pop C7 (7041x) Bricked after flashing custom rom

[Please help] Alcatel One Touch Pop C7 (7041x) Bricked after flashing custom rom

danielmoreiram
danielmoreiram
06-05-2015, 12:32 AM

I tried flashing a ROM on my device. I rooted the phone using a chinese app (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gt7km3QlJUc), then installed CWM, SuperSu and installed the rom. It worked. However, when checking file manager I couldn't see my phone's internal storage. In addition, SuperSu wasn unable to start, it said it was missing binaries and that it was a problem, something like that.
I was trying to find solutions and the next thing I know the phone is turned off and wouldn't turn on. I guess it bricked...
I searched about it and I tried to follow a method to revive the phone by using SP Flash Tools but came across a lot of problems and I am still not able to turn it on.
I downloaded a stock rom and followed a spanish tutorial and I was able to flash the Preloader (i dont even know how :S) but now I can't flash the rest. The phone is detected but it takes a while and after it does, it just keeps connecting and disconnecting (which seems to be a common error in this situation) so I assume it's something about the drivers or the custom Rom I downloaded.
I keep getting this error:
BROM ERROR : S_FT_ENABLE_DRAM_FAIL (4032) [EMI] Enable DRAM fail

Any help please? I don't know what else to do. Thanks in advance.
This post was last modified: 06-05-2015, 03:00 AM by danielmoreiram.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
06-05-2015, 06:32 AM
(06-05-2015, 12:32 AM)danielmoreiram I tried flashing a ROM on my device. I rooted the phone using a chinese app (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gt7km3QlJUc), then installed CWM, SuperSu and installed the rom. It worked. However, when checking file manager I couldn't see my phone's internal storage. In addition, SuperSu wasn unable to start, it said it was missing binaries and that it was a problem, something like that.
I was trying to find solutions and the next thing I know the phone is turned off and wouldn't turn on. I guess it bricked...
I searched about it and I tried to follow a method to revive the phone by using SP Flash Tools but came across a lot of problems and I am still not able to turn it on.
I downloaded a stock rom and followed a spanish tutorial and I was able to flash the Preloader (i dont even know how :S) but now I can't flash the rest. The phone is detected but it takes a while and after it does, it just keeps connecting and disconnecting (which seems to be a common error in this situation) so I assume it's something about the drivers or the custom Rom I downloaded.

error 4032 is a mismatch error. are you certain that this ROM you're trying to flash is for your exact phone model?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
danielmoreiram
danielmoreiram
06-05-2015, 04:15 PM
(06-05-2015, 06:32 AM)hovatek
(06-05-2015, 12:32 AM)danielmoreiram I tried flashing a ROM on my device. I rooted the phone using a chinese app (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gt7km3QlJUc), then installed CWM, SuperSu and installed the rom. It worked. However, when checking file manager I couldn't see my phone's internal storage. In addition, SuperSu wasn unable to start, it said it was missing binaries and that it was a problem, something like that.

error 4032 is a mismatch error. are you certain that this ROM you're trying to flash is for your exact phone model?

Hi thanks for your reply. I downloaded the ROM from the needrom site. It looks ok. ALthough when i select the scatter file it doesn't mark all the options as i woudl expect, like custpack, etc. I attached a file so you can see.

It seems to me the problem is with the drivers because the phone keeps connecting and disconnecting incessantly and im supposed to get it in META mode where this wouldn't happen.

Any insights? Thanks in advance
Attached Files
.png
Capturar.PNG
Size: 52.57 KB / Downloads: 15
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
06-05-2015, 05:55 PM
(06-05-2015, 04:15 PM)danielmoreiram Hi thanks for your reply. I downloaded the ROM from the needrom site. It looks ok. ALthough when i select the scatter file it doesn't mark all the options as i woudl expect, like custpack, etc. I attached a file so you can see.

It seems to me the problem is with the drivers because the phone keeps connecting and disconnecting incessantly and im supposed to get it in META mode where this wouldn't happen.

for connecting / disconnecting, try charging the battery (use an external charger if removable)
you might also need to reinstall vcom drivers. to do this

* uninstall all mediatek and vcom drivers using USB deview @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-440.html
* go to device manager
* connect the phone to pc
* the device should now appear in device manager
* right-click the item the device appeared as then click update driver
* select the vcom driver you downloaded in step 1 above then click next to install

try flashing the files again

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
danielmoreiram
danielmoreiram
06-05-2015, 07:24 PM

(06-05-2015, 05:55 PM)hovatek
(06-05-2015, 04:15 PM)danielmoreiram Hi thanks for your reply. I downloaded the ROM from the needrom site. It looks ok. ALthough when i select the scatter file it doesn't mark all the options as i woudl expect, like custpack, etc. I attached a file so you can see.

for connecting / disconnecting, try charging the battery (use an external charger if removable)
you might also need to reinstall vcom drivers. to do this

* uninstall all mediatek and vcom drivers using USB deview @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-440.html
* go to device manager
* connect the phone to pc
* the device should now appear in device manager
* right-click the item the device appeared as then click update driver
* select the vcom driver you downloaded in step 1 above then click next to install

try flashing the files again

I think the connecting/disconnecting issue is due to a driver problem.
I succeeded in flashing the preloader the first time I did it, but now I always get the same error when trying to flash the rest of the items...

I couldn't flash anything now because the phone just keeps connecting/disconnecting. Besides, when I plug the phone to the PC it takes a while for it to be recognized and it didn't happen before I succeeded in flashing the Preloader... I really dont know where to begin now, I tried reinstalling the drivers numerous times and it won't work.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
06-05-2015, 09:34 PM
(06-05-2015, 07:24 PM)danielmoreiram I couldn't flash anything now because the phone just keeps connecting/disconnecting. Besides, when I plug the phone to the PC it takes a while for it to be recognized and it didn't happen before I succeeded in flashing the Preloader... I really dont know where to begin now, I tried reinstalling the drivers numerous times and it won't work.

ensure the battery is well charged then hold volume increase button when connecting to PC.
did you try the driver update method i described above?

Note!