Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] Unnecto u-830 rush blk pattern locked
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free

[Please help] Unnecto u-830 rush blk pattern locked

[Please help] Unnecto u-830 rush blk pattern locked

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
matthewk
matthewk
matthewk
Enthusiastic Member
27-05-2015, 03:21 AM

Howdy! I am new here and I have been searching for an answer to this problem and this looks to be by far the best tech forum I have found for phones. Hopefully someone can help me and perhaps I can help someone else with what I have found. It seems there is very little info out there on these unnecto phones.

I have what is labeled as a Unnecto U-830 RUSH BKL. I am mentioning this because it is a wee bit different than the photos that I see of these. Mine does not have the two little holes on the top front to the left of the center. The rest of it is exactly like the picture.

This phone has one SIM card and had been activated with Cellular One. It has no SD card, but space for one, and a slot for a second SIM card.

When it comes up it is hopelessly pattern locked. There is no getting around it. The tapping the home key does not work.

After hours of playing with it this is what I have found.. Hopefully this will help somebody, and hopefully it is like some other phone and someone can help me..

If you hold down the home key and turn it on, it will come up in safe mode. That is totally useless. It is still pattern locked.

If you hold the volume rocker in the up position and the power button until the screen backlight comes on (it is a black screen but you can see the backlight) and than let go of the power button, but hold the volume up button until the backligt goes back off, it will come up in sort of a test and rescue mode.

I say sort of because you have the option to factory wipe the phone, but you need the damn pattern code to do it.

However, you can pull down the top menu and get into settings. Sadly, the security-> wipe or reset needs the swipe code and you need the swipe code to turn the swipe code off.

If you go into the phones info and tap 7 times on the build it will enable developer mode and you get a menu in settings. You can turn USB debuging on there.

There is an easter egg in it. If you tap a bunch of times fast on the Android build number you get a spinning K and if you muck with that you get an Android logo screen and if you muck with that you get a bunch of android tiles that move or you can drag around. Fun but not useful.

I have tried installing adb and all of the drivers I can find. It shows up but it shows up as offline. I tried the PDA NET thing but that seems to need software running on the phone.

I have an SD card I can put stuff on. Is there another hidden boot menu or a way from one of the task managers to run an app from the SD card, or has anybody had luck with ADB and these things?

Thank you all so much in advance!
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
27-05-2015, 12:41 PM
(27-05-2015, 03:21 AM)matthewk Howdy! I am new here and I have been searching for an answer to this problem and this looks to be by far the best tech forum I have found for phones. Hopefully someone can help me and perhaps I can help someone else with what I have found. It seems there is very little info out there on these unnecto phones.

1. would help to know what chipset your phone is running on. Do you have a link to a page listing it's specs?
2. we'll be trying this pattern bypass technique @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-259.html
3. switch off the phone and try volume up + power button then volume down + power button
list out the items you see in each of the two modes
4.can adb detect the phone in any mode?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
matthewk
matthewk
matthewk
Enthusiastic Member
27-05-2015, 04:46 PM
(27-05-2015, 12:41 PM)Hello and thank you for your reply!  I will answer your questions as best as I can.  I am new to all of this, so please bear with me.1. would help to know what chipset your phone is running on. Do you have a link to a page listing it\s specs? I have looked at the unnecto page for the phone.  All they have to say is it is a quad core 1.2Ghz processor.  When I go to hook up to my notebook I get many issues with Spreadtrum, and I have tried installing all kinds of drivers, none of which seem to work. 2. we'll be trying this pattern bypass technique @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-259.html

I will take a look at that now.  Thank you for sharing it,

3. switch off the phone and try volume up + power button then volume down + power button list out the items you see in each of the two modes

The volume and power down does nothing.  Vol up tan vol down boots into normal locked mode.  Vol up and power as I described boots into a menu:

MMI test
Full Test
Item Test
Test Info
Reset

And I can move the top status bar on the screen down and see that I have USB connected, new voice mail, and USB debugging connected.

I can also press the grid of squares in the upper left of that screen and get to the screen to a screen with the user (greyed out) wifi (on/off), bluetooth (on/off), data (on/off), Audioprofile, location, brightness, airplane, and rotation.

I can also hit the slider button on the left side of the top right and get into the settings menu.

That being said, I have not found a way to run an app on an SD card or reset the phone w/o the swipe code.

4.can adb detect the phone in any mode?

This is how far I get with adb:

C:\adb\adb_win_v1.0.26>adb devices

* daemon not running. starting it now *
* daemon started successfully *
List of devices attached
85426802230221  offline

C:\adb\adb_win_v1.0.26>

So yes, it finds it but it can not touch it.  It sees it as offline.

I am going to look at the link you sent, and thank you again for your reply. 
matthewk
matthewk
matthewk
Enthusiastic Member
27-05-2015, 05:18 PM
I had a look at the link you sent me, and I have tried all of the ideas presented. This phone seems a bit different in that none of the ideas covered works.

I never get a prompt to reset my google info, any of the reset functions require knowing the swipe code, and the adb always shows up as offline.

Urg.

I am still poking at it though.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
27-05-2015, 08:19 PM

(27-05-2015, 05:18 PM)matthewk I had a look at the link you sent me, and I have tried all of the ideas presented.  This phone seems a bit different in that none of the ideas covered works.

I never get a prompt to reset my google info, any of the reset functions require knowing the swipe code, and the adb always shows up as offline.

Urg.

I am still poking at it though.

so we dont know for sure if the chipset is MTK, Spreadtrum, Qualcomm or what ever it is
knowing the chipset would give us an insight into why it displays as offline in adb
for Spreadtrum devices, see https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-2137.html
BTW, was the phone rooted?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
matthewk
matthewk
matthewk
Enthusiastic Member
27-05-2015, 08:37 PM
As far as I know the phone is still stock. FWIW I think the GPS is dead in it as it fails the GPS self test, never finding any satellites.

How would one go about finding out the chipset in the phone?
matthewk
matthewk
matthewk
Enthusiastic Member
27-05-2015, 09:00 PM
Progress!!!

Still not home yet though. Ok, your version of adb and the drivers did this:

C:\adb>adb devices
List of devices attached
85426802230221 unauthorized

(dialog to allow connection popped up on the droid screen & I allowed it...)

C:\adb>adb shell
shell@scx35_sp7730ec:/ $ cd data/system
cd data/system
shell@scx35_sp7730ec:/data/system $ rm *.key
rm *.key
rm failed for gesture.key, Permission denied
255|shell@scx35_sp7730ec:/data/system $ rm gesture.key
rm gesture.key
rm failed for gesture.key, Permission denied
255|shell@scx35_sp7730ec:/data/system $

So the problem is I can not delete the gesture key. I get an error if I try to restart the adb server as root..

C:\adb>
C:\adb>adb devices
List of devices attached
85426802230221 unauthorized

C:\adb>adb root
adbd cannot run as root in production builds

C:\adb>

There does not appear to be a su or a sudo in the shell.

Any ideas now? We are sooo damn close!!
matthewk
matthewk
matthewk
Enthusiastic Member
27-05-2015, 10:53 PM
I got it!

I never was able to remove the gesture lock file, but I was able to reboot it into recovery mode.

That came back up with a sick looking android and what looked like an error message in Chinese. I hit a few keys and got into the recovery menu and I was able to wipe it to the factory defaults.

Now that I am in, the GPS seems to be dead. One other thing that is interesting is with the back cover off, on the left hand side, next to one of the screws there seems to be a very small snap on type RF connector. Was there an antenna or something connected to the back of the phone at one point in time?

I can snap a picture if you are interested.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
28-05-2015, 07:25 AM
(27-05-2015, 10:53 PM)matthewk I got it!

I never was able to remove the gesture lock file, but I was able to reboot it into recovery mode.

That came back up with a sick looking android and what looked like an error message in Chinese.  I hit a few keys and got into the recovery menu and I was able to wipe it to the factory defaults.  

Now that I am in, the GPS seems to be dead.  One other thing that is interesting is with the back cover off, on the left hand side, next to one of the screws there seems to be a very small snap on type RF connector.  Was there an antenna or something connected to the back of the phone at one point in time?

I can snap a picture if you are interested.

before we proceed with the GPS issue, please confirm that the pattern lock issue is now fixed

Note!
matthewk
matthewk
matthewk
Enthusiastic Member
28-05-2015, 03:26 PM

Yes, thank you very much. The pattern lock issue is resolved.

I suspect the GPS is dead in hardware. The GPS failed the hardware self test, and occasionally the phone beeps 4 times when I turn it on, like an error code. I have tried a couple GOS test apps and they just sit there dead, never finding any satellites, while my old moto droid finds a dozen with the same software.

If you can help me get the GPS going I will be amazed!

BTW, if you get another one of these, the adb package you have here, the one you pointed me to, had the right drivers or whatever. The phone did show up on line in adb. However I never was able to delete the gesture.lock file. The file was not touchable. I could not chmod or chown, mv it to another name or do anything in that directory. In the end I was able to use the adb reboot into the bootloader and that had an option to wipe the phone that was not password protected.

So the phone was wiped back to the factory settings, but I am in it now.
Pages (2): 1 2 Next