Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Tecno F7 Not Detecting Sim Card
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

Tecno F7 Not Detecting Sim Card

Tecno F7 Not Detecting Sim Card

mogten
mogten
mogten
Enthusiastic Member
25-07-2015, 07:17 PM

Good evening good people and especially to king Hovatek, I flashed a F7 backup I made using mtkdroid tools on a friend's bricked F7, the phone worked quite well but is unable to detect sim card. I formatted, did navram restore and even created another mpob 001 but it all didn't work. So I resort to flashing the stock rom back up I downloaded from Hovatek but it's refusing to flash. I installed vcom drivers but all prove abortive, as I still get the dram failure message when I attempt to flash. The phone imei number still works and displays well, but no sim card network. Thanks.
This post was last modified: 25-07-2015, 10:22 PM by mogten.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
26-07-2015, 01:53 PM
(25-07-2015, 07:17 PM)mogten Good evening good people and especially to king Hovatek,  I flashed a F7 backup I made using mtkdroid tools on a friend's bricked F7, the phone worked quite well but is unable to detect sim card. I formatted, did navram restore and even created another mpob 001 but it all didn't work. So I resort to flashing the stock rom back up I downloaded from Hovatek but it's refusing to flash. I installed vcom drivers but all prove abortive, as I still get the dram failure message when I attempt to flash. The phone imei number still works and displays well, but no sim card network. Thanks.

lets focus on the backup you made from a working phone. after flashing, does the phone have Baseband (settings > about > baseband)?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
mogten
mogten
mogten
Enthusiastic Member
26-07-2015, 02:06 PM
(26-07-2015, 01:53 PM)hovatek
(25-07-2015, 07:17 PM)mogten Good evening good people and especially to king Hovatek,  I flashed a F7 backup I made using mtkdroid tools on a friend's bricked F7, the phone worked quite well but is unable to detect sim card. I formatted, did navram restore and even created another mpob 001 but it all didn't work. So I resort to flashing the stock rom back up I downloaded from Hovatek but it's refusing to flash. I installed vcom drivers but all prove abortive, as I still get the dram failure message when I attempt to flash. The phone imei number still works and displays well, but no sim card network. Thanks.

lets focus on the backup you made from a working phone. after flashing, does the phone have Baseband (settings > about > baseband)?
Yes it does boss. Only that there's no network.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
27-07-2015, 07:01 AM
(26-07-2015, 02:06 PM)mogten Yes it does boss. Only that there's no network.

have you tried fixing Null IMEI using https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-116.html and does the phone now have both IMEI and baseband?
This post was last modified: 27-07-2015, 07:04 AM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
mogten
mogten
mogten
Enthusiastic Member
27-07-2015, 08:50 AM

(27-07-2015, 07:01 AM)hovatek
(26-07-2015, 02:06 PM)mogten Yes it does boss. Only that there's no network.

have you tried fixing Null IMEI using https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-116.html and does the phone now have both IMEI and baseband?
Yes I did try all except the Abdullah one as I don't have the backup. it has both. Wonder if its the radio that is broken. Unfortunately I can't fix that yet.
This post was last modified: 27-07-2015, 09:15 AM by mogten.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
27-07-2015, 11:48 AM
(27-07-2015, 08:50 AM)mogten Yes I did try all except the Abdullah one as I don't have the backup. it has both. Wonder if its the radio that is broken. Unfortunately I can't fix that yet.

if it has both IMEI and baseband then its either baseband is incorrect or radio is set to off (thats on the software end)
for the wrong baseband, flashing the correct firmware should fix that.
for radio set to off, there's a mobile uncle fix for that at the Null IMEI guide

Note!
Neyeo
Neyeo
Neyeo
27-07-2015, 12:14 PM
Please i am having a problem with my phone techno h6 camera.  It used to show  many horizontal lines whenever  i put to camera to snap thereby  leading  to non cleared  image snapped.  Please  help me out

Sent from my TECNO H6 using Hovatek mobile
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
27-07-2015, 05:45 PM
(27-07-2015, 12:14 PM)Neyeo Please i am having a problem with my phone techno h6 camera.  It used to show  many horizontal lines whenever  i put to camera to snap thereby  leading  to non cleared  image snapped.  Please  help me out

Sent from my TECNO H6 using Hovatek mobile

create a new thread, this is someone else's support thread

see https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-514.html for how to create a thread

Note!
mogten
mogten
mogten
Enthusiastic Member
27-07-2015, 09:15 PM
(27-07-2015, 11:48 AM)hovatek
(27-07-2015, 08:50 AM)mogten Yes I did try all except the Abdullah one as I don't have the backup. it has both. Wonder if its the radio that is broken. Unfortunately I can't fix that yet.

if it has both IMEI and baseband then its either baseband is incorrect or radio is set to off (thats on the software end)
for the wrong baseband, flashing the correct firmware should fix that.
for radio set to off, there's a mobile uncle fix for that at the Null IMEI guide
Thanks, Hova. I always resort to flashing the entire firmware in such situations. Only that sp flashtool has fail to download the rom, all the vcom drivers I've tried failed to work. Always dram issues and the sort. Even the backup I earlier flashed is refusing to flash.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
28-07-2015, 12:09 PM

(27-07-2015, 09:15 PM)mogten Thanks, Hova. I always resort to flashing the entire firmware in such situations. Only that sp flashtool has fail to download the rom, all the vcom drivers I've tried failed to work. Always dram issues and the sort. Even the backup I earlier flashed is refusing to flash.

whats the exact SP flash tool error you keep getting and the hint at the bottom?

Note!