Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Missing data files on tecno h5 Stock rom
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Missing data files on tecno h5 Stock rom

Missing data files on tecno h5 Stock rom

mutchez
mutchez
mutchez
Enthusiastic Member
14-09-2015, 08:23 PM

Am amazed since the tecno h5 stock rom I downloaded and flashed using sp flash tool did not have cache and userdata as it wasn't ticked on when I was selecting thus the flashing was unsuccessful since it got bootlooped and the phone doesn't go past the tecno logo...kindly help me out or provide me with the links to downloading the two .img files
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
15-09-2015, 06:33 AM
(14-09-2015, 08:23 PM)mutchez Am amazed since the tecno h5 stock rom I downloaded and flashed using sp flash tool did not have cache and userdata as it wasn't ticked on when I was selecting thus the flashing was unsuccessful since it got bootlooped and the phone doesn't go past the tecno logo...kindly help me out or provide me with the links to downloading the two .img files

userdata and cache are optional files and the phone will work file whether or not you flash them.
loader the scatter file and click Download to proceed with flashing (ignore these two files)
after flashing, do a factory reset in recovery mode.
This post was last modified: 15-09-2015, 06:35 AM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
mutchez
mutchez
mutchez
Enthusiastic Member
17-09-2015, 09:02 PM
Thanks greatly, I downloaded though I have been trying to connect to mobile connection but the H+ signal doesn't come up no matter how much I try... Even the mobile operators can't help me out in fixing the problem, what should I do?
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
18-09-2015, 09:26 AM
(17-09-2015, 09:02 PM)mutchez Thanks greatly, I downloaded though I have been trying to connect to mobile connection but the H+ signal doesn't come up no matter how much I try... Even the mobile operators can't help me out in fixing the problem, what should I do?

probably null IMEI or an NVRAM thing.
does the phone have both IMEI and baseband? (Settings >About)

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
mutchez
mutchez
mutchez
Enthusiastic Member
19-09-2015, 06:29 PM

Yeah,it has both imei and a baseband version though I was wondering what NVRAM is since I kept seeing it everytime I turned wifi on and how can I remove it or make it connect to the internet?
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
19-09-2015, 09:12 PM
(19-09-2015, 06:29 PM)mutchez Yeah,it has both imei and a baseband version though I was wondering what NVRAM is since I kept seeing it everytime I turned wifi on and how can I remove it or make it connect to the internet?

fix the 0x10 error using https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-117.html
as for the signal issue, enable airplane mode then disable it.
if that doesn't work then try writing different IMEIs to the phone

Note!
mutchez
mutchez
mutchez
Enthusiastic Member
20-09-2015, 07:46 PM
How do I write different imei's,am unaware and don't how to write it...It hasn't worked after enabling and disabling airplane mode...
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
21-09-2015, 09:51 AM
(20-09-2015, 07:46 PM)mutchez How do I write different imei's,am unaware and don't how to write it...It hasn't worked after enabling and disabling airplane mode...

1. write the phone's original IMEI using https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-116.html
2. try SIM cards of other networks on the phone to know if it persists
3. set to 2G and 3G under mobile networks
This post was last modified: 21-09-2015, 09:52 AM by hovatek.

Note!