Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] Stock Rom OR Backup For Tecno 8H. Plzzzz
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] Stock Rom OR Backup For Tecno 8H. Plzzzz

[Please help] Stock Rom OR Backup For Tecno 8H. Plzzzz

klaw
klaw
klaw
Enthusiastic Member
20-09-2015, 11:30 PM

Angel Any one with a backup or stock rom for Tecno 8H plz send link.
Muncha Gracias!!!
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
21-09-2015, 12:12 PM
(20-09-2015, 11:30 PM)klaw Angel Any one with a backup or stock rom for Tecno 8H plz send link.
Muncha Gracias!!!

whats wrong with the phone and how did it happen?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
klaw
klaw
klaw
Enthusiastic Member
21-09-2015, 03:24 PM
Hello,
Actually, i was trying to install an OTA system update. Apparently, the update is problematic because even the scatter file in it was not valid.
Any way the update did not install and i then flashed it manually.
From there on it was downhill till the phone got brick last night.

However, carlcare has flashed it today, so what i need now is a careful safe step to do a complete Nandroid backup.
the recovery on the tablet only allows for userdata backup.

thanks all. as soon as i do a complete backup i will upload it here.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
21-09-2015, 05:29 PM
(21-09-2015, 03:24 PM)klaw Hello,
Actually, i was trying to install an OTA system update. Apparently, the update is problematic because even the scatter file in it was not valid.
Any way the update did not install and i then flashed it manually.
From there on it was downhill till the phone got brick last night.

However, carlcare has flashed it today, so what i need now is a careful safe step to do a complete Nandroid backup.
the recovery on the tablet only allows for userdata backup.

thanks all. as soon as i do a complete backup i will upload it here.

have you rooted the phone?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
klaw
klaw
klaw
Enthusiastic Member
21-09-2015, 06:09 PM

No. But i will be using Kingroot in a minute. Any alternative or better suggestions?
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
22-09-2015, 10:26 AM
(21-09-2015, 06:09 PM)klaw No. But i will be using Kingroot in a minute. Any alternative or better suggestions?

Has the phone been rooted? if not, try Kingo root @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-1.html
waiting...

Note!
klaw
klaw
klaw
Enthusiastic Member
26-09-2015, 01:13 PM
The H8 is now rooted. i used kingroot and followed another tutorial to swap kingroot with supersu because of the security issues with kingroot.
However, i still can't do a backup. the mkTools are not working. No recovery. No backup. yet.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
26-09-2015, 02:50 PM
(26-09-2015, 01:13 PM)klaw The H8 is now rooted. i used kingroot and followed another tutorial to swap kingroot with supersu because of the security issues with kingroot.
However, i still can't do a backup. the mkTools are not working. No recovery. No backup. yet.

backup using MTK droid tools @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-468.html
ensure to disable your antivirus because your antivirus might flag it as a virus but its not

Note!
klaw
klaw
klaw
Enthusiastic Member
26-09-2015, 08:13 PM
(26-09-2015, 02:50 PM)hovatek
(26-09-2015, 01:13 PM)klaw The H8 is now rooted. i used kingroot and followed another tutorial to swap kingroot with supersu because of the security issues with kingroot.

backup using MTK droid tools @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-468.html
ensure to disable your antivirus because your antivirus might flag it as a virus but its not

still no luck. Phone not recognized by MtK tools. Maybe its because i am using windows 10. Try with a friends window 7 on monday.