Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android PLEASE HELP! I HARD BRICKED MY TECNO PHANTOM A+
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

PLEASE HELP! I HARD BRICKED MY TECNO PHANTOM A+

PLEASE HELP! I HARD BRICKED MY TECNO PHANTOM A+

Pages (7): Previous 1 2 3 4 57 Next
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
19-10-2014, 05:38 PM

(19-10-2014, 02:23 PM)shyllon But please can i flash off everything i dont need the old data again.and where would i paste the mtk backup.

No. you're to flash only system.img first. you need to thread with caution at this stage. As for your second question, are you having problems using SP flash tool or what? because the second question isnt clear

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
shyllon
shyllon
shyllon
Respected Member
19-10-2014, 08:17 PM
(19-10-2014, 05:38 PM)hovatek
(19-10-2014, 02:23 PM)shyllon But please can i flash off everything i dont need the old data again.and where would i paste the mtk backup.

No. you're to flash only system.img first. you need to thread with caution at this stage. As for your second question, are you having problems using SP flash tool or what? because the second question isnt clear

I mean the mtk stock rom that i downloaded,where would i put it,on phone memory or the pc,and which folder if its going to be on the pc?
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
19-10-2014, 09:01 PM
(19-10-2014, 08:17 PM)shyllon I mean the mtk stock rom that i downloaded,where would  i put it,on phone memory or the pc,and which folder if its going to be on the pc?

its a zip file so extract it to any folder on you pc. you can then proceed with the sp flash tool guide. in sp flash tool, click scatter loading then select scatter file from the extracted folder in the window that pops up. you can see the video if you need a visual guide

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
shyllon
shyllon
shyllon
Respected Member
19-10-2014, 09:46 PM
Ok now after pressing scatter and loading it then i should choose system to bah?
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
20-10-2014, 09:25 AM

(19-10-2014, 09:46 PM)shyllon Ok now after pressing scatter and loading it then i should choose system to bah?

No.

Launch Sp flash tool
Click scatter loading
A Window will pop up
In the window that pops up, navigate  to the folder you extracted from the MTK backup you downloaded
Select the scatter file (text file that has "scatter" in its name)
Sp flash tool will show a list with some ticked
Untick all except Android
click download and Yes/OK to proceed
Switch off the phone then connect to PC

Here's the Sp flash tool guide @ http://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-159.html , it explains more

Note!
CINO22
CINO22
CINO22
Techie Member
20-10-2014, 08:13 PM
Pls!!!!!!!!!! "I need help' a customers spd itel ite1500 was bricked after trying to flash with Research download software!
I need a pac file for it plssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!
This is my pin; 25AC55E3
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
20-10-2014, 10:36 PM
(20-10-2014, 08:13 PM)CINO22 Pls!!!!!!!!!! "I need help' a customers spd itel ite1500 was bricked after trying to flash with Research download software!
I need a pac file for it plssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!
This is my pin; 25AC55E3

please, create a new thread for this by clicking http://www.hovatek.com/forum/newthread.php?fid=4

Note!
shyllon
shyllon
shyllon
Respected Member
22-10-2014, 06:07 PM
While trying to flash my phone I tried installing mediatek vcom driver then I got this error a step after final installation. "The software for this device is now installed, but may not work correctly. This device cannot start (code 10)" That's the problem and when I open sp flash tool to flash after ticking USB mode and loading scatter file when I chose the file to download and I click download it would only display battery charge bar then go back to bootloop when I connect the phone.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
22-10-2014, 06:49 PM
(22-10-2014, 06:07 PM)shyllon While trying to flash my phone I tried installing mediatek vcom driver then I got this error a step after final installation. "The software for this device is now installed, but may not work correctly. This device cannot start (code 10)" That's the problem and when I open sp flash tool to flash after ticking USB mode and loading scatter file when I chose the file to download and I click download it would only display battery charge bar then go back to bootloop when I connect the phone.

the battery sign when trying to flash in sp flash tool means vcom drivers have not been installed on the PC. As for the error 10, are you sure you selected the Correct .inf file from the correct folder as specified by the tutorial? 64bit for 64bit, the other for 32 bit. as for the error 10, read http://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-596.html

Note!
shyllon
shyllon
shyllon
Respected Member
25-10-2014, 04:44 AM

(22-10-2014, 06:49 PM)hovatek
(22-10-2014, 06:07 PM)shyllon While trying to flash my phone I tried installing mediatek vcom driver then I got this error a step after final installation. "The software for this device is now installed, but may not work correctly. This device cannot start (code 10)" That's the problem and when I open sp flash tool to flash after ticking USB mode and loading scatter file when I chose the file to download and I click download it would only display battery charge bar then go back to bootloop when I connect the phone.

the battery sign when trying to flash in sp flash tool means vcom drivers have not been installed on the PC. As for the error 10, are you sure you selected the Correct .inf file from the correct folder as specified by the tutorial? 64bit for 64bit, the other for 32 bit. as for the error 10, read http://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-596.html
Pages (7): Previous 1 2 3 4 57 Next