Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] MTK Droid Tools NOT able to Create Scatter File for MT6735P (iNew L4)
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] MTK Droid Tools NOT able to Create Scatter File for MT6735P (iNew L4)

[Please help] MTK Droid Tools NOT able to Create Scatter File for MT6735P (iNew L4)

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
bellskar
bellskar
bellskar
Techie Member
07-11-2015, 11:52 AM

My purpose is to create scatter file for iNew L4 (MT6735p chipset) but MTK Droid Tools provides a grayed out button "Create Scatter File" with an error on the main connection log."TotalBytesPerChunk Not Found. Set default Page/Spare=2048/64" (screnshots attached)

After searching a lot I tried a recommendation to use SD card and install Busybox but it was of no use as the problem persisted. I have at least 10GB free space on Phone storage + 7 GB free space on SD card. Default write set to SD card. Installed Busybox (no-root) app from Play store (https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...ps.busybox) because the phone is not rooted (it's not even able to root as far as I have tried various methods including root option in MTK Droid Tools).

Note: I have tried with another Infinix phone with MT6592 chipset, everything goes fine from connection to creating scatter files and backup/recovery etc. But I am only having problem with iNew L4 smartphone which has MT6735P chipset.

Can anyone please suggest something about it?
Thank you
Attached Files
.jpg
mt6735p-mainscreen.jpg
Size: 80.3 KB / Downloads: 146
.jpg
mt6735p-blockinfo.jpg
Size: 143.43 KB / Downloads: 133
.jpg
mt6735p-recover-screen.jpg
Size: 69.76 KB / Downloads: 103
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
07-11-2015, 02:55 PM
(07-11-2015, 11:52 AM)bellskar My purpose is to create scatter file for iNew L4 (MT6735p chipset) but MTK Droid Tools provides a grayed out button "Create Scatter File" with an error on the main connection log."TotalBytesPerChunk Not Found. Set default Page/Spare=2048/64" (screnshots attached)

After searching a lot I tried a recommendation to use SD card and install Busybox but it was of no use as the problem persisted. I have at least 10GB free space on Phone storage + 7 GB free space on SD card. Default write set to SD card. Installed Busybox (no-root) app from Play store (https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...ps.busybox) because the phone is not rooted (it's not even able to root as far as I have tried various methods including root option in MTK Droid Tools).

Note: I have tried with another Infinix phone with MT6592 chipset, everything goes fine from connection to creating scatter files and backup/recovery etc. But I am only having problem with iNew L4 smartphone which has MT6735P chipset.

Thank you

The presently latest version of MTK Droid tools doesn't fully support this chipset

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
bellskar
bellskar
bellskar
Techie Member
07-11-2015, 04:43 PM
(07-11-2015, 02:55 PM)hovatek
(07-11-2015, 11:52 AM)bellskar My purpose is to create scatter file for iNew L4 (MT6735p chipset) but MTK Droid Tools provides a grayed out button "Create Scatter File" with an error on the main connection log."TotalBytesPerChunk Not Found. Set default Page/Spare=2048/64" (screnshots attached)

Thank you

The presently latest version of MTK Droid tools doesn't fully support this chipset

That's kind a relaxing reply. So there is no solution available to this right now; that's what you mean? Or is there anything I could try?
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
08-11-2015, 05:32 PM
(07-11-2015, 04:43 PM)bellskar That's kind a relaxing reply. So there is no solution available to this right now; that's what you mean? Or is there anything I could try?

For now, no. What exactly are you trying to achieve?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
bellskar
bellskar
bellskar
Techie Member
08-11-2015, 08:31 PM

Thanks Hovatek,
- I wanted to root the phone. (KingoROOT failed after trying for half an hour. MTKDroidTools root also couldn't root it)
- Thought to flash CWM recovery by backing up Stock ROM via MTKDroidTools and SPFlashTool but couldn't create scatter file as mentioned above.
- Found the MT6735M scatter file on the web from various places, so thought try this one with the phone but SP Flash Tool can not even start Readback process as it couldn't match the scatter file with the connected phone.

BTW I also tried another MDT2.5.3 with a post-fix "d" (MTKDroidTools v2.5.3d) from http://androidmtk.com/download-mtk-droid-tool the ini file mentions the model MT6735 but not MT6735M or MT6735P though.

Still trying a lot to find a solution.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
09-11-2015, 10:38 AM
(08-11-2015, 08:31 PM)bellskar Thanks Hovatek,
- I wanted to root the phone. (KingoROOT failed after trying for half an hour. MTKDroidTools root also couldn't root it)
- Thought to flash CWM recovery by backing up Stock ROM via MTKDroidTools and SPFlashTool but couldn't create scatter file as mentioned above.
- Found the MT6735M scatter file on the web from various places, so thought try this one with the phone but SP Flash Tool can not even start Readback process as it couldn't match the scatter file with the connected phone.

BTW I also tried another MDT2.5.3 with a post-fix "d" (MTKDroidTools v2.5.3d) from http://androidmtk.com/download-mtk-droid-tool the ini file mentions the model MT6735 but not MT6735M or MT6735P though.

Still trying a lot to find a solution.

if you can download the stock ROM then you have a very good shot at rooting

Note!
pjmanzo
pjmanzo
pjmanzo
10-11-2015, 07:39 AM
try editting the mtkdroid tools configuration file. Change the list of supported chipsets. Its located in the same folder as the mtkdroid tools folder.
bellskar
bellskar
bellskar
Techie Member
10-11-2015, 11:11 AM
Thank you guys,

(09-11-2015, 10:38 AM)hovatek if you can download the stock ROM then you have a very good shot at rooting

Do you mean to find the stock ROM online somewhere? or you do you mean to download/extract it from the phone I have?
As the phone already can't let me readback from it as I posted this article, so most probably you would have suggested to find the stock ROM online and download it. Right? If so, then I just couldn't find its stock ROM online. Found a few on 4pda forums but they were Chinese.

(10-11-2015, 07:39 AM)pjmanzo try editting the mtkdroid tools configuration file. Change the list of supported chipsets. Its located in the same folder as the mtkdroid tools folder.

after adding the chipset model MT6735P in the ini file, the tool indeed let me create the scatter file.
But the file's format is not similar to what I have seen and worked with other phones.

Anyways, I tried with that scatter file but the SP Flash Tool couldn't readback while prompted me with the following error.
"Target baseband chip is inconsistent with scatter files!"

I have attached the scatter file as well as the screen shots of the process.

Note: When connected to MTK Droid Tools, the tool also states with an error as mentioned in original post above. It's still intact even after adding the chip model in ini.
This post was last modified: 10-11-2015, 11:17 AM by bellskar.
Attached Files
.jpg
MTKdroidTools.ini.jpg
Size: 27.01 KB / Downloads: 290
.jpg
mdt-block-info.jpg
Size: 140.61 KB / Downloads: 182
.jpg
spft-scatter-loaded.jpg
Size: 99.2 KB / Downloads: 178
.jpg
spft-readback-address.jpg
Size: 59.39 KB / Downloads: 159
.jpg
spft-readback-error.jpg
Size: 33.8 KB / Downloads: 157
.txt
MT6735P_Android_scatter.txt
Size: 588 bytes / Downloads: 524
pjmanzo
pjmanzo
pjmanzo
10-11-2015, 01:37 PM
then bro open mtkdroid tools again and go to the backup, restore tab. Then click the option named "to prepare blocks for flash tool" and wait. Files shall be generated to become flashable. You can see it at the backups folder. Some files may be missing but I managed to find them since I already backed up my rom using droidtools.
pjmanzo
pjmanzo
pjmanzo
10-11-2015, 01:40 PM

also, dont use the scatter file from the backups folder. Use the scatter from "!files to flashtool" folder. Scatter file should be at the same folder with the files to be flashed. Another one, edit name the scatter.txt to have your chipset model(MT6572 in my case).
Pages (2): 1 2 Next