Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Tutorial] How to use MTK Droid tools to backup Mediatek firmware
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

[Tutorial] How to use MTK Droid tools to backup Mediatek firmware

[Tutorial] How to use MTK Droid tools to backup Mediatek firmware

Pages (12): Previous 15 6 7 8 912 Next
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
11-11-2015, 04:01 PM

(11-11-2015, 03:20 PM)bellskar So I just bought a new memory card of 16GB and used in the device. But error still persists Undecided

Of course the card is giving 14.7GB free space on it. Also detected by MTK Droid Tools. What do you suggest now? I really don't think it's a memory issue.. do you?

That rules out SD card, still keep it though.
Download the two types of free busybox on playstore .
If this still doesn't work then it's either userdata or system is too large. you best use the read-back method then

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
bellskar
bellskar
bellskar
Techie Member
11-11-2015, 04:29 PM
1. Readback method in SP Flash Tool has already failed as I first tried only that one. As I mentioned in my first post over here https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-10114.html this phone was not letting me create a scatter file and a few found on the internet were didn't match to this phone when performing readback.

2. After being advised on that thread, I modified the ini file and once got able to create scatter file which created the file but in a format like not many scatter files usually created.(may be partition type difference or what I don't know) Any how, that scatter file was also not able to readback from the phone with a BROM error. I mentioned this over that thread.

3. Finally reached this thread of yours, when I was following some errors while trying to get root shell access after the iRoot(KingRoot) rooted this phone. Errors such "adbd file not found" - having them fixed all of them and having this phone rooted (with root shell), thanks to you.

Now stuck with this at Backup as the ZERO file issue persists in there. Wonder if we could try something else?

Anyway what other free BusyBox on playstore? can you provide specific links please?

Also, if you could advise, how to select options in SP Flash Tool for this scatter file (attached)? They way I tried, failed.

Do you think the content of the files generated (even though partially with error) with Backup process in MTK Droid Tools can give some idea of the issue?

thanks
This post was last modified: 11-11-2015, 04:40 PM by bellskar. Edit Reason: Attached scatter file.
Attached Files
.txt
MT6735P_Android_scatter.txt
Size: 588 bytes / Downloads: 30
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
11-11-2015, 05:50 PM
(11-11-2015, 04:29 PM)bellskar Do you think the content of the files generated (even though partially with error) with Backup process in MTK Droid Tools can give some idea of the issue?

thanks

I think you'll encounter errors because this version of mtk droid tools doesn't fully support your chipset.
Anyways, let's give busybox a shot
In playstore, search for Busybox Installer

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
bellskar
bellskar
bellskar
Techie Member
11-11-2015, 06:14 PM
I found one in playstore dveloped by JRummy Apps..
Would I need to uninstall the previous one?
bellskar
bellskar
bellskar
Techie Member
11-11-2015, 06:23 PM

Anyways, I just headed over and installed BusyBox Installer from Play Store.
But before installing it from the app, I removed the previous BusyBox installation and removed the app as well.

Now when I installed with BusyBox Installer, it took time to download stuff but finally failed to install with no more detail
bellskar
bellskar
bellskar
Techie Member
11-11-2015, 11:38 PM
So finally, I have a bootloop after installing BusyBox with smart install options. Thought, may be smart install with default selected options would do any better. It indeed did something different but not worse and on a restart it just stuck on a bootloop. Now can't even enter recovery mode. it's just black screen with a Chinese word on the top in yellow.

Already had a ported TWRP recovery.img from needrom. but didn't try it before as I wasn't really sure about it if it would do something good or even bad. So didn't even look at that. But now when this phone is not able to start up so I just flashed that ported TWRP recovery.img and have at least an interface to interact with the phone.

Do you think we can continue with it?

Now I don't have any full ROM backup of this phone, as you know I have just been struggling to get that backup and ended up at this state.

Thanks to needrom that I also got an official ROM. Just started downloading that ROM. hope that it will work but not sure what language and what region it would be from. http://www.needrom.com/download/inew-l4-...-firmware/

Anyway another question is that I also found a ROM of phone Bluboo X550 from needrom.com here http://www.needrom.com/download/bluboo-x550/ the build number version, baseband version and kernal version are identical to what my phone iNew L4 had before dying. Would you advise to try this ROM on the L4? as this download is just complete now and I really want to finish with this. In addition both the phones have very identical hardware including MT6735P, 5.5" display 720p res 5k mAh battery and so the camera.

NOTE: Admin please if you feel this is another topic, which I think so. Can you move it to appropriate section? thank you. And I do want your input in this.
This post was last modified: 11-11-2015, 11:40 PM by bellskar.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
12-11-2015, 09:58 AM
(11-11-2015, 11:38 PM)bellskar Anyway another question is that I also found a ROM of phone Bluboo X550 from needrom.com here http://www.needrom.com/download/bluboo-x550/ the build number version, baseband version and kernal version are identical to what my phone iNew L4 had before dying. Would you advise to try this ROM on the L4? as this download is just complete now and I really want to finish with this. In addition both the phones have very identical hardware including MT6735P, 5.5" display 720p res 5k mAh battery and so the camera.

NOTE: Admin please if you feel this is another topic, which I think so. Can you move it to appropriate section? thank you. And I do want your input in this.

you were supposed to select Normal install just like in the other Busybox.
As for this other ROM, there are several cases of cloned devices so it just might work on yours since the specs are very similar. this is indeed a new topic so please, create a new thread so we focus on it

Note!
bellskar
bellskar
bellskar
Techie Member
12-11-2015, 01:34 PM
(12-11-2015, 09:58 AM)hovatek you were supposed to select Normal install just like in the other Busybox.
As for this other ROM, there are several cases of cloned devices so it just might work on yours since the specs are very similar. this is indeed a new topic so please, create a new thread so we focus on it

Yes probably, it was giving me tough time already and not letting me backup, I tried just another way even without knowing it.
Anyways, the phone is back now with its official stock ROM as I have shared my experience over here https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-10233.html

The issue still persists. MTK Droid Tools reports exactly what it reported before for this phone. With same "TotalBytesPerChunk" error. Backup process still gives ZERO file error. etc. etc. And yes, the readback process in SP FLash Tool still creates a ROM_0 file but MTK Droid Tools just can't process this ROM_0 and stops with a wrong signature error.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
12-11-2015, 09:24 PM
(12-11-2015, 01:34 PM)bellskar Yes probably, it was giving me tough time already and not letting me backup, I tried just another way even without knowing it.
Anyways, the phone is back now with its official stock ROM as I have shared my experience over here https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-10233.html

The issue still persists. MTK Droid Tools reports exactly what it reported before for this phone. With same "TotalBytesPerChunk" error. Backup process still gives ZERO file error. etc. etc. And yes, the readback process in SP FLash Tool still creates a ROM_0 file but MTK Droid Tools just can't process this ROM_0 and stops with a wrong signature error.

I'll suggest you wait for an update of MTK droid tools because this version - as i said from the onset- doesnt support your chipset

Note!
Harbudul
Harbudul
Harbudul
Enthusiastic Member
03-12-2015, 09:17 AM

please my mtk is saying filr abdb not installed.what else do i do change the yellow to green?
Pages (12): Previous 15 6 7 8 912 Next