Hovatek Forum HARDWARE SIM / Network unlock Can GSM sim be used with unlocked Starcomms CDMA Modem
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Try our Online TWRP Builder

Can GSM sim be used with unlocked Starcomms CDMA Modem

Can GSM sim be used with unlocked Starcomms CDMA Modem

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
gamiheme
gamiheme
gamiheme
18-11-2015, 09:26 AM

I unlocked izap Ac2766 Starcomms modem with the guide in this forum, but when I inserted MTN sim, it recognised that a sim was inserted but can't connect and didn't find where to add mtn apn in modem dashboard settings
Admin, pls help oooo, you said I should post it first, I have done that now
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
18-11-2015, 12:57 PM
(18-11-2015, 09:26 AM)gamiheme I unlocked izap Ac2766 Starcomms modem with the guide in this forum, but when I inserted MTN sim, it recognised that a sim was inserted but can't connect and didn't find where to add mtn apn in modem dashboard settings
Admin, pls help oooo, you said I should post it first, I have done that now

Which of the unlocking guides did you use?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
gamiheme
gamiheme
gamiheme
19-11-2015, 10:16 AM
Yes
I followed this guide
http://www.hovatek.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=457

so what's next
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
19-11-2015, 01:21 PM
(19-11-2015, 10:16 AM)gamiheme Yes
I followed this guide
http://www.hovatek.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=457

so what's next

did you get the success message during unlockĀ and does it ring when you dial it while in the modem?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
gamiheme
gamiheme
gamiheme
23-11-2015, 08:33 PM

I got a success message, but what do you mean by ring when I dial. I still have the Starcomms dashboard in it
please explain better
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
24-11-2015, 11:35 AM
(23-11-2015, 08:33 PM)gamiheme I got a success message, but what do you mean by ring when I dial. I still have the Starcomms dashboard in it
please explain better

Which network's SIM is in the modem?

Note!
gamiheme
gamiheme
gamiheme
24-11-2015, 08:05 PM
Oh
I inserted MTN sim in it, the modem dashboard is still that of Starcomms and No place to input APN and the likes
what's next to be done
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
25-11-2015, 10:58 AM
(24-11-2015, 08:05 PM)gamiheme Oh
I inserted MTN sim in it, the modem dashboard is still that of Starcomms and No place to input APN and the likes
what's next to be done

Good, when you dial the MTN number (while in the modem connected to PC) , does it ring?

Note!
gamiheme
gamiheme
gamiheme
08-12-2015, 10:20 PM
(25-11-2015, 10:58 AM)hovatek
(24-11-2015, 08:05 PM)gamiheme Oh
what's next to be done

Good, when you dial the MTN number (while in the modem connected to PC) , does it ring?

Looks like you don't understand my explanation
It is a cdma dashboard
what do you mean by dial the mtn number
Maybe you can come down to my level,looks like you are talking from an expert point of veiw

Please I really need your help
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
09-12-2015, 12:02 PM

(08-12-2015, 10:20 PM)gamiheme Looks like you don't understand my explanation
It is a cdma dashboard
what do you mean by dial the mtn number
Maybe you can come down to my level,looks like you are talking from an expert point of veiw

Please I really need your help

what im saying is pretty simple.
The MTN SIM you inserted into the modem has a phone number right?
when you insert the SIM into a phone and call its number, the phone would ring wont it.
Now, insert this same SIM into the modem then connect the modem to the PC and dial that SIM's number from another phone
what I want to know is if it rings or not.
chances are it wont ring but I just need to confirm this

Note!
Pages (2): 1 2 Next